• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Win 10 all of a sudden doesn't boot and stucks into startup repair which doesn't fix the problem!Help me!

Hi all,

today all of a sudden,when I turned on my laptop,it didn't want to boot!
It showed me a blue screen but I don't remember what it was saying!

After the restart, it showed the Startup repair, but it didn't solve the problem ,and it restarted again and it got in a loop!

I tried many fixes,but neither of them solved my problem!

Firstly it showed that the windows didn't find installations,then after I made something(I don't remember what) it showed that windows found an installation but and something like element not found!

By the way, I scanned the hardware with the Lenovo Diagnostic utility and it didn't find any hardware issue!

Then I applied the DISKPART clean,and reinstalled the Windows for a few times,but the same problem still persists!
The reinstallations didn't help!

I also reseted the BIOS!

Please help me to fix this!

Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

System Name project silver poison
Processor Intel Xeon x5650
Motherboard Asus x58 sabertooth
Cooling Enermax Liqfusion 240mm
Memory 24gb ripjaws ddr3
Video Card(s) Sapphire R9 fury Nitro
Storage 256gb sata ssd & 1tb seagate white label
Display(s) Asus VP248QG
Case Lian li lancool one
Audio Device(s) Logitech z207 & audio techica m40x
Power Supply Enermax platimax df 1200w
Mouse Corsair Harpoon rgb
Keyboard Coolermaster Masterkeys pro l rgb
you could try to replace the storage drive.

Boot the system with USB drive with same version as you're running. Select Upgrade option. It'll keep all of your stuff while most likely fixing the problem. It's how I fix such problems without losing user data.

Do you have an ISO image of the Windows you're using? You'll need this ISO image and tool called RUFUS. Then you just plug in USB drive, run RUFUS, select USB drive and load the ISO image into it and let it copy stuff. Then start the system with this USB drive and as you're going through install screens, select "Upgrade" instead of Clean install.