• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Win 7 Start up problems

BongoKongo

I have downloaded RealTemp 3.00 & it works fine but I cannot get it to Auto run at start up on Win 7 Ultimate.

1) First I tried dragging a RealTemp shortcut to the Start-up folder; I got an error message at next reboot that said "unable to start program because WinRing0.dll is not on system".

2) So then I copied the WinRing0.dll from the RealTemp folder to the system32 folder & there was no error but still no auto load at reboot.

3) Then I tried putting the RealTemp folder in C:\Program files and then opened task Scheduler & created a New Start up task for the program with highest priorities & pointed it to the RealTemp .exe. But on reboot I got a Windows error box (no description or error number,,sheeze). So I opened Event viewer and found the corresponding fault which said:
The Remote Desktop Services service failed to start due to the following error:
The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

4) I tried to manually start the service thinking that it may have been a start up glitch but it gave the same error I got in the event viewer.

5) So I removed the WinRing0.dll from the System32 folder & removed the program from the Program Files folder & deleted the start up task from Task Scheduler and the The Remote Desktop Services service started immediately.

So now I am back to where I started, but only this time I am slightly confused.
Any help would be appreciated

System Name Rocket
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Motherboard ASRock B450 PRO4
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory HyperX Predator Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
Storage ADATA SX8200 PRO 512GB + Intel 535 Series 120GB + WD 6400AAKS
Display(s) Benq EW2420
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Antec Signature 650
Software Win 10
Did you tried this?

BongoKongo

Did you tried this?
3) Then I tried putting the RealTemp folder in C:\Program files and then opened task Scheduler & created a New Start up task for the program with highest priorities & pointed it to the RealTemp .exe. But on reboot I got a Windows error box (no description or error number,,sheeze). So I opened Event viewer and found the corresponding fault which said:
The Remote Desktop Services service failed to start due to the following error:
The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.
Yes I did try that

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming.
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Air Cooler 6 heat pipes.
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor HellHound RX 7900 GRE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case Modded NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
Hiya BongoKongo

I use windows 7 RC7100 64bit and i was reading this and thought i'd have a quick test.

I downloaded realtemp 3 extracted it to my desktop
Moved the folder to programfiles(x86)
Made a shortcut to my desktop
I then went to my start menue and opened the startuo folder and moved my realtemp shortcut there restarted win 7 and it loaded up without any probs.

give this a try inless you already have (hope it works for you).:toast:

System Name Rocket
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Motherboard ASRock B450 PRO4
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory HyperX Predator Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
Storage ADATA SX8200 PRO 512GB + Intel 535 Series 120GB + WD 6400AAKS
Display(s) Benq EW2420
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Antec Signature 650
Software Win 10

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
The WinRing0 files should be left in the RealTemp folder. If you do not have Administrator privileges then the Start Up folder method will not work in Windows 7. You will need to run it using the Task Scheduler. If you follow the directions in the link that burebista provided it should work. If you are still having problems BongoKongo then contact me so we can try to figure this out. Here's the latest version of RealTemp along with a few other utilities including i7 Turbo. I'm not sure if that will make any difference but it never hurts to try.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1794507/RealTempBeta.zip