• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Win7 SP1 64 - Can't Get QuickTime MOV Video to Play Inside Guitar Method v5

Win7 Pro SP1 64 - Can't Get QuickTime MOV Video to Play Inside Guitar Method v5.0b

Win7 SP1 Pro 64 - Can't Get QuickTime MOV Video to Play Inside eMedia Guitar Method v5.0b

Hello,
I have a 5 monitor desktop computer. It has Windows 7 Pro SP1 - 64 bit with all compatibility updates. I just bought eMedia Guitar Method v5.0b. Every time I tried to play the QuickTime MOV videos inside Guitar Method, you click on icons inside GM, all I get is a very fast separate black full screen and then it disappears in a split second. Clicking on the audio icons do work correctly. The other parts of GM also work correctly. I have installed GM several times with different options:
1. Installed into Program Files (x86) folder. Tested, failed, uninstalled.
2. Installed into Program Files folder. Tested, failed, uninstalled.
3. Installed into Program Files (x86) folder but used "Compact Install" option which leaves video files on CD. Tested, failed, uninstalled.

I also gave the GM EXE and QuickTime Player administrator rights during above installs. I just can't get it to work. During the install, the GM install program also upgrades QuickTime Player to v7.6.6 (1671). At eMedia's tech support suggestion, I upgraded via Apple's website to QuickTime v7.6.9 (1680.9).

When I directly double-click on the MOV video files, both on the CD and on HDD, they do play correctly in QuickTime. I can also play YouTube videos in Internet Explorer 9 and in FireFox v3.6.15 with no problems. Does anyone know how to get this program to work?

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 - 64 bit
-----with all compatibility updates
-----Internet Explorer 9 - v9.0.8112.16421, RTM (KB982861)

eMedia Guitar Method v5.0b
-----currently installed in "Program Files (x86)" folder

Intel Core i7 870 quad core (NOT O/C’d)
Asus P7P55D-E PRO Socket 1156 motherboard
-----Onboard VIA VT1828S Audio CODEC
----------Driver Package version 8.7.00.30
----------Driver version 6.0.1.8700
----------DirectX 11

Corsair 4 GB RAM (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) @1333 MHz (SPD - standard speed)
eVGA GTX460 SE 1GB 01G-P3-1366-TR w/1 monitor
PNY - nVidia Quadro NVS 450 PCIe x16 512MB w/4 monitors
=TOTAL OF 5 MONITORS

================================================
UPDATE: I installed Guitar Method v5.0b into my laptop and it works. My laptop has Windows 7-64 Home Premium. I hooked up and tested my guitar on it and everything works. I also connected an additional monitor to my laptop and GM works correctly.

I looked at the GuitarMethod.EXE properties and it's based on "Adobe Projector". Does anyone know why it is behaving this way on my desktop?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: