• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 10 can we talk?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I dont, I hit Start, and do this, hit enter...

Config.jpg

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
I dont, I hit Start, and do this, hit enter...

View attachment 96296
LOL. I just think they really need to start living things up there so stale and sterile it's like a child did it. no imagination. No artistic value at all just mind numbinglly plain. Get used to it Idiocracy lives.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I just wanna talk about the looks of windows 10.

So I really like all the new features and start menu I mean it all runs fast and sweet and has tons of new apps and goodies just one thing struck me as odd.
It looks like a five year old kid designed all the icons and menu displays in windows.
The posted screen shots say it all. No flare NO artistic quality at all, Nothing like the previous few OS's, Like they reverted to original windows. Windows 95 looked fancier.
So my question is why? Did they really think about this? It's like the quality of the OS is far better than ever yet the looks are far worse than ever.
Is it just me or did they sacrifice visual and aesthetically pleasing for speed and functionality? it's almost like they just couldn't combine the 2 yet.
Maybe it's just me but I think it could look a bit more aesthetically pleasing.
What do you think? After all the years of improvements why this?
they had to take it away to give it you back in a bit, the visual cleanliness is'nt that bad though just dull.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Ehhhh. I got kind of turned off after automatic updates did a major update and screwed up my machine twice. The first time it didn't estimate properly how much disk space the upgrade would take and it reverted the upgrade while leaving my SSD array full of crap because it ran out of space mid-upgrade. It was also in a funky state. The second time, it worked but, it screwed up so many drivers that it eventually just got to the point where is BSOD'ed every time on boot, even in safe mode. The second time made it so I couldn't actually use my computer for work on a day I wanted to work from home which was the last nail in the coffin. I honestly like Windows 10. As an OS, it works very well and I was pleased with it but, I simply won't tolerate using an OS that decides to do things that can render it inoperable without any user interaction... and even if I don't use it, I'm constantly fixing audio drivers on my wife's laptop because of updates and this isn't a problem I have with Ubuntu.

tl;dr: Windows 10 is great if you block Windows Update with the Windows firewall to prevent it from auto updating and disabling the rule when you want to update but, I shouldn't have to do that, so I use Ubuntu.

System Name future xeon II
Processor DUAL SOCKET xeon e5 2686 v3 , 36c/72t, hacked all cores @3.5ghz, TDP limit hacked
Motherboard asrock rack ep2c612 ws
Cooling case fans,liquid corsair h100iv2 x2
Memory 96 gb ddr4 2133mhz gskill+corsair
Video Card(s) 2x 1080 sc acx3 SLI, @STOCK
Storage Hp ex950 2tb nvme+ adata xpg sx8200 pro 1tb nvme+ sata ssd's+ spinners
Display(s) philips 40" bdm4065uc 4k @60
Case silverstone temjin tj07-b
Audio Device(s) sb Z
Power Supply corsair hx1200i
Mouse corsair m95 16 buttons
Keyboard microsoft internet keyboard pro
Software windows 10 x64 1903 ,enterprise
Benchmark Scores fire strike ultra- 10k time spy- 15k cpu z- 400/15000
No need to fuss- use windows update mini tool to disable auto updates. also use it to check for updates manually and decide for yourself what to install.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
It's just like the fad of websites - Facebook is widely popular and has a godawful look (to me). Yet so many sites started to try and make themselves look/feel like FB.

I used to visit a handful of gaming sites years back, but they all took on the same awful look and all went with the clickbait articles that I rarely visit them these days. My HTPC has Win 10 on it and I'm not in that computer very much, just streaming movies from it to other devices, so I don't have to use it much, but minor things with Win 10 irritate me. For example, it's no longer called "My Computer"......it's now called "This PC" - seriously? WTF?

First time I installed Win 10 and was looking for My Computer, it boggled my mind that I couldn't find it. My younger brother had used Win 10 for a bit in a couple of college courses and told me it's now "This PC". It may just be a name change, but it irks me to no end. I don't enjoy much of Win 10 for the looks, but damn, that OS is fast to boot, even on a 5400RPM HDD RAID1 build.....as long as Windows isn't trying to update.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
I used to visit a handful of gaming sites years back, but they all took on the same awful look and all went with the clickbait articles that I rarely visit them these days.

have you visited Youtube in the last day or two? if you dont like changes, your not going to be happy. for months they have been offering a "new experimental" version for members to try out (free public R&D) and after trying it for about 5 minutes, i was out of there, and back to the older version.....well, last night when i got home from friendlies, i opened YT, and Boom! that "tech preview" is now the default site(it may have just auto updated for me , i dunno if its the new default, sorry), i was so pissed, it looks and functions lie Dog$h!t.

i know they added a "dark theme" but that was already available thru my browser, and they say its a "faster framework" , but my daughter & I have noticed longer loading times over the old site.

just found this tho ;) . & it updated on its own, i never chose to retry it, so others may need to revert thru this method if they find themselves in the same situation i was in.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
have you visited Youtube in the last day or two? if you dont like changes, your not going to be happy. for months they have been offering a "new experimental" version for members to try out (free public R&D) and after trying it for about 5 minutes, i was out of there, and back to the older version.....well, last night when i got home from friendlies, i opened YT, and Boom! that "tech preview" is now the default site(it may have just auto updated for me , i dunno if its the new default, sorry), i was so pissed, it looks and functions lie Dog$h!t.

i know they added a "dark theme" but that was already available thru my browser, and they say its a "faster framework" , but my daughter & I have noticed longer loading times over the old site.

just found this tho ;) . & it updated on its own, i never chose to retry it, so others may need to revert thru this method if they find themselves in the same situation i was in.

View attachment 96312

I don't really frequent youtube....in fact, it's been a handful of weeks since I was last on it and the new layout is fugly. I tried to "Restore old YouTube", but the layout is exactly the same as the new one (unless I'm missing some minor thing). To me, I guess it won't bother me since I rarely visit the site, but I can say with fact that I don't like it. Maybe it's different for someone that actually has an account setup with youtube, but I don't so I guess I'll never know.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
This may or may not be the place for this but, is anyone having any issues with when right clicking onto the icons on the taskbar, do they find sometimes they get a menu and sometimes they do not??...

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
One of the things that drives me nuts in Windows 10... So far, Windows 7 gets my vote

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 have a unified design mentality:
1) make it low power (because tablets and laptops)
2) make it touch friendly
3) improve accessibility features for the visually and hearing impaired

All of the user interface changes serve one, or both, of those purposes. Windows 8/8.1 made the atrocious mistake of completely taking mice users for granted. Windows 10 basically merged the Windows 7 mice-centric design with the Windows 8 design that focused on the three elements above. The result is an operating system that is competent with both.

Examples:
1) Because of the minimalist UI design (especially no animations), the GPU can almost completely shut off when just displaying the static desktop conserving a lot of power.
2) The start menu, the change to settings, and the big buttons and sliders everywhere are to allow enough area for big fingers to touch without touching something accidentally.
3) Most people think Cortana during setup is annoying but, imagine if you were blind. Cortana can take you through the bulk of the set up by simply using your voice. Another example is that changing DPI actually works as expected now.

They've hidden the old Control Panel and similar legacy UI because they haven't (or reasonably can't) update it to support touch. It's still available if you need it but they're trying to move as much as they can to the touch-friendly Settings.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Windows 8/8.1 made the atrocious mistake of completely taking mice users for granted.
The atrocious mistake, pushed by the MS marketing department and backed by MS execs, was Microsoft shoving the new (totally inflexible :mad:) "Metro" UI down users throats on the arrogant assumption we would automatically love and accept it. Their scam... err... scheme ...err... plan was for everyone to fall in love with the new UI so when users went shopping for a new smart phone, they would pickup a Windows Phone and immediately be familiar with it, fall in love with it, and buy it instead of an iPhone or Android phone.

I don't think W8 took mouse users for granted. I think it dismissed and ignored mouse users and instead, wanted to push everyone to touchscreens. Why? Because the Windows Phone used touchscreens and Microsoft was failing miserably in the smartphone market.

In reality, W8 was a great OS - if you define an OS as a "secure" program designed to facilitate communications between all the hardware and software. The developers did a great job there and I am convinced they would have also made a great, very flexible and intuitive UI had the marketing weenies and execs (and their bean counters) kept their mitts out of the design process and didn't interfere with the development. :(

I am also convinced Microsoft shot itself in the foot, or rather both feet with that atrocious W8 mistake. The PC market was already declining due to more and more users moving to handheld devices for all their computing needs. Microsoft's marketing and executive misguided, bungled direction with W8 just convinced millions and millions more users (and government agencies and big corporations) to stick with W7 and not invest in new hardware technologies, and W8. This mistake just perpetuated and accelerated the decline in PC sales which continues to decline despite the rise in demand for "gaming" PCs.

How's that from someone often accused of being a Microsoft shill? :rolleyes:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Windows 10 is what Windows 8 should have been. Steve Ballmer got fired for a reason. It wasn't just Windows 10/8 though, it was abandoning PC gamers in favor of Xbox gamers, failing to make Windows Phone an open platform so it could succeed against Android, pouring so many resources into Windows 8 RT only to squander it on expensive pet products like Surface RT and Windows Phone, and the list goes on and on. Yeah, Ballmer overall grew the company but it alienated a lot of loyalists along the way.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
One thing trickson hasn't forgotten in three years is to spam the like button. :laugh::roll:
Why is it there then? :slap:
I like the LIKE button.:clap:

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Just giving you some flak since you have been gone. :p

But to answer, thanks/like is useless when its used in damn near every post. Dilutes the meaning quite a bit. I have been asking this place to add a 'like' limit for years as the people here like to beat on that button quite a bit. :)

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Just giving you some flak since you have been gone. :p

But to answer, thanks/like is useless when its used in damn near every post. Dilutes the meaning quite a bit. I have been asking this place to add a 'like' limit for years as the people here like to beat on that button quite a bit. :)
LOL I liked you again!! :lovetpu::respect::peace::clap::rockout::roll::toast:

To be honest it is unfair to have one without the other. An Un-Like button would get the same if not MORE abuse. So why not just like everyone? Tis the new age of Like minds! o_O

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
If you want to talk to Win10, talk to Cortana.
That is a much much bigger disappointment than some flare. Along with forced updates that you cannot turn off. They begged and begged people to voluntarily update their systems to Win10 then once they did they force you out of optional future updates. Can I download that Chinese version?

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Windows 10 is what Windows 8 should have been.
I agree 100%. Even 8.1 was not enough to fix it. :(

FTR, Steve Ballmer was not fired. You don't fire someone then let them stay in the same CEO position for 7 more months. When someone is fired, they are escorted out the door and all access privileges are terminated so they cannot do any damage on their way out.

The board did announce a restructuring at Microsoft and did announce that will include a new CEO "within the next year", but it was by mutual agreement he would "retire". And the board did not offer any incentive for him to stay. So clearly there was not a lot of love lost.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
CEOs of Fortune 500 companies are never "fired" in a traditional sense. They're pushed out of the plane with a golden parachute. That's off topic though.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
LOL. I just think they really need to start living things up there so stale and sterile it's like a child did it. no imagination. No artistic value at all just mind numbinglly plain. Get used to it Idiocracy lives.

So what OS does have imaginitive artistic values in its icons?

And "Idiocracy lives" is a term only used by aholes and - strangely enough - idiots.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
So what OS does have imaginitive artistic values in its icons?

And "Idiocracy lives" is a term only used by aholes and - strangely enough - idiots.
I would have to say windows 98 was a nice one then XP it was really nice looking. windows vista was windows 7 was also really nice I liked the look and feel as well.
Windows Vista by far had the most visual stimulation IMHO.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11