• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows Laptop Slows Down After Failed Attempt to Install Ubuntu

dave6543

Hi,

I have a HP laptop with an i5 processor that is running Windows 10. Not too long ago, I successfully created a partition on the disk drive for Ubuntu. I then tried to download the latest version of Ubuntu onto my laptop and delete Windows 10 from my laptop. This did not work in the end. Instead, I ended up with an error. I managed to reboot Windows 10 and I started the computer from its factory settings. After that, I looked at the Disk Management utility in Windows, and I found that the partition for Ubuntu had been removed. Therefore, the hard drive is back to its original state. Windows 10 was due an update. I have just completed the update. However, the laptop is still incredibly slow. I know for a fact that the hardware is correctly working. The problem is with the software. I no longer want to have Ubuntu Linux on my laptop. Windows 10 is the only operating system I want to use on this laptop at present. My problem is that Windows 10 is working correctly, however, the laptop is so slow that it is unusable. Please could someone give me some advice on how I could fix this problem.

Thank you

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
this makes me feel like im making a necro so no one replied so idk
Hi,

I have a HP laptop with an i5 processor that is running Windows 10. Not too long ago, I successfully created a partition on the disk drive for Ubuntu. I then tried to download the latest version of Ubuntu onto my laptop and delete Windows 10 from my laptop. This did not work in the end. Instead, I ended up with an error. I managed to reboot Windows 10 and I started the computer from its factory settings. After that, I looked at the Disk Management utility in Windows, and I found that the partition for Ubuntu had been removed. Therefore, the hard drive is back to its original state. Windows 10 was due an update. I have just completed the update. However, the laptop is still incredibly slow. I know for a fact that the hardware is correctly working. The problem is with the software. I no longer want to have Ubuntu Linux on my laptop. Windows 10 is the only operating system I want to use on this laptop at present. My problem is that Windows 10 is working correctly, however, the laptop is so slow that it is unusable. Please could someone give me some advice on how I could fix this problem.

Thank you
Are you sure its not the hardware?
Have you tried a reinstall if that did not work it is most likley hardware