1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows xp 64bit slow boot

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Nitro-Max, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Hey guys decided to stop using 32bit OS now as ive been wasting my 4gb ram on them for long enough but after putting updates in for xp x64 seems to boot up well slow ive cleaned defraged the lot microsoft bootvis doesnt work so do i have any other options or is this normal on a 64bit OS?

cheers Nitro.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    In my case XP 32 or 64bit booted faster with my old ABit mobo than it does with the ASUS Max mobo.

Same deal with Vista 32\64bit too. I believe it's mobo related as i've seen it happen back when P3 were out but that was against a AMD chip.

Nitro-Max says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. thraxed Guest

It really depends on what drivers you need loaded to effect boot times. In 64 for gaming, you can disable a lot of services that tend to bog the system down. You might wanna try yamiscoft xp manager for tweaking the os, I wouldn't use the reg cleaner from it though, not quite tweaked for xp 64, just stick with ccleaner, from my experience it didn't destroy the os, as most reg cleaner seem to do with xp 64. The difference between xp32 and xp64 is huge for stability and gaming.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. fishnchips

fishnchips

Thanks Received:
    as a user of 3 os's on one hdd vista and xp64 start up fast, mind you i have crap on xp32 thoe :)