• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows XP "Tweaks" -myths ; take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alec§taar

Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
Processor DualCore AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (o/c 2801mhz STABLE (Ketxxx, POGE, Tatty One, ME))
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (PCIe x16, x4, x1)
Cooling PhaseChange Coolermaster CM754/939 (fan/heatsink), Thermalright heatspreaders + fan built on (RAM)
Memory 512mb PC-3200 DDR400 (set DDR-33 for o/c) by Corsair (matched pair, 2x256mb) 200.1/200mhz
Video Card(s) BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC 512mb GDDR3 ram (o/c manually to 686 core/865 memory) - PhaseChange cooled
Storage Dual "Raptor X" 16mb 10krpm/RAID 0 Promise EX8350 x4 PCIe 128mb & Intel IO chip/CENATEK RocketDrive
Display(s) SONY 19" Trinitron MultiScan 400ps 1600x1200 75hz refresh 32-bit color
Case Antec Super-LanBoy (aluminum baby-tower w/ lower front & upper rear cooling exhaust fans)
Audio Device(s) RealTek AC97 onboard mobo stereo sound (Altec Lansing ACS-45 speakers - 10 yrs. still running!)
Power Supply Antec 500w ATX 2.0 "SmartPower" powersupply
Software Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully patched, & massively tuned/tweaked to-the-max (plus latest drivers)
LOL! I've got an idea: JUST DO WHAT "MASTERTECH" did TESTING

You mean where the works are cited and sourced and only an excert is cited? That is integrity and legal. Copyright violations are not.

Rewrite HIS words, just like he did others, & repost it on edit... after all - that's all this charlatan did. He never denies it, not once... & he certainly is NOT part of the Ms OS design teams either who DID create those parameterizable settings in the registry. They're the ONLY folks that CAN lay 'absolute claim' to any material about them, period.

:)

* Don't like that, "MasterTech"? LOL, well, like YOU said to me above? Hey - "I don't care"

(Heck, I would - I am FLAT-OUT calling you a user of others findings & ideas, & then putting a copyright on them. That's intellectual property theft... isn't there laws on that too?)

Leave the kid alone...

TESTING - either credit this crybaby charlatan, or just rewrite HIS words, as he did the words & findings of others. Easy-out...

There is, of course, the "hard out" - let him take you to court, I'll point out what I have here above (his misinformation & 'stale info.' which is incorrect on points, & I can get more from his site too) & rip he + his attorneys & their 'expert witnesses' in 1/2... for kicks, gratis!

(& also because this presumptuous charlatan called me a 'genius' in sarcasm @ CNET/ZDNet in years past. Tore him up there too for it. Trust me: I'd Be GLAD to do it once more, for NOTHING, in a court of law as an 'expert witness' because I've torn guys to shreds in this field FAR IN ADVANCE of this idea stealing charlatan.)

Then countersue like hell, for his threats, & any mental anguish he made have given you. Get his ALLEGED copyright pulled too, because the ideas/concepts? ARE NOT HIS, period.

He never once denies that.

APK

P.S.=> "Not a fundamental original thought in the lot" - John Forbes Nash...

That quote's about the website "XP Myths"... the ONLY myth is that this guy MasterTech came up w/ its intellectual content/ideas, himself... lol! apk

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
What if the post was made by a minor? Is it plaigerization then?

Namslas90

I didn't steal any information. I cited SOME information that is FULLY sourced. My page however includes a majority of my own words. This is legal and falls under my copyright when included in the context of the page as a whole. Any citation individually is the direct copyright of the original author, which is why it must be cited and sourced. This however was pure plagiarization. I spend alot of time creating my pages and don't appreciate the material being stolen. The author of this initial post could have simply linked to my site.

So EVERYTHING on your site that was copied from others IS properly cited and sourced!!
Therefore the only words you copyrighted, are the "and's,but's,the's,a's,to's ETC. Now thats intresting!! I suppose you are also claiming copyright to the format, suplied to you by the writer of the OS you used to type it!!

Mastertech

Only a few are directly cited. The majority including much of what was plagiarized is my own words not rewritten words. I am claiming copyright to my work, which is the page I created = http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPMyths.html.

AlecStaar is beyond ridiculous. The poster here did not simply post registry keys he plagiarized my whole site. Do you deny this? I have never before met anyone more dishonest and lacking an ounce of credibility such as yourself. You take personal disagreements to justify illegal activity when you know damn well he plagiarized my site without permission and implied authorship. And NO PERMISSION WILL EVER BE GIVEN.

Alec§taar

Processor DualCore AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (o/c 2801mhz STABLE (Ketxxx, POGE, Tatty One, ME))
Cooling PhaseChange Coolermaster CM754/939 (fan/heatsink), Thermalright heatspreaders + fan built on (RAM)
Memory 512mb PC-3200 DDR400 (set DDR-33 for o/c) by Corsair (matched pair, 2x256mb) 200.1/200mhz
Video Card(s) BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC 512mb GDDR3 ram (o/c manually to 686 core/865 memory) - PhaseChange cooled
Storage Dual "Raptor X" 16mb 10krpm/RAID 0 Promise EX8350 x4 PCIe 128mb & Intel IO chip/CENATEK RocketDrive
Display(s) SONY 19" Trinitron MultiScan 400ps 1600x1200 75hz refresh 32-bit color
Case Antec Super-LanBoy (aluminum baby-tower w/ lower front & upper rear cooling exhaust fans)
Audio Device(s) RealTek AC97 onboard mobo stereo sound (Altec Lansing ACS-45 speakers - 10 yrs. still running!)
Software Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully patched, & massively tuned/tweaked to-the-max (plus latest drivers)
Since AlexStaar is not a copyright attorney and doesn't understand that you don't need witnesses to win a civil copright suit, only simply evidence that the violation was committed.

NO, I am not... but, I do have enough Business Law, from an accredited & pretty highly acclaimed Jesuit institution under my belt to understand a few things about it & certainly enough about THIS field (comp. sci.) to make other statements like this one - you STOLE others words, & claim them as your "own unique discoveries" & I am FLAT OUT calling you a b.s. artist & intellectual property thief... point blank!

Plus, didn't TESTING (the post starter) state this, verbatim?

==================================================

"This is a large excerpt from a different set of documents, that has been reformatted and cosmetically modified to better address the direct issue it combats, as well as meet more forum friendly needs.

The author and his sources have been unnamed, because he doesn't deserve flame/spam mail. If you would like to know more about this gentleman, or how to contact him, you can PM me and I will gladly direct you his way."

==================================================

Yea, MasterTech - you go for it man, you go for it... Like I said:

I'll volunteer, as an expert witness, & I do qualify on this account, in THIS field (computers), to have your "copyright" rescinded on the grounds it is intellectual theft.

Stating something in my own words makes it MY WORK and thus falls under MY COPYRIGHT. When you plagiarize this you VIOLATE MY COPYRIGHT. This is illegal and grounds for a civil suit.

LOL... you plagiarized others, big time... you NEVER deny this either strangely, everytime I said it to you here in this thread.

APK

P.S.=> TESTING Rewrite his words enough to make them "your own", just as 'Mastertech' here did from the findings & thoughts of others... beat this charlatan, @ his OWN game, USING HIS OWN "dubious methods", it would serve him right! apk

Namslas90

Only a few are directly cited. The majority including much of what was plagiarized is my own words. I am claiming copyright to my work, which is the page I created = http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPMyths.html.

AlecStaar is beyond ridiculous. The poster here did not simply post registry keys he plagiarized my whole site. Do you deny this? I have never before met anyone more dishonest and lacking an ounce of credibility such as yourself. You take personal disagreements to justify illegal activity when you know damn well he plagiarized my site without permission. And NO PERMISSION WILL EVER BE GIVEN.

AlecStaar, is just tired of others taking credit for his and others peoples work!! He's also tired of, people like you. For that matter so AM I, Someday somebody is going to charge your child with plagiarizism, or something just as silly, Hope you remember this!! Karma is a wonderfull thing, because eventually it comes back to you, and It usually HURTS. Good luck, and don't expect any of us here to ever again visit or reccomend anyone else ever visits your site. 20K members have 60K family, 100K freinds, and they know a lot of people that could have brought you something good. Instead of jumping you could have just mentioned it and got a better reaction. We are responsible people here at TPU, but, some of us are young and still learning. Even if you win this batle you lost a lot of visitors and that will cost you a lot of money, OPPORTUNITY LOST...SORRY for you!!

Last edited:

Alec§taar

Only a few are directly cited. The majority including much of what was plagiarized is my own words not rewritten words. I am claiming copyright to my work, which is the page I created = http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPMyths.html.

Read the above - plus, the boy can do, JUST WHAT YOU DID: Rip off the ideas & findings of others, & write them in HIS OWN WORDS!

Heck, he was nice enough to NOT credit you, because your site has a LOT of misleading info. or stale &/or incomplete info. (See last page on ramdisks buddy).

AlecStaar is beyond ridiculous.

Funny, it seems everyone here thinks YOU are pal.

The poster here did not simply post registry keys he plagiarized my whole site. Do you deny this? I have never before met anyone more dishonest and lacking an ounce of credibility such as yourself. You take personal disagreements to justify illegal activity when you know damn well he plagiarized my site without permission and implied authorship. And NO PERMISSION WILL EVER BE GIVEN.

You plagiarized & stole every idea on it... see John Forbes Nash quote above. It's about you, & folks LIKE you, to a tee.

APK

P.S.=> PERMISSION? Did the words of others YOU quote, give you EXPLICIT, WRITTEN PERMISSION to cite them, I wonder? I know 1 thing, for sure, which you NEVER denied here once:

The content which YOU say is quoted from your site?

Those are NOT your findings, not your ideas, & it is simply rehashing/restating the findings of others & has many MISLEADING inaccuracies as well, I cite a couple last page in fact...

Yea - some 'discovery'. IMO?? Not very 'copyright'able' @ all... in fact, it's probably grounds to remove your copyright!

It's NOT your info. in its content, far from it... apk

Last edited:

Mastertech

AlecStaar you are absolutely insane. I never plagiarized anyone. I cited a few people all of which is sourced. This is legal. That is how it works. Plagiarism is fully copying the context of someone's work without citation or sourcing. I never claimed anything cited as my own unique idea. That is like saying anyone who writes a book on an established subject is an intellectual property thief. You would be laughed out of court. My work (which is unique BTW) in this case is called XP Myths. Forget the fact that Windows XP Myths is hardly an established subject, the work as a whole is my own. That is the way it works. Just because I legally cite and source a few people does not change the status of my copyright nor does it change the illegality of plagiarizing it.

Testing cannot make a blanket statement and fail to cite and source the works he uses. He also simply plagiarized my whole page not multiple works. AlecStaar there is a reason you are the only one who keeps arguing this which is an apparent personality disorder and some animonisty you have towards me. Anyone else with half a brain can clearly see he plagiarized the whole site.

Your nonsense about being a witness to something that does not require any witnesses only makes your statements even more ridiculous forget the fact that my copyright would not be in question if I file the civil suit.

For the record I deny anything AlexcStaar has alleged and any future ridiculous claims he makes.

Mastertech

AlecStaar, is just tired of others taking credit for his and others peoples work!! He's also tired of, people like you. For that matter so AM I, Someday somebody is going to charge your child with plagiarizism, or something just as silly, Hope you remember this!! Karma is a wonderfull thing, because eventually it comes back to you, and It usually HURTS. Good luck, and don't expect any of us here to ever again visit or reccomend anyone else ever visits your site. 20K members have 60K family, 100K freinds, and they know a lot of people that could have brought you something good. Instead of jumping you could have just mentioned it and got a better reaction. We are responsible people here at TPU, but, some of us are young and still learning. Even if you win this batle you lost a lot of visitors and that will cost you a lot of money, OPPORTUNITY LOST...SORRY for you!!
A word of advice, I would find someone else to idiolize other than AlecStaar. Since you are tired of people taking credit for others work than you should understand how I feel having my work plagiarized. Nothing ever cited was claimed as my own. All the source links are CLEARLY visible. If someone ever charges my son with plagiarism I will have the honesty and integrity to remove the copywritten work without argument. I did not come here asking for people to visit my sites, I came here to defend my legal copyright. What you choose to recommend is your business, I am not asking for any recommendations. How responsible you are is shown by how you have responded.

Alec§taar

AlecStaar you are absolutely insane.

Am I? First off, on this note: ONCE MORE - Are you a PhD or Psychologist?? If so... well, you could be right... but tell us - are you?

"I rest my case" on that note YOUR HONOR (mastertech).

(& again, by the way: What EXACTLY makes you a "master tech" in this field anyhow? Where's your MASTERS DEGREE in Comp. Sci. MASTER-TECH??)

I never plagiarized anyone. I cited a few people all of which is sourced. This is legal. That is how it works. Plagiarism is fully copying the context of someone's work without citation or sourcing.

LOL, so... if the boy wrote what he did, trying to save you some 'shame' which I am OUTRIGHT piling on you, & you have it coming from ME, & YOU KNOW WHY, lol...

ALSO, of course, Testing COULD easily just do what you did:

Rehash the findings of others, & what he cites is NOT your info. period, & I wonder if it's even that of those you cite? Because, if it is?? It's misleading & inaccurate + stale (again - ramdisks & pagefiles).

I never claimed anything cited as my own unique idea.

Yea, I know, which is WHY I throw it in your face... you're a thief of others ideas, period.

(John Forbes Nash must have been talking about you in the quote I used of his above.)

That is like saying anyone who writes a book on an established subject is an intellectual property thief. You would be laughed out of court.

Ah, would I be... try it - like I said above - you are a charlatan... know what folks in this field who are pros think of guys like you "MasterTech"? I am one, you know now, if you did not before.

So sue me for stating the truth.

My work (which is unique BTW) in this case is called XP Myths. Forget the fact that Windows XP Myths is hardly an established subject, the work as a whole is my own. That is the way it works. Just because I legally cite and source a few people does not change the status of my copyright nor does it change the illegality of plagiarizing it.

I was hoping you'd say that!

All this boy has to do, is what YOU yourself did: Either credit you (for what, I have NO idea - nothing on that page is YOURS, or discovered BY you, & you certainly were not a member of the MS OS design teams for either the 9x or NT series of OS they have)

OR

Just rewrite your words, as you did to others (whom I wonder did they give you permissions to use them on YOUR site, in explicitly written documents as proof thereof)... because the concepts ARE NOT YOURS, period.

DO YOU PAY THOSE YOU CITE ROYALTIES OFF THE PROFITS FROM YOUR PAGE (if any)? Maybe, they'd like to know how much YOU make off their words... & did they give you PERMISSION TO DO SO, in writing?

Testing cannot make a blanket statement and fail to cite and source the works he uses. He also simply plagiarized my whole page not multiple works.

LOL, that page of yours, again:

Did you come up w/ the intellectual content, the ideas portrayed? I know not - heck, you didn't even REALIZE that parts of it are NOT right (ramdisks & pagefiles, in ALL possible cases/scenarios)!

Last page, I point out cases/scenarios, as a few examples (I can find more from your site) where you illustrate you don't have a thorough understanding of this field, enough to realize you do not have it right on many points, and mislead others w/ inaccuracies & incomplete information.

Makes sense - you did not come up w/ the ideas. They are NOT yours.

AlecStaar there is a reason you are the only one who keeps arguing this which is an apparent personality disorder and some animonisty you have towards me. Anyone else with half a brain can clearly see he plagiarized the whole site.

Yea, ok... care to show us your Phd in psychiatry, &/or psychology then?

AH, don't have those do you, like you have NO CLUE, or standing, in this field...or degrees in it either.

Yup, you're an expert alright (NOT). All you did was rip off the ideas of others & attempt to profit by it... again, do you pay them a cut? DID THEY AUTHORIZE YOU TO MAKE MONIES FROM THEIR FINDINGS??

Your nonsense about being a witness to something that does not require any witnesses only makes your statements even more ridiculous forget the fact that my copyright would not be in question if I file the civil suit.

LOL, hey - tell me another one, ok?

For the record I deny anything AlexcStaar has alleged and any future ridiculous claims he makes.

OMG... deny all you like? Folks here KNOW better.

APK

P.S.=> TESTING - like I said above? Either credit this fool (though you tried to save him some shame here, but like somebody said about "karma" above? This fool outright tried to confront me years ago on CNET/ZDNet, calling me "genius" sarcastically, & I tore him up there quickly, he's WEAK in this field & merely COPIES the ideas of others) OR just rewrite his words... he does it others, & claims 'the work' (ideas) as his own... what a JOKE! apk

Last edited:

Namslas90

A word of advice, I would find someone else to idiolize other than AlecStaar. Since you are tired of people taking credit for others work than you should understand how I feel having my work plagiarized. Nothing ever cited was claimed as my own. All the source links are CLEARLY visible. If someone ever charges my son with plagiarism I will have the honesty and integrity to remove the copywritten work without argument. I did not come here asking for people to visit my sites, I came here to defend my legal copyright. What you choose to recommend is your business, I am not asking for any recommendations. How responsible you are is shown by how you have responded.

Succesful people don't ASK for recomendations, they just get them!!
Desperate people threaten before thinking!!
Don't lecture me about responsibility, in fact don't lecture me at all. We know how you make your money, you take it from children who make mistakes! WOW my new idol, i don't think so. BTW I don't have an idol, and i don't idolize anyone. I just like a good arguement!! AlecStar argues with the best, and wins; I don't, but I learn a lot and have a lot of fun. Maybe you should stop picking on kids and try to have some fun.

Alec§taar

A word of advice, I would find someone else to idiolize other than AlecStaar.

Nobody here "idolizes" me, I wouldn't permit it anyhow - I often tell them, I am NOT that good imo first of all, & they will know as much as I do if they do not already, or will.

Why do I say that? Because some of these guys know more than I do, in certain areas of this field: NOBODY KNOWS IT ALL, too big.

Since you are tired of people taking credit for others work than you should understand how I feel having my work plagiarized. Nothing ever cited was claimed as my own.

Yup... & did those you cite give you EXPLICIT WRITTEN PERMISSION TO PROFIT BY THEIR WORDS via your website & pagehits? I wonder...

Ever think, that MAYBE, they'd want their cut due, for YOU using their ideas? Maybe I ought to contact a few of them & ask...

All the source links are CLEARLY visible. If someone ever charges my son with plagiarism I will have the honesty and integrity to remove the copywritten work without argument. I did not come here asking for people to visit my sites, I came here to defend my legal copyright. What you choose to recommend is your business, I am not asking for any recommendations. How responsible you are is shown by how you have responded.

Legal copyright, lol... alleged first of all, & second of all? I will offer anything I can, just to get you blown out in court to this kid for your threats...

MAN, you just do NOT "get it", do you? Everyone KNOWS you ripped off the ideas & findings of others, period.

That's a joke man... a serious joke, & you even ADMIT to it.

APK

P.S.=> Also, before you go & call others insane etc.? You had BEST be a PhD in a field that allows you to do so... calling me that here, w/ out such expertise &/or certification?? Risky ground... it's called LIBEL!

Don't make legal threats buddy... you've already done enough for me to come after YOU pal... apk

Mastertech

LOL, so... if the boy wrote what he did, trying to save you some 'shame' which I am OUTRIGHT piling on you, & you have it coming from ME, & YOU KNOW WHY, lol...
Yes you stating you are piling on shame makes it so.

Yea, I know, which is WHY I throw it in your face... you're a thief of others ideas, period.
Stating this repetitively does not make it any less true. So tell me who's idea did I steal to come up with the idea for my page? And how do I respectfully debunk something without a reputable source? What is gods name are you talking about?

Ah, would I be... try it - like I said above - you are a charlatan... know what folks in this field who are pros think of guys like you "MasterTech"? I am one, you know now, if you did not before.
No I work for a living instead of going around trying to prove to everyone you are a "Pro". The only person you are a "Pro" to are the kids you fool in these forums. AlexStaar name ONE reputable person in the computer field that respects you.

This fool outright tried to confront me years ago on CNET/ZDNet, calling me "genius" sarcastically, & I tore him up there quickly, he's WEAK in this field & merely COPIES the ideas of others) OR just rewrite his words... he does it others, & claims 'the work' (ideas) as his own... what a JOKE! apk
Actually I never saw your "response" nor do I even recall the conversation. Simply because I don't feel you are important enough to check up on or waste time worrying about. The only person you are important to is yourself which is why you get so hyper with these things. You can't even stay on subject and let your personality disorder get the better of you. You don't even have the integrity to do the right thing here. Instead you baselessly attack me and fabricate allegations because you think you invented everything and get no credit.

Mastertech

Succesful people don't ASK for recomendations, they just get them!!
Desperate people threaten before thinking!!
Don't lecture me about responsibility, in fact don't lecture me at all. We know how you make your money, you take it from children who make mistakes! WOW my new idol, i don't think so. BTW I don't have an idol, and i don't idolize anyone. I just like a good arguement!! AlecStar argues with the best, and wins; I don't, but I learn a lot and have a lot of fun. Maybe you should stop picking on kids and try to have some fun.
You are correct which is why I get plenty of recommendations. Defending a copyright is not desperation but responsibility. I have never taken money from any child. If the author is a child someone could have stated this and I would have understood, that does not mean I would not want it removed. This is the responsibility of the forum members here. Don't take AlexStaar talking forever as a "win". Many simply have better things to do then talk to the wall.

Testing

I have floated in and out of this forum community for some time now, but I haven't been properly introduced to whoever Mastertech is; however I can tell you, he is not the author or the page designer for the original site's tech blog. So, Alec, it looks like he's just toying with us for fun. With that said, I also have not seen much of this false claim and credit issue in other threads, whether they have content related to this one or not. I didn't think the thread would turn into this... disagreements, yes, discussion,yes, flame war between Linux and Windows users, possibly... but not this.

I wonder if 'defending' myself or this thread is in some way dignifying Mastertech's absurdities?

For the sake of doing what's right though, I will.

Mastertech, for whatever reason, wants to 'take the piss' concerning this thread. Fine, and because the moderators haven't bothered to nip this in the bud, maybe I can help do so.

If you notice the time stamps, "Mastertech" replied, claiming his 'copyright' only two hours after the thread was created. I would think that seems a bit suspicious(also given it's his first post). The oddity factor here is large, because not only would the original author have to be a member or browser of techPowerUp!, he would also have had to had his IP spoofed-to-match by Mastertech.

As I stated, this information has been taken from other documents, papers that aren't identical to what you see on the page linked by Mastertech. They contain a few minor differences, but mostly cosmetical and punctuation.

Without sounding like a complainer, I do find it a bit annoying when someone cites or sources or presents information in a forum thread, but has basically done a copy and paste without concern for how it ends up being displayed per the boards html features.

These documents needed to be modified(not changed) to as I stated previously, meet
more forum friendly needs. Their original format would not allow for a simple copy and paste.

I had to:

Adjust sentence and paragraph lengths
Reissue bold, italics and font size changes
Switch out some punctuation instances, to reduce comment confusion
Reorder some of the individual points/topics so they would mesh more with the post's direction, as well as remove some points/topics under the same premise

These things were done, in order to give the thread and it's content better presentation, and more importantly to be more coherent, than the original crude, or web entry.

Presentation can be half the battle in some cases.

OS/Shell tweaking/sliming is to software, what overclocking is to hardware. I know that XP tweak guides and programs are a dime a dozen, but 'myth' or anti-tweak guides/programs are not. The people who go looking for XP tweaks are doing just that, they are not looking for the opposite. Because there are so many readily available sites with this information, the odds of one stumbling across content that argues against or discredits said XP tweaks, is slim. Made even more slim, by the probability that the user has most likely never even considered them to be myths. As mentioned before, most people give Microsoft the finger, and want to 'clean' their system to rid it of it's Bill Gates filthy residue as soon as possible.

That is why I took the time out to modify this as I have done. In accordance to keep with the main goal, which is to combat the XP tweak guides, it needed to be re-ordered and refocused so that it was presented in a coherent manner that got to the point and didn't stray at anytime. I threw in the extra effort to make it forum friendly, and to keep even the less computer savy reader interested, because unfortunatley even low computer knowledge users out there, have fallen victim to 'slimming' down their systems without ever knowing what they are actually changing.

This is something I wished was made available to me, when I was trying to learn ways to modify NT and XP. I am one of those people that likes to know why things work, I am not content with the fact that it 'just does.' A computer is not a force of nature or something super natural. It's made by men, and therefor there's no reason we cannot learn it's 'ins and outs.' These days, I know all of the things this author has written. That doesn't mean however, that I should write my own guide, because he I believe, understands the reasons for and against more signifigantly, and therefor is a better source to trust than myself.

I am proud to represent his work, and will continue to share this with people whenver I can, in hopes that they will come to better understand post NT 4 OS as it will greatly benefit their usage of Vista as it rolls around to being more widespread during this coming year.

Alec§taar

Yes you stating you are piling on shame makes it so.

Well, look @ your reaction: Seems nothing hurts, like the truth, eh?

Truth is - you're NOT by any means, a 'mastertech' @ all, you know it, I know it, everyone here reading so far seems to know it. You show me a degree in comp. sci. or closely related field? I'll take my words back & apologize.

Stating this repetitively does not make it any less true. So tell me who's idea did I steal to come up with the idea for my page? And how do I respectfully debunk something without a reputable source? What is gods name are you talking about?

You don't read others words do you? Read the first post I did on the last page, especially the part about pagefile.sys placement on a RAMDISK, ok??

Get a degree in this field, OR one related closely to it, @ least LOOK respectable.

(& I would NOT advise calling me insane, etc. here... IT'S CALLED LIBEL, pal!)

No I work for a living instead of going around trying to prove to everyone you are a "Pro". The only person you are a "Pro" to are the kids you fool in these forums. AlexStaar name ONE reputable person in the computer field that respects you.

Tell you what - I'll let others be the judge of that.

AND, if you would like? I had enough respect to be placed into magazines/books, etc., in this field when you were probably in diapers... would you like the EXACT publications, magazines, books, & more??

I have them right here, I will give you exact pages, features, & more... I also have done commercial work for a company that is part of commercial products... would you like to know which one?

Actually I never saw your "response" nor do I even recall the conversation.

LOL, of course you don't... how many "MasterTech's" are there online? I suppose there are others possibly, but somehow, I just do NOT think so!

imply because I don't feel you are important enough to check up on or waste time worrying about.

LOL... ok, whatever, see - I keep forgetting, YOU ARE THE "MASTERTECH"... Sorry for not bowing to you, ok?

The only person you are important to is yourself which is why you get so hyper with these things. You can't even stay on subject and let your personality disorder get the better of you. You don't even have the integrity to do the right thing here. Instead you baselessly attack me and fabricate allegations because you think you invented everything and get no credit.

Seems you are giving me one HELL of a reaction... why is that?

LOL... truth - nothing hits home like it!

APK

P.S. => The ONLY thing I am "hyper" about (actually I'm not, I am just laffing @ YOU), is that you come in here, giving a kid crap, who actually tried to protect you, from inaccuracies you put on your page that are misleading & incomplete (again, read last page on pagefile placement on ramdisk from me, ok?)... ideas that, above all else, are NOT yours.

I wonder, again: DID YOU GET EXPLICIT WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THOSE YOU CITE TO PROFIT BY THEIR WORDS & IDEAS/FINDINGS YOU PUT ON YOUR WEBSITE?

And, you HAVE 'libelled' me calling me insane, w/ NO expertise in Psychiatry or Psychology etc., are you the one who's nuts? I have to ask - it's YOU playing w/ the law my boy, writing things like that about me...

BY THE WAY, TESTING - hell of a reply: He "assumes" you cite him, directly... how does he know you didn't cite those HE cited? What an arrogant presumptuous fool he is, imo @ least...

AND, He says "I think I invented everything"? I think, based on YOUR excellent reply?? It's QUITE the reverse... lol! apk

Last edited:

Mastertech

Yup... & did those you cite give you EXPLICIT WRITTEN PERMISSION TO PROFIT BY THEIR WORDS via your website & pagehits? I wonder...
As long as it is properly cited and sourced they do not care.

Ever think, that MAYBE, they'd want their cut due, for YOU using their ideas? Maybe I ought to contact a few of them & ask...
No they actually want to be properly cited and sourced. Like anyone would.

Legal copyright, lol... alleged first of all, & second of all? I will offer anything I can, just to get you blown out in court to this kid for your threats...
Yes LEGAL copyright, something you apparently know nothing about.

MAN, you just do NOT "get it", do you? Everyone KNOWS you ripped off the ideas & findings of others, period.
NO I don't get where I ripped off the idea of the XP Myths page, let alone the "idea" to debunk the specific Myths. You can't "rip off" a finding if you CITE AND SOURCE IT! Do you not understand this?

Don't make legal threats buddy... you've already done enough for me to come after YOU pal... apk
Works both ways "PAL"

Namslas90

I have floated in and out of this forum community for some time now, but I haven't been properly introduced to whoever Mastertech is; however I can tell you, he is not the author or the page designer for the original site's tech blog. So, Alec, it looks like he's just toying with us for fun. With that said, I also have not seen much of this false claim and credit issue in other threads, whether they have content related to this one or not. I didn't think the thread would turn into this... disagreements, yes, discussion,yes, flame war between Linux and Windows users, possibly... but not this.

I wonder if 'defending' myself or this thread is in some way dignifying Mastertech's absurdities?

For the sake of doing what's right though, I will.

Mastertech, for whatever reason, wants to 'take the piss' concerning this thread. Fine, and because the moderators haven't bothered to nip this in the bud, maybe I can help do so.

If you notice the time stamps, "Mastertech" replied, claiming his 'copyright' only two hours after the thread was created. I would think that seems a bit suspicious(also given it's his first post). The oddity factor here is large, because not only would the original author have to be a member or browser of techPowerUp!, he would also have had to had his IP spoofed-to-match by Mastertech.

As I stated, this information has been taken from other documents, papers that aren't identical to what you see on the page linked by Mastertech. They contain a few minor differences, but mostly cosmetical and punctuation.

Without sounding like a complainer, I do find it a bit annoying when someone cites or sources or presents information in a forum thread, but has basically done a copy and paste without concern for how it ends up being displayed per the boards html features.

These documents needed to be modified(not changed) to as I stated previously, meet
more forum friendly needs. Their original format would not allow for a simple copy and paste.

I had to:

Adjust sentence and paragraph lengths
Reissue bold, italics and font size changes
Switch out some punctuation instances, to reduce comment confusion
Reorder some of the individual points/topics so they would mesh more with the post's direction, as well as remove some points/topics under the same premise

These things were done, in order to give the thread and it's content better presentation, and more importantly to be more coherent, than the original crude, or web entry.

Presentation can be half the battle in some cases.

OS/Shell tweaking/sliming is to software, what overclocking is to hardware. I know that XP tweak guides and programs are a dime a dozen, but 'myth' or anti-tweak guides/programs are not. The people who go looking for XP tweaks are doing just that, they are not looking for the opposite. Because there are so many readily available sites with this information, the odds of one stumbling across content that argues against or discredits said XP tweaks, is slim. Made even more slim, by the probability that the user has most likely never even considered them to be myths. As mentioned before, most people give Microsoft the finger, and want to 'clean' their system to rid it of it's Bill Gates filthy residue as soon as possible.

That is why I took the time out to modify this as I have done. In accordance to keep with the main goal, which is to combat the XP tweak guides, it needed to be re-ordered and refocused so that it was presented in a coherent manner that got to the point and didn't stray at anytime. I threw in the extra effort to make it forum friendly, and to keep even the less computer savy reader interested, because unfortunatley even low computer knowledge users out there, have fallen victim to 'slimming' down their systems without ever knowing what they are actually changing.

This is something I wished was made available to me, when I was trying to learn ways to modify NT and XP. I am one of those people that likes to know why things work, I am not content with the fact that it 'just does.' A computer is not a force of nature or something super natural. It's made by men, and therefor there's no reason we cannot learn it's 'ins and outs.' These days, I know all of the things this author has written. That doesn't mean however, that I should write my own guide, because he I believe, understands the reasons for and against more signifigantly, and therefor is a better source to trust than myself.

I am proud to represent his work, and will continue to share this with people whenver I can, in hopes that they will come to better understand post NT 4 OS as it will greatly benefit their usage of Vista as it rolls around to being more widespread during this coming year.

WOW!!
I thought I mentioned "threaten before thinking", guess I had it wrong!! I should have said 'reading before overeacting'. LOL this was fun but now I'm gone, I work for a living, six days a week; and because of it I'll retire at 60, and never have to work agian. Then I'll have more time for more arguments like this one!!:toast:

Alec§taar

As long as it is properly cited and sourced they do not care.

Tell you what - let's find out, ok? Someone here ought to contact a few & see. I know one thing: Were you taking MY ideas & profiting by them, w/ out asking?? I'd want MY cut...

No they actually want to be properly cited and sourced. Like anyone would.

Sure, that's in term papers & such... how about publication for profit? Are you making monies from your website (answer that)... it's all I'd, or anybody doing what I said above, would need to approach those you profit by, using THEIR words/findings/intellectual content.

Yes LEGAL copyright, something you apparently know nothing about.

Well, I'd put myself on par in legal knowledge (the province of ambulance chasers, lol), about on par w/ YOUR know-how in computer science... how's that?

By the way - do you want the list of publications & such I was featured in in this field, years before you even HAD your website??

After all, you asked who 'respected me' in this field... in addition to libelling me calling me insane etc. & worse, w/ NO degree or certification as someone qualified to do so

You come @ this kid, & I ought to come @ YOU, for libel.

NO I don't get where I ripped off the idea of the XP Myths page, let alone the "idea" to debunk the specific Myths. You can't "rip off" a finding if you CITE AND SOURCE IT! Do you not understand this?

Don't you understand your reaction is only a clue to one thing: The truth hurts you. I am not lying, as a pro in this field, calling you a charlatan who uses the words/findings/ideas of others for his OWN profit... & I would like to see your degree in this field, or one CLOSELY related to it that uses it that would make me admit you are, TRULY, the "mastertech".

I'll see that, when I see your Phd in Psychology or Psychiatry, for calling me insane, etc. (what is insane, is that for 'such a great legal mind as yours' you are committing libel, outright libel to me, w/ NO grounds to do so!)

Works both ways "PAL"

Bring it on, "Master"... lol, bring it on.

APK

Mastertech

I don't care

That content is directly Plagiarized off my site. I know because I wrote it. If you link to the tech blog I will get to the bottom of that too. So remove my content immediately.

NO you would simply have to know how to use Google Blog Search.

I don't care what you did, you plagiarized my work. Do you know why after each Myth it states: Neutral ect.. because that is the alt tag of my icons! example: alt="Neutral".

Where are all the source links? Ripped by either you or the blog author who also plagiarized my work. Go check each Myth on my page and then the source link.

Mastertech

Disbelief

Who wants to see the complete revision history of the page from 2005? If the administrator does not respond in 24 hours I will proceed if the other author who also plagiarized my work in an apparent blog post.

Alec§taar

TESTING - don't supply ANYTHING he asks for, until you have to...

* He likes making legal threats to you, a KID, from what I understand? Well, for such a 'great legal mind'??

He ABSOLUTELY HAS committed libel here, by calling me insane, etc. w/ NO professional or degreed certifications to do so

(& worse & making claims about 'respect' & I will offer him proof thereof regarding myself, MANY sources (books, mags, etc. as well as being part of 2 commercially sold efforts, 1 still is in existence & doing WELL no less))

Funny... he suddenly won't 'harp' on me for that anymore.

* YES - I want to see his PhD in Psychiatry OR Psychology first, because he called me insane & such, libelling me.

APK

P.S.=> MasterTech... you said also, & this bugged me some "that I think I invented everything" well... where did I say that, once, ever, online?? I want proof... quit libelling myself or others, friendly advice, IF you know what's good for you... apk

Last edited:

Testing

Son, you don't fool us, you immediatley did a Google on "Windows XP tweak myth" or similar.
It took you all of what two minutes?

You mention that the "blog author" is a culprit here too, funny enough the blog author is supposed to be YOU, or so you've tried to influence us to believe so. That site IS the blog.

Now, let's assume for just a moment you are this gentleman.

Let us ask you, why did you write this article and present this information?
It most assuredly cannot be for monetary gain, as the site you put it on, does not require payments, membership or is listed as 'private. This leads us to believe you did it, purely to provide people with knowledge. Just from the way it is written, the intent is clear, it's to be persuasive.

In being such the case, why would you be against having your persuasive notes put forth for a wider audience to enjoy? The words have not been changed, the points remain, and they are now presented in a more compact and legible manner ultimatley helping to focus the very same point(s) you were out to address in the first place.

If it was not for Alec actually having a go at you, your words would fall on deaf ears.

Mastertech

AND, if you would like? I had enough respect to be placed into magazines/books, etc., in this field when you were probably in diapers... would you like the EXACT publications, magazines, books, & more??
Please post something before the kids here loose faith in you.

I have them right here, I will give you exact pages, features, & more... I also have done commercial work for a company that is part of commercial products... would you like to know which one?
Of course so I can know who not to buy from.

Were you taking MY ideas & profiting by them, w/ out asking?? I'd want MY cut...
Your ideas are not worth it.

By the way - do you want the list of publications & such I was featured in in this field, years before you even HAD your website??
Was that when you still had a real job? Oh and were these "papers" about my website?

And I can call someone who fabricates things insane since that is a sign of insanity. Don't fabricate things and I will not have to call you anything.

I am not lying, as a pro in this field
Only in your mind not to any respected member of the field. Delusions of granduer are designed to conver up deep rooted insecurities. Maybe you father didn't play with you enough I don't know. But the fact is you don't like me or my site because it discredits some of your baseless beliefs that you try to force on impressionable kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.