• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

winxp pro explorer cd or dvd label

Ralph_B

windows explorer doesn't correctly display the title/label of either cds or dvds , sometimes a previous label is displayed regardless of file content, but mostly no label is displayed. The contaents are displayed ok.
the following method will display the label correctly but does not alter win explorer display:
right click on drive, select properties, select hardware, double click on appropriate drive then click on volumes, then click on populate. This method obviously proves that the information can be read by my system but I do not understand the explorer problem - any thoughts are wellcome please ?

win xp sp2
optorite drive dvd rw dd0203

I've since resolved the problem by selecting autoplay for the cd/dvd drive, not ideal becauase I do not want to use the autoplay feature , but at least it solved the label problem

Last edited:

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Ralph ... that can be a drive going bad or you need to clean it... you may also want to make sure it's set to DMA and not PIO mode ...

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I have the same problem sometimes. There may be something you can do to fix it. I just ingnore it and go about my buisness and eventually the correct label is displayed. Just a bug in Windows I suppose... Imagine that:eek: :laugh: .