• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wooting Launches New 60% Analog Keyboard- Wooting 60HE

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Wooting is a brand that is near and dear to me in that it brought about the most innovating keyboard feature in ages with its analog control Flaretech switches a few years ago. It's debut product—the Wooting One—is a tenkeyless (TKL) form factor keyboard, which was then supported by the full-size Wooting Two. New switches and an updated software suite came about earlier this year with the Wooting Two HE, whose review is in the works as we speak, but that did not stop the company from seeing everyone else come out with a 60% form factor keyboard this past year too. Enter then the Wooting 60HE, and it's already a commercial success!

Wooting went the crowdfunding route with the 60HE, but hosted the campaign on its own website rather than going the Kickstarter or Indiegogo route and giving a cut to the platform. It was a risk that paid off big time clearly, with the campaign meeting its goal within 12 hours and now stretch goals in the consideration, with the first one being a differently color USB cable. If you fancy being a founder, hit up the link below and see some other cool features available, including founder's only swag and even an Easter egg on the PCB itself. The Wooting 60HE can be backed starting from €154.99 (inc. VAT), which in itself is a 10% discount over the eventual MSRP of €169.99, and delivery is slated for Q2 of 2022.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
what are the downsides of an analog gaming keyboard again? i forget. i feel like someone told me once they require you turn off software even just to alt tab and web browse? i don't remember

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Follow the link — it’s digital with NKRO. It’s the switches that are analog.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, watercooled
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Custom Watercooling-Loop with 2x 240mm and 1x 120mm Radiators
Memory 4x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX MBA
Storage 2x Crucial P1 1TB, 1x Mushkin Reactor 1TB
Display(s) Cooler Master Tempest GP27Q
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Platinum 750W
what are the downsides of an analog gaming keyboard again? i forget. i feel like someone told me once they require you turn off software even just to alt tab and web browse? i don't remember

I have been using the Wooting Two HE (bigger version of the 60HE) for a few weeks now and I would say there are no downsides of analog switches, despite the very high price.

The Two HE has 4 profiles that you can configure, of which the first three are analog profiles and the last one is the digital profile. In digital mode the keyboard behaves like a normal digital keyboard, except that you have some more customization options like using different key layout (e.g. Dvorak) or adjusting the actuation point (since the keys are analog, you can set the actuation point wherever you want).

In analog mode you map gamepad functions like the x/y/z axes or also controller buttons to keys. The keyboard will than be recognized by the OS as both a gamepad and a keyboard at the same time. Keys that have not been mapped with a gampad function still work as normal digitals keys. You can also use them as both simultaneous (so for an example pushing "w" will then register as a "w" and x-axis up).

Another nice feature is that you can map two functions to the same key. For an example while pushing "w" half way you walk and by pushing it all the way you sprint.

The biggest problem at the moment is game compatibility. Many games do not allow simultaneous gamepad + keyboard/mouse input or are very glitchy (switching back and forth between the control schemes).

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The biggest problem at the moment is game compatibility. Many games do not allow simultaneous gamepad + keyboard/mouse input or are very glitchy (switching back and forth between the control schemes).
This is the exact dilemma I am facing in my review also. When it works, it's excellent. Just so happens that it doesn't work often enough sadly.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I have been using the Wooting Two HE (bigger version of the 60HE) for a few weeks now and I would say there are no downsides of analog switches, despite the very high price.

The Two HE has 4 profiles that you can configure, of which the first three are analog profiles and the last one is the digital profile. In digital mode the keyboard behaves like a normal digital keyboard, except that you have some more customization options like using different key layout (e.g. Dvorak) or adjusting the actuation point (since the keys are analog, you can set the actuation point wherever you want).

In analog mode you map gamepad functions like the x/y/z axes or also controller buttons to keys. The keyboard will than be recognized by the OS as both a gamepad and a keyboard at the same time. Keys that have not been mapped with a gampad function still work as normal digitals keys. You can also use them as both simultaneous (so for an example pushing "w" will then register as a "w" and x-axis up).

Another nice feature is that you can map two functions to the same key. For an example while pushing "w" half way you walk and by pushing it all the way you sprint.

Why would you want to switch between controller and keyboard/mouse though? Once you are in game, if Wooting works in analog mode on the keyboard, you would be good to go and enjoy that specific game. I'm not sure why I would I want to alternate between keyboard and mouse and a controller for the same game.

Why would you want to switch between controller and keyboard/mouse though? Once you are in game, if Wooting works in analog mode on the keyboard, you would be good to go and enjoy that specific game. I'm not sure why I would I want to alternate between keyboard and mouse and a controller for the same game.
For an example in Cyberpunk 2077 you can map the W/A/S/D keys to the gamepad x/y axis and then walk or drive around a lot more precise (especially driving is a lot more fun with the anlog keys!). But aiming is still done with the mouse.

Edit: I just re-read your post and I misunderstood you. You do not switch between gamepad and keyboard/mouse, but since the keyboard is effectively recognized by the system as a separate keyboard and gamepad the game will automatically switch between those input modes. E.g. in Horizon Zero Dawn it will switch to gamepad controls as soon as you use one of the analog-mapped keys and then switch back to the keyboard/mouse controls when you use the mouse. But you can not use both at the same time and unfortunately the switch is not seamless and therefore unplayable.

This is the exact dilemma I am facing in my review also. When it works, it's excellent. Just so happens that it doesn't work often enough sadly.
I still think the Two HE is a very good keyboard, even if you do not use the analog functions. The switches are perfect (if you like linear switches), the build quality is solid and the configurability and SW are really good.

The problem is: Compared to other good mechanical keyboards it is way overpriced and therefore just recommendable for enthusiasts who like to play around with their stuff.

Last edited:
Processor RYZEN 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Aorus B-550I Pro AX
Cooling HEATKILLER IV PRO , EKWB Vector FTW3 3080/3090 , Barrow res + Xylem DDC 4.2, SE 240 + Dabel 20b 240
Memory Viper Steel 4000 PVS416G400C6K
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW3
Storage XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVMe + Samsung 980 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case NR 200
Power Supply CORSAIR SF750
Mouse Logitech G PRO
Keyboard Meletrix Zoom 75 GT Silver
Software Windows 11 22H2

I believe this is also the dilemma of potential customers who are seduced by the technology but do not want to blow unnecessary money either . What i mean is , this is all cool but then again for that price one could easely go with a conventional keyboard and gamepad combo for those instances where analog imput is required thus avoiding the hussle .

Reactions: VSG

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.

Yes i been tempted, but like this one wanted to know how many keys are actually analog.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
For an example in Cyberpunk 2077 you can map the W/A/S/D keys to the gamepad x/y axis and then walk or drive around a lot more precise (especially driving is a lot more fun with the anlog keys!). But aiming is still done with the mouse.

Edit: I just re-read your post and I misunderstood you. You do not switch between gamepad and keyboard/mouse, but since the keyboard is effectively recognized by the system as a separate keyboard and gamepad the game will automatically switch between those input modes. E.g. in Horizon Zero Dawn it will switch to gamepad controls as soon as you use one of the analog-mapped keys and then switch back to the keyboard/mouse controls when you use the mouse. But you can not use both at the same time and unfortunately the switch is not seamless and therefore unplayable.

I still think the Two HE is a very good keyboard, even if you do not use the analog functions. The switches are perfect (if you like linear switches), the build quality is solid and the configurability and SW are really good.

The problem is: Compared to other good mechanical keyboards it is way overpriced and therefore just recommendable for enthusiasts who like to play around with their stuff.

I see what you mean now, wow I am dumb LOL

ok yeah that seems really broken... I think I will pass on analog gaming after all then. I'm sure for some games its great, but thats a hefty price for just a few games enjoyment.

Yes i been tempted, but like this one wanted to know how many keys are actually analog.
That's the neat part: All of them are analog. You can map them however you want!

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZXR, AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Thought the first picture was a meat cleaver with keyboard print.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
What's with the stupid strap?

Maybe for prancing down Chelsea high street with it on your arm :laugh:

Yeah I dunno either man. That kinda just made it too hipster for me altogether then and there.

And then there's the price, plus the gaming woes. Noty

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
What's with the stupid strap?

Maybe for prancing down Chelsea high street with it on your arm :laugh:
For a second there I thought I was looking at a chopping knife

I believe this is also the dilemma of potential customers who are seduced by the technology but do not want to blow unnecessary money either . What i mean is , this is all cool but then again for that price one could easely go with a conventional keyboard and gamepad combo for those instances where analog imput is required thus avoiding the hussle .
Ehhh... Money's no concern for people who build/buy custom keebs. I frequent r/MechanicalKeybaords and the money people throwing at keyboards is eye-watering. Wootings are more expensive compared to mainstream gaming brands and specially chinese brands for sure but not overly so considering the R&D they put into the switch and software suite. As for me I don’t like linear switches so miss me with that shit.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
That's the neat part: All of them are analog. You can map them however you want!

Was just a thought as this one is 60% haha.

Any compatibility list out there ?, or even a list of games it don't work with.

Any compatibility list out there ?, or even a list of games it don't work with.
The Google Doc mentioned on the page above is probably the most helpful source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ILkXe5NCXH_iNFaMrxZ5RtkOY/edit#gid=1689674492