• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic to Transport Players Back to the Icy Realm of Northrend Later This Year

D

Deleted member 24505

WoW is still active? oh man what people have wasted on money on this game with subscription fees alone... and time of their live just insane

The same could be said of any game minus the sub fee.

Neither of you know the pop #s. No one does, since blizzard doesn't publish them and hasn't in many years. The only info we have is mau (monthly users, which count how many unique accounts logged into their various games in a month. This includes multiple logins for different games by the same account) totals for all Activision blizzard games combined, not even individually.
The website I cited above is considered to be a very reliable source of info. Gonna take their word over yours all day long..

Are you drunk? Or just stupid?
My vote? Is withheld...:laugh:

Calm down.
LOL!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...nger-report-world-of-warcraft-s/1100-6431943/

It happened in 2015, and is common knowledge. I explained to you how it works, but you seem more interested in just arguing.
I'm going to trust a current metrics website over a 7 year old article. Companies change their minds and policies on a regular basis. You're going to have to do better. Your argument still has no merit.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
I've already cited a reliable website. Either post a link supporting your claim or hush up.
It is actually really well known that since sub numbers heavily dropped at one point (around 2015) that they stopped reporting on actual numbers and that they go by MAU (monthly active users) which is a count across ALL of their IPs rather than just WoW. This was back. I cant post links as I am at work and "gaming" sites are blocked by IT.

LOL!

I'm going to trust a current metrics website over a 7 year old article. Companies change their minds and policies on a regular basis. You're going to have to do better. Your argument still has no merit.
It has not changed.

WoW is still active? oh man what people have wasted on money on this game with subscription fees alone... and time of their live just insane

Don't remind me, lol. I had one toon at 135 days and another at 127 days played, that's DAYS not hours. Add up all the alts that I didn't play as much and it was a big part of my life lol.

It is actually really well known that since sub numbers heavily dropped at one point (around 2015) that they stopped reporting on actual numbers and that they go by MAU (monthly active users) which is a count across ALL of their IPs rather than just WoW. This was back. I cant post links as I am at work and "gaming" sites are blocked by IT.

It has not changed.
Ok, here's a few more stats sites;

And

Are you saying that these stats site are faking those numbers? Hmm? I think not, but whatever.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Mouse Logitech G604s
Ok, here's a few more stats sites;

And

Are you saying that these stats site are faking those numbers? Hmm? I think not, but whatever.
I cant view until i get home but chances are yes, they are guesses. It is widely known that blizzard does not release sub numbers only monthly active users (MAU's)

Edit: Here is a very reputable youtuber that basically does WoW stuff for a living and has a whole team so it's not a 1 man operation. He breaks down the MAU's to ESTIMATE how many ppl are still actively playing the game. He has no concrete numbers since Blizz does NOT release those numbers. They dont even tell their shareholders how many people actively play WoW.

WoW's Health: The Numbers Don't Lie... Here's What We Discovered. - YouTube

Last edited:
I cant view until i get home but chances are yes, they are guesses. It is widely known that blizzard does not release sub numbers only monthly active users (MAU's)
Those are still numbers and they still show subscribers in the millions not the 500k quoted by mr Renald earlier which was a BS number he pulled out of his bum.

Those are still numbers and they still show subscribers in the millions not the 500k quoted by mr Renald earlier which was a BS number he pulled out of his bum.
So did you with your links. As I explained, they do not release numbers anymore and haven't for 7+ years.

Mouse Logitech G604s
What part of monthly active users across IP's dont you get?

So did you with your links. As I explained, they do not release numbers anymore and haven't for 7+ years.
What part of monthly active users across IP's dont you get?
You keep yammering away, insisting that I'm wrong and yet the links I provided speak for themselves. You're not proving anything, you're just jibber-jabbering. Prove up or shut up..

This is one of the main reasons I don't bother with citations in debate like this. Even when I provide evidence, people just ignore it and continue with their ego driven agenda...

You keep yammering away, insisting that I'm wrong and yet the links I provided speak for themselves. You're not proving anything, you're just jibber-jabbering. Prove up or shut up..

This is one of the main reasons I don't bother with citations in debate like this. Even when I provide evidence, people just ignore it and continue with their ego driven agenda...
You're just plain wrong. Proof had been linked and it has been explained to you as to why you are wrong. Accept it, apologize for being so rude/trolly, and move on.

You're just plain wrong. Proof had been linked and it has been explained to you as to why you are wrong.
And I have provided links that prove you are wrong. The difference is that YOUR link is to an article that is 7 YEARS old. The links I provided are CURRENT data...
Accept it, apologize for being so rude/trolly, and move on.
Kettle, meet pot. I'm being unpleasant because you are implying deception on the part of the stats sites and/or me. You're refusing to accept reality(yeah, I can say that too). Prove up or shut up.

Last edited:
And I have provided links that prove you are wrong. The difference is that YOUR link is to an article that is 7 YEARS old. The links I provided are CURRENT data...

Kettle, meet pot. I'm being unpleasant because you are refusing to accept reality(yeah, I can say that too). Prove up or shut up.
My link is correct to the present. It's also common knowledge. Bye, enjoy your evening

Last edited: