• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-ES Supports 3rd Generation Intel Core i7 Processor Across Product Line

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES) is supporting the 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor across eight industry-standard form factors -- COM Express, 3U VPX, 6U VPX, 3U CompactPCI, 6U CompactPCI, VME, air-cooled PrPMC/XMC, and conduction-cooled PrPMC/XMC. The XPedite7470 3U VPX Single Board Computer (SBC) and XCalibur4401 6U CompactPCI SBC are the first products available from X-ES to support the 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor.

3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors provide higher performance and lower power compared to 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processors. 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors also include Intel HD Graphics with DirectX 11, supporting OpenGL 3.1 and OpenCL 1.1.

Initially, X-ES products are available with these versions of the 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor:
  • Quad-core Intel Core i7-3615QE, 2.3GHz
  • Quad-core Intel Core i7-3612QE, 2.1GHz
When dual-core versions of 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors become available, they will be supported on X-ES products.

Because of the lower power consumption of the 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors, quad-core 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors are more easily supported in conduction-cooled applications. As with all Intel processors used in X-ES designs, the 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors are on Intel's embedded roadmap, guaranteeing at least seven years of availability for our customers.

For more information, visit the data-sheets of XPedite 7470, XCalibur 4401, and the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site