1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-Fi Mic issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by travva, Sep 26, 2008.

1. travva

travva New Member

Thanks Received:
    IS there anything for X-FI as far as software that reduces background noise for a mic? I have sennheiser 555 and a clip on mic and the mic works awesome with my onboard sound but not w/ x-fi. The mic works but you can hear my case fans over my voice constantly. The onboard realtek has a software feature to turn this off. Is there any such thing for x-fi??? Surely a $100 sound card has something like this?? :confused:

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I don't generally have that issue, I do get some background noise, but usually a dog, the G/F talking etc...I also use push-to-talk too. I think in Gamer Mode there's a setting for background noise though...

3. travva

travva New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can you check plz man? anyone else have any input?

4. travva

travva New Member

Thanks Received:
    Come on man? Does anyone know of a solution to this? I'm thinking of trying to use both cards but I don't wanna do that. Is there any sort of noise reduction for the x-fi? Kursah can you check bro and see if you can find it?

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Do you have Mic Boost +20db enabled by chance? If so that will cause the pickup issue you stated.

The feature I found was Mic Environment FX, but I don't believe that does what you want lol. I'll keep digging, but if you have boost on, it would do what you are complaining of...just tested it with and without...without at 100% was fine, I was loud and clear to my clan-mates, with boost I was loud and clear, so were my case fans.

:toast: