• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-Fi Support Syndicate & Owner's Clubhouse

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
So, anyone find a review on the Titanium yet?

Davidelmo

Processor Intel i7 920 @4.20Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58 UD5
Cooling Titan Fenrir
Memory 6Gb Patriot 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI HD4870 1Gb
Storage 2x250Gb Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0) plus 2B storage
Display(s) Samsung 22 inch Widescreen
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Auzen Prelude 7.1
Power Supply PCP&P 750W Silencer
Software Win7 beta
I've got a few questions about my new prelude. I'm totally overwhelmed with all of the control panel options.

I have a pair of 5.1 surround sound headphones. However, when I play a game like FEAR (using Game mode of course) I can tell very noticeable jumps from one speaker to the next. i.e. if I stand in the same place and rotate 360 degrees, I can hear sound "jumping" from rear to front speakers instead of smoothly transitioning between the two.

If there any cause of this or is it something to do with the game?

Also, it seems like the bass is lacking using the 5.1 headphones in game mode. Explosions to the rear are loud and bassy but those at the front don't seem to have any bass at all. Why isn't the sub being used when sounds are played from some directions?

Again, is there some option I need to tick/untick?

Thanks.

department76

System Name Fusilli
Processor AMD Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.9GHz (200x19.5, 1.51V)
Motherboard MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX/SB600 (AM2+)
Cooling Zalman 9700NT, 2x silent 80mm & 2x 120mm Scythe & Enermax
Memory 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1V
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4870 512MB @ 825/1050 (3x heatpipes)
Storage 2x 250GB RAID 0 - Seagate 7200.10 16MB on Promise FastTrak
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2450 & VX1940
Case Lian-Li PC60 PlusII
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-Fi Prelude, Denon AH-D1000 headphones
Power Supply OCZ GameXtreme 600W
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage - P10909
I've got a few questions about my new prelude. I'm totally overwhelmed with all of the control panel options.

I have a pair of 5.1 surround sound headphones. However, when I play a game like FEAR (using Game mode of course) I can tell very noticeable jumps from one speaker to the next. i.e. if I stand in the same place and rotate 360 degrees, I can hear sound "jumping" from rear to front speakers instead of smoothly transitioning between the two.

Also, it seems like the bass is lacking using the 5.1 headphones in game mode. Explosions to the rear are loud and bassy but those at the front don't seem to have any bass at all. Why isn't the sub being used when sounds are played from some directions?

Thanks.

yes, maybe you do need to adjust something. what are your current speaker settings? i am assuming you have an analog connection to your 5.1 setup. in that case, you don't need DDL enabled. also, for game mode the jumping channel to channel could be the game it self, but do ensure your CMSS 3D is enabled for game mode, that helps a lot and you can also shift the emphasis from front to back. There are bass settings to tweak, but more importantly ensure your speaker configuration in windows is set to 5.1 at all times. if you have 5.1 headphones, connect them in 5.1. if you have normal stereo headphones, leave your speaker mode in 5.1 and check "optimize for headphones" and the card/software will downmix for you.

hope that helps

department76

System Name Fusilli
Case Lian-Li PC60 PlusII
you're 100% correct. In cases such as this, it won't completely avert EMI interference, but should help to somewhat diminish the effects, but not completely stop it. Now, if I were to take some copper braid, and connect all of the HS together, and then ground one end of the cable to the case, it would be a lot more effective.

I was only simply trying to demonstrate that a small gain in clarity can be had, nothing major, as the results demonstrate. I'm working on trying to design an EMI shield for the card that will cover the front and back, but materials here are hard to come by, no one sells minimal amounts of copper, and copper here is expensive currently. Copper, also, is not the best material for a good EMI shield, but it's the closest we could probably come to. MuMetal would be most preferred, but very expensive. Nickel-plated copper or a copper/nickel alloy would be the ideal on a cost standpoint, but hard to find, and plating kits are expensive as well.

ya that could be a cool mod to do, is ground that all to the chassis with a flashy copper braid.

i remember seeing an EMI "sheet" for pci cards once, all i remember is that it was expensive and i have not been able to find it whenever i try searching for it now.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
So, anyone find a review on the Titanium yet?

not yet - I've been keeping my eye out. I don't think we'll see a review until mid-late July; the card with the I/O drive is supposed to go on sale at the end of July, the card by itself will go on sale in Sept (as last I've heard). That may still change, though . . .

Davidelmo said:

Thanks.

first, make sure you're running the game with the audio console in Game Mode; with a set of 5.1 headphones, first try running the game with the speaker configuration set to headphones, if that doesn't work, try 5.1 - I'm not sure which is the best way to set these up; then, under the CMSS-3D tab, make sure that 3D positioning is enabled, and make sure both filters are set to auto - if in 5.1 mode, set upmix mode to "stereo surround" and upmix to "auto" - then adjust the slider all the way to 1005 surround. Hit the test button - the playback should smoothly transition, without any major change from one speaker driver to the next.

with the subwoofer - I've found with headphones to that you usually can't have bass-boost turned up too far, even default settings tends to be way too much in many cases. In the audio console, go to your bass tab - if set for headphones, set bass boost level to 1db, and cutoff frequency to 30Hz; if set for 5.1, reduce bass redirection to 30Hz, and leave gain unchecked.

TBH - I'm kinda feeling my way through this with ya, I haven't had a chance to use 5.1 headsets, so I'm in the dark as to what is the best and optimal settings for them. I'm curious, how do the 5.1 headsets attach to the card? Is it just the one green mini-jack, or do you have the 3 jacks?

ya that could be a cool mod to do, is ground that all to the chassis with a flashy copper braid.

i remember seeing an EMI "sheet" for pci cards once, all i remember is that it was expensive and i have not been able to find it whenever i try searching for it now.

I've seen what you're talking about as well - I'm not sure if you're in the states or not, but everything I've seen online wants bulk orders . . . so that's outta range of us commoners :p

Davidelmo

Cooling Titan Fenrir
Software Win7 beta
yes, maybe you do need to adjust something. what are your current speaker settings? i am assuming you have an analog connection to your 5.1 setup. in that case, you don't need DDL enabled. also, for game mode the jumping channel to channel could be the game it self, but do ensure your CMSS 3D is enabled for game mode, that helps a lot and you can also shift the emphasis from front to back. There are bass settings to tweak, but more importantly ensure your speaker configuration in windows is set to 5.1 at all times. if you have 5.1 headphones, connect them in 5.1. if you have normal stereo headphones, leave your speaker mode in 5.1 and check "optimize for headphones" and the card/software will downmix for you.

hope that helps

Right, will give those things a go.

I'm hooking the 5.1 headphones up as specified in the manual and the "noise" test sounds fine - everything plays in the correct place. Using the normal analogue (pink, orange and black ended cables.)

DDL is disabled.

Which setting do i need for the CMSS 3D? and where do I set the envelopment percentage?

Like I said, I'm completely overwhelmed with options!

I tried a couple of 5.1 mp3s and a dolby .vob file with a 5.1 demo and they sound great. The only time I'm noticing this problem is in FEAR.. so maybe it is something to do with the game (although the back of the box says best played with X-fi, lol)

Other thing I noticed is that in Oblivion, again with the 5.1 headphones, is that I hear the voice of anyone I am talking to coming out of all speakers, not just the front. Kinda spooky to be looking into the guys face and hear his voice from all around you!

I'm still happy with the card though.. music sounds fantastic and I played Bioshock the other day and scared the crap out of myself. There's a hell of an advantage knowing where the bad guys are coming from!

Davidelmo

Cooling Titan Fenrir
Software Win7 beta
not yet - I've been keeping my eye out. I don't think we'll see a review until mid-late July; the card with the I/O drive is supposed to go on sale at the end of July, the card by itself will go on sale in Sept (as last I've heard). That may still change, though . . .

first, make sure you're running the game with the audio console in Game Mode; with a set of 5.1 headphones, first try running the game with the speaker configuration set to headphones, if that doesn't work, try 5.1 - I'm not sure which is the best way to set these up; then, under the CMSS-3D tab, make sure that 3D positioning is enabled, and make sure both filters are set to auto - if in 5.1 mode, set upmix mode to "stereo surround" and upmix to "auto" - then adjust the slider all the way to 1005 surround. Hit the test button - the playback should smoothly transition, without any major change from one speaker driver to the next.

with the subwoofer - I've found with headphones to that you usually can't have bass-boost turned up too far, even default settings tends to be way too much in many cases. In the audio console, go to your bass tab - if set for headphones, set bass boost level to 1db, and cutoff frequency to 30Hz; if set for 5.1, reduce bass redirection to 30Hz, and leave gain unchecked.

TBH - I'm kinda feeling my way through this with ya, I haven't had a chance to use 5.1 headsets, so I'm in the dark as to what is the best and optimal settings for them. I'm curious, how do the 5.1 headsets attach to the card? Is it just the one green mini-jack, or do you have the 3 jacks?

I've seen what you're talking about as well - I'm not sure if you're in the states or not, but everything I've seen online wants bulk orders . . . so that's outta range of us commoners :p

Thanks for your response.. I was typing my response while you were typing this one!

The surround sound headphones have all three cables. I have this set:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/SpeedLink/Medusa51/5.html

They sound brilliant for movies or anything else with surround sound.

Thanks for the bass boost tip.. I'll try it out.

edit - just a note.. i think my control panel is slightly different to yours. For the CMSS 3D I have the following options:
Stereo Xpand
Stereo Surround
and I don't have a "test" button.
The only other option is "upmix" where I can select from on/off/auto

Last edited:

department76

System Name Fusilli
Case Lian-Li PC60 PlusII
ok since your h/p are the true 5.1 variety, you don't want "optimize for headphones" checked, then i think you want to leave your card/speakers setting in 5.1 mode.

i wouln't be surprised if it was poor sound channeling in the games you mentioned and not necessarily your soundcard causing the channeling issues. look for an options within the game you might be able to play with. also, the front-back envelopement slider is in the CMSS-3D tab in game mode.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
@Davidelmo - any update?

On a side note, Creative have released new beta drivers for the Audigy and X-Fi series for both XP and Vista; taken from Tweakguides.com:

SoundBlaster Audigy & X-Fi 2.18.0000 Beta
2 June 2008

Creative has released a Beta 2.18.0000 driver for the majority of the Audigy and X-Fi series under Windows XP and Vista. These drivers add Dolby Digital and DTS decoding and DVD-Audio playback in Vista for cards which supported these features in XP, fix a range of application and OS sound-related issues and improve performance in OpenAL.

they can be downloaded here: http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

I'll d/l the new XP beta and give it a go tomorrow

the full release notes for the beta:

This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft® Windows Vista® and Windows® XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

Take note of the following:

THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
Users who are looking for stable drivers should wait for the final release. When this happens, user should install the latest Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver available.
This download supports the following audio devices only:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty® Professional Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Added Features:
To find out if your audio device supports the following features in Windows XP, click here.
For systems using Windows Vista

Dolby® Digital and DTS® driver decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).
DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player Beta software. Click here to download.
Fixes:

Resolves issues of intermittent and random application/system crash when playing games or running applications that use EAX®, DirectSound®, OpenAL and/or ASIO features.
Resolves issue of volume mapping leading to very soft volume level in systems using Windows Vista with Service Pack 1.
Resolves issue with distortion and noise occuring in systems with 4 GB of RAM or greater.
Known Issues:

X-Fi CMSS®-3D feature is not available in Windows Vista 64-bit.
Requirements:

Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Window XP MCE 2004
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
why didnt i see this, btw in June Issue of CPU mag, Creative Labs doesnt want the guy that is helping Xfi Users get Full Capability Back in their Cards to modify their drivers apparently.

Davidelmo

Cooling Titan Fenrir
Software Win7 beta
I'm using the latest drivers from Auzentech.. came out only 2 days ago:
http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php

Fiddling with the CMSS 3D seems to have helped. I had it disabled before. The surround sound is better but there is still some channel hopping. I tried a couple other games but it's only noticeable in FEAR... I'll put it down to a fault in the game.

I noticed another weird thing in FEAR too. If a guy is in front of me shooting, I can hear the bullets whizzing past but they sound like gunshots and they are very loud which often makes me turn around because it sounds like somebody is shooting from behind me. Maybe I'll try patching the game and seeing what happens.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
I'm using the latest drivers from Auzentech.. came out only 2 days ago:
http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php

Fiddling with the CMSS 3D seems to have helped. I had it disabled before. The surround sound is better but there is still some channel hopping. I tried a couple other games but it's only noticeable in FEAR... I'll put it down to a fault in the game.

I noticed another weird thing in FEAR too. If a guy is in front of me shooting, I can hear the bullets whizzing past but they sound like gunshots and they are very loud which often makes me turn around because it sounds like somebody is shooting from behind me. Maybe I'll try patching the game and seeing what happens.

that sounds odd, like EAX isn't being correctly implimented - defi try patching, most recent version is 1.08 - also, double check that EAX 2.0 is selected, as well as EAX advanced HD, and hardware mixing is also enabled in the game options menus. You may possibly need to attempt a reinstall as well.

in the audio console, also try lowering EAX effects to like -4.0db or so . . . some games, EAX effects are way too loud and that might be more noticeable with a 5.1 headset.

Oliver_FF

Processor Intel q9400 @ stock
Motherboard Lanparty P45-T2RS
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9500
Memory 8GB OCZ PC2-6400
Video Card(s) BFG Nvidia GTX285 OC
Storage 1TB, 500GB, 500GB
Display(s) 20" Samsung T200HD
Case Antec Mini P180
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply 700w Hiper
Software Ubuntu x64 virtualising Vista
Here's something to wrap your noggins around... I've got an X-Fi Elite Pro:

However, when inserted to my motherboard at the time, ASUS P5WD2-E Premium, it was detected as being model "00201102", which sadly is not in the list of supported X-Fi cards the drivers come with... supported models are 002[1-6]1102. The pic should explain more:

If i plug the card into my current mobo it simply fails to post :twitch: :cry:

Attachments

• My X-Fi Ellite Pro sm.jpg
    My X-Fi Ellite Pro sm.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 3,608
  • collection.JPG
    collection.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,488

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
hmm - that is rather odd . . . :wtf:

have you installed the most recent driver with the firmware update? If not, give that a shot and see how the card is detected. The only reason the card model would be detected incorrectly is if the APU BIOS got corrupted somehow . . . sadly, I don't know of any software that can flash the BIOS on the X-Fi cards, and to the best of my knowledge, the chip would need to be removed to be hard flashed . . .

Unless btarunr could offer a solution, I'm thinking the card might need to be RMAed to fix that.

A word of advice, as well, if you do RMA the card - when you get it back, if there is no heatsink on the X-Fi APU, I seriously recommend installing one.

Oliver_FF

Processor Intel q9400 @ stock
Motherboard Lanparty P45-T2RS
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9500
Memory 8GB OCZ PC2-6400
Video Card(s) BFG Nvidia GTX285 OC
Storage 1TB, 500GB, 500GB
Display(s) 20" Samsung T200HD
Case Antec Mini P180
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply 700w Hiper
Software Ubuntu x64 virtualising Vista
You're probably right about the RMA, but sadly the time's past for that - it's more of an ornament now haha. One day i'll use it as a paper-weight or something ;)

It's very bling-bling though

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
You're probably right about the RMA, but sadly the time's past for that - it's more of an ornament now haha. One day i'll use it as a paper-weight or something ;)

It's very bling-bling though

It's a dman nice card, the Elite Pro's are 1337 - even that older, first release revision you've got there

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
I bought X-Fi XtremeMusic a couple of weeks ago. Just finished modding it, very happy with the result, the difference is night and day :D

Anyone else mod the card?

System Name celer
Processor Pentium 4 650 3.4GHz 2MB L2
Motherboard MSI PM8M3-V
Cooling Thermalright SI-128 SE
Memory 2048MB OCZ 2-3-2-5 2T at 200Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon R9100
Storage 250G Samsung 850 PRO (MZ-7KE256BW) - 1024G WD Black (WD1003FZEX)
Display(s) 19' iiyama ProLite E1980SD 1280x1024 75Hz DVI
Case Eurocase moded
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Enermax 620W Liberty
Mouse Logitech MX510 red
Keyboard eTech PS/2 keyboard
Software Win XP SP3
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/submission/2455634_
I did... and still planing more to do :)

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
I bought X-Fi XtremeMusic a couple of weeks ago. Just finished modding it, very happy with the result, the difference is night and day :D

in the middle of modding mine as well - I've already started posting in this thread testing results after modification, just go back one page :toast:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD

Tell us about this modification you did, share the knowledge.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
First X-Fi Titanium review I've come across: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2316939,00.asp

the card appears to run on-par, if not better than a Xonar, and topping the current Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro flagship card. Hefty price, though ($200).

Still no pics of the card sans EMI shield :ohwell:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Now Only if BlueGears, HT_Omega, and Auzentech would get in gear.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
I did... and still planing more to do :)
Ah, trodas, you're here too :D Thanks for all the knowledge on Head-Fi my good friend ;)

in the middle of modding mine as well - I've already started posting in this thread testing results after modification, just go back one page :toast:
Ah I see, cheers :toast:

Tell us about this modification you did, share the knowledge.
I will post some picture plus some information on what I did

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_15_0006 driver package for XP sucks...I think Creative tried to add more functionality but they totally wrecked it gonna revert back to the 2_15_0003 drivers unless somebody tells me that the BETA is running fine on XP

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
First X-Fi Titanium review I've come across: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2316939,00.asp

the card appears to run on-par, if not better than a Xonar, and topping the current Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro flagship card. Hefty price, though ($200).

Still no pics of the card sans EMI shield :ohwell:

Ahhh man, that makes my decision a tough one. Get the Titanium for it's use of PCIe to give me more space around my gfx slots, or just get the Auzen card for it's superior hardware.