1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x1300 OCing problems.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Godsmak, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Godsmak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello all,

I am new to the forums and have recently been interested in building my own computers, OCing, and tweaking. With that aside, I just want it to be clear that I am a mere newb with this stuff.

My problem: I have a Radeon x1300 series 256mb (594core, 391mem default) video card. I am trying to OC it, obviously. I have run into many problems. For one, the CCC does not have the Over-drive option I was looking forward to having, as I heard the x1000+ were supposed to have this. Also, every single 3rd party program I use will either; crash, hang, or not OC the card. I have read and done many things to achieve success, but have not accomplished anything lol.

The last program I used was ATiTool, I got the beta version that supposedly works for the x1000+ series, but when I go to set clock, it hangs. I actually went back into the program and found the clock speed in the profile I created was actually set, it wasn't the default 594core. Also, 'Find max core' 'Find max mem' crashes =[

So to conclude, what would I be doing wrong? Does this card just suck for OCing? Is this how ATiTool works, meaning it set the core speed to what I intended, crashed but still was able to set it? If anyone could answer ANY of these questions I would be very happy. Just looking to bump up my FPS in Obliv with full detail out in the wilderness.

Thanks!

Intel 6600 @ 2.4ghz
    1 gig ram
    Radeon x1300 256mb

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. psychotix11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the card sucks for OC period.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

what brand is your Radeon X1300? AFAIK, overdrive only is available on XT(X) graphic cards.

When testing the Powercolor X1300, I had no problems OCing with ATI Tool, however I only managed to gain ~9MHz on the core.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. casper250c New Member

Thanks Received:
    GodSmak i use Rivatuner to oc mine my core went from 450 to 520 and my mem went from 266 to 360 and i still have a little room to play with it (not much but some)

i have the VisionTek x1300 512mb agp

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Godsmak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to reply. Have a little bit of a problem and it's pretty sad in a way. My computer is a DELL.........

So, my computer did not come with a box for the video card and no real direct info on the video card. What I do know:
    Card name: Radeon X1300 Series
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: Radeon X1300 Series (0x7183)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7183&SUBSYS_03021028&REV_00
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB

So there you have it. I am wondering if by calling DELL they will tell me the exact info needed. I am going to try RivaTuner even though I thought I did. Thanks for the help!

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Godsmak New Member

Thanks Received:
    God I have no clue how to use this OC program. I checked into like 3 diff categories that could contain OCing capabilities and there were no defaults to any of them. I had no clue lol, any help?

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Every card is different with overclocking abilities some do well others do not. With the original 1300 I would not expect much from that card even overclocked. The problem with the temp read outs are that some of the NON-ATi(AKA vendor cards as in his, powercoler.... just an idea not saying they don't have one either) cards do not have them. More or less the vendor who produced that card decided to save a buck and not add it. This is also why overdrive is not included in the ATi cat control center. With Ati Tool you should see a set clocks right off the bat, I would not worry with trying to OC the memory at all with that card only the GPU. I also would not expect to gain that much with a stock cooler that came from dell, most of these cards are made just for dell and made as cheap as possible. If your needing more speed at a low cost I would look into buying A a X1300XT(which is the X1600Pro renamed) the X1600 or if you have the cash a X1650Pro or TX.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try ATI Tool. Available here at TPU> Homepage>left side ATI tool under downloads.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Godsmak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey thanks for the replys.

Damulta you're most likely right. I am going to get another gig of ram then probably a new video card. I really would like to try and get this thing OCed but I'm not even sure it's worth it.

Namslas90: I try ATItool but it just freezes whenever I try to do anything. only time it doesn't freeze is when it scans for artifacts. Any ideas?

Edit: Just tried ATitool again and did nothing but bump up the core speed and get set clock, and it worked! i'm at 621 from the default of 600.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
    10 Year Member at TPU
  10. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Godsmak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey btw, the newest ATItool DID work, but only if I did nothing BUT set the core clock speed. If I do anything else in there the shiz hits the fan. Thanks everyone for the help, this will do for now until I get something sexier :)

10 Year Member at TPU