1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X1600 takes too long to find Max Core/Mem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by megamouse, Dec 11, 2006.

1. megamouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone, I have been a greatful user of ATITool for a while now and having problem with the 0.25 Beta 15 release, hope i can find a answer here, thx in advance

it takes more than 3 hours and still can't find the max value for the Core or Memory

I tried to reduce the heat-up phase to only 10 seconds and set the next phase to 100% (which means each phase will run only 10 seconds, does not increase by time)

and after 3 hours, it still doing the heat-up/scan for artifact thingy........WHEN Will it stop??? :eek: :wtf:

my spec:

# ATI Radeon X1600 video card, PCI-Express (128MB)
    # Intel Core Duo T2400

* 1.83GHz
    * 2MB L2 cache
    * 667MHz FSB

# 1.5GB PC2-5300 DDR2 (2 slots, 2GB max, 1 GB + 512MB installed)
    # 160GB 7200rpm SATA hard drive
    # 8x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) (well it's a mac, on XP for games, so it's same as a PC)

I was using the last version of ATITool 0.24 and sure it didnot take THAT long to find out the Max Core/Mem on my machine.

did i do anything wrong or do i simply have to wait and hit the "abort" button on the next morning? :twitch:

solutions will greatly appreciated.:toast:

2. megamouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh forgot to say the Operating System is

Windows XP Pro SP2 with the latest updates (er....apart from IE7, no thx m$)

3. ARTOSOFT New Member

Thanks Received:
    There is ATITool v0.26 release few days ago.

I prefer to find max core and mem by myself. Just increase slowly and check on artifacts. Doing auto find max and/or mem will take longer time and can fried your card if you are not beside your computer to watch the screen.

Regards,
    Arto.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. megamouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    @ARTOSOFT, thx for the reply,

so now i get 0.26, before I overclock, i want to set the default value to the right one (currently it shows 89/89 , which is not right)

so how do i set it to the actual default value then?