• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X1650 Pro problem

bob_dole010

Hi, Im kinda new to Overclocking. and have been reading the forums for a little bit now.

My problem is that my Radeon X1650 Pro Sapphire 32-bit bus (current clock speeds at the default of Core:546.75 Mem:688.50) is coming up with alot of of Artifacts according to my ATITool Log file.

2009-07-30 19:55:44 I Artifacts detected after 00:05.26. 336 pixels don't match.

the question that i am asking is, is this normal for this card or not?

System Name Felix777
Processor Core i5-3570k@stock
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Rosewill CAPSTONE 450watt
Software Win 10 x64
any graphic card can artifact if it's clocks memory or core, are pushed further than the core or any one of the memory modules can handle. Some graphic cards' core's can only manage 10mhz overclocks without artifacting, its all luck. that was just a lil note for ya if you didn't already know it :p

now your saying your card at stock is artifacting? try GPUTool. it's w1zz's successor to ATITool, though its still a beta the artifact detector is perfectly fine. If you still artifact with that then i'll ask have you overclocked it before and kept that oc for a sustained period of time? also what are your temperatures? Do you notice it in games?

Answer those questions, but how old is your card? it may be dying and therefor not able to sustain its stock clocks. At any rate is your graphic card AGP or pci-e? you can get a great and i mean great upgrade/replacement if your slot is PCI-e would be an HD 4650.

HD 4650 - $56 free shipping
You may nothave $56 bucks but i looked and anything in the 25-40 dollar range would give you like 1/4th or 1/5th the performance of the HD 4650. imo it'd be very much worth it to save for the upgrade/replacement.