• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x1800XT Not recognized

Hachima

have an x1800xt but am having some problems with fan control atm. I had the same problem with my x850XTPE. The default settings don't turn the fan on a high enough speed when the card heats up. With my x850xtpe I could use ati tray tools to set my own custom fan speeds. However these tools don't work with my x1800xt.

When I try to load the latest version it says "Unable to retrieve information from BIOS! Please report to developer about your board!"

Anyone know a solution for this? My card is now running underclocked because it was getting to hot.

Requested memory is 747MHz but current is 693MHz

stalker2005

I had the same problem with my x850xt that it was getting to hot that's why ik used ati tool for the fan speeds.

But the reason for your card to give the wrong clock is because ati tool reads aut the 2d clock NOT the 3d clock.

Use this tool to read out the 3d clock
http://www.driverheaven.net/zardon/overclocker.zip

My card gets around 80 degrees with the default clock and fan speeds. No problems and i have a shuttle sb81p

If you want to make sure your card is realy core 625 mem 750 try what happens if you overclock with ati tool and run a banch.. then clock your card with the other tool (3d clock) then you see results. P.s. Catalyst control center reads out your 2d cloock too ??? it does with my card...

Hachima

Yeah I figured out it is the 2D clock setting. I play a lot of my games in windowed mode so I force the 2D clock to match the 3D clock now.

stalker2005

Hachima said:
Yeah I figured out it is the 2D clock setting. I play a lot of my games in windowed mode so I force the 2D clock to match the 3D clock now.

Forcing the 2d clock does notting to your preformance windowmode is 3d your descktop is 2d try benchmarking it you wil see. Btw i contected ati .. the could not give me the awnser why the clock reads out wrong .. bit strange that we had to find out our selfs.

But does your Catalist control center read out the 2d clock aswell ???