• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X1900gt Unlock Bios Found!!!

MManolis76

Hi,this is my first post.
Just stumbled on this thread while searching on google and i thought it would be nice to let you know that GT cards are complete edition,not like le,gs or pro which are faulty XTs or XTXs.That means that ATI or nVidia means to make GT cards and that also means that there is nothing to unlock in a GT card,and for god's sake don't fool around with the bios unless you know what exactly you're doing!

Processor Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-Premium/Black Pearl
Cooling Luna Block, 240mm rad
Memory Patriot Extreme PC2-6400 2x2GB
Video Card(s) Saphire 5850 1GB
Storage 60GB SSD + 2x500GB/1TB/2TB
Display(s) Samsung 226BW and 50" Panasonic S2
Case Silverstone TJ-09
Audio Device(s) X-fi Prelude
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy Dxx 850watt
Software Windows7 32Bit
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 1M 14.333
Hi,this is my first post.
Just stumbled on this thread while searching on google and i thought it would be nice to let you know that GT cards are complete edition,not like le,gs or pro which are faulty XTs or XTXs.That means that ATI or nVidia means to make GT cards and that also means that there is nothing to unlock in a GT card,and for god's sake don't fool around with the bios unless you know what exactly you're doing!

Thanks for the tip makes it easier to understand. So only the 1900gt with le, gs, pro and with GB_PIPE_SELECT=0x3FE4, can unlock.. since they are faulty XTs or XTXs.
you think I could get someone to mod the bios in my 1900GTs bios? when using oc programs I sometimes get problems with games, but it does help alot when overclocking it.. so if I could get the bios modded and use ccc I should be ok for a while.

MManolis76

So only the 1900gt with le, gs, pro and with GB_PIPE_SELECT=0x3FE4, can unlock.. since they are faulty XTs or XTXs..
No, GTs are never LE GS or PRO,they are GT. They are made in the factory to be less in pipes more in Ghz and that cannot change with any bios! If you buy a GT card you are stuck with a GT card. If you buy an LE card you could be lucky that some of the locked/broken pipelines could open and work (like the infamous 6800le,wich was no better than a vanilla 6600,but some of them had unlockable pipelines through riva-tuner,so they became 6800XTs in a minute),but that's still a longshot.

Case Silverstone TJ-09
Software Windows7 32Bit
meh this thread needs to close maybe... people dont even read the first page and post here.

There is much info thoughout the 35 pages here... (to much to read it all), but if you read tofos first post, it will say alot.. its extremely rare that you can make your 1900gt a 16 pipe 1900gt, but it has worked for 1 or 2 very lucky people out of the hundreds maybe thousands of people who looked into doing this with thier rev.1 cards.

Before sending me the BIOSes, open the BIOS with Rabit and see if the Description says R580 "XL", if it does, don't bother. Make sure before sending me the BIOSes that the description says R580 "PRO" as shown below:

MManolis76

I've red the thread from the beginning; just because there are 2-3 GTs that made it to XTs,that does not mean anything.2 out of a hundred? I can explain that by using the "supply-demand" rule. People want 10000 GTs,companies manufacture 9990 GT cards,so sometimes they cut-down a bigger card to supply the demand. But that is not how GT cards are made. And searching for those 10 out a 10000 by swapping bioses etc,is like looking for a needle in a haystack;albeit the danger of 9990 corrupted cards.

noneed4me2

System Name TheloneFrakker..;)
Processor Q6600 GO FSB333@3.04ghz
Motherboard Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi
Cooling Stock for now
Memory 2x1gb/Gskill DDR3 1333@9,9,9,24 1t
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD2900XT
Storage Seagate Barrucuda 7200.11 500gb SATAII 32mb cache
Display(s) Sceptre xw20g Naga 20.1"
Case Thermaltake Bach VX w/Side window
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Hiper 580w Modular
Software XP Pro/Vista Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores None yet, coming soon...
I have read through alot of the posts and my card doesn't seem to match others under ATItool it says "R580 XT2" and gb pipe select obviously doesn't match 0x227E4. When I load the bios under rabit 2.2 it doesn't say Pro or XL it says Radeon X1900/X1950 (R580). Not sure if this makes a difference so I will upload my bios if you want to look if not no biggy. I wanted a pro card but got my budget cut on my new rig and for $129 it was bettter than a x1600 series.

Attachments

• bios.zip
    36.9 KB · Views: 466

chron

THERE IS NO UNLOCK BIOS DAMNIT. STOP REVIVING THIS THREAD. Even if you could unlock an x1900gt, an X1950xt is just as cheap and therefore retards the purpose of unlocking pipes.

get a real card. This aint an x1800gto. I don't think nvidia or ati will release anymore cards that can be upgraded to a card's level that costs a hundred bucks more.

Last edited:

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Sorry about the stick up your ass, I will bother you know more. What a dick. Mine was rev 2 anyway figured it out on my own later that it was useless. I know, whiny bitches who are to poor to afford x1950XTX or 8800s just trying to get a little more from there hardware, don't they just annoy you? I mean come on if you want something and cant afford it just stop feeding your kids or gassing up your car and you will have spending money in no time. Hell just steal it if you can so guys like chron aren't bothered.
Was just replying to a link recommending to check out this thread.

Hears a thought just make a new thread syaing x1900GTs can no longer be unlocked and to please leave you alone.

Changis

Processor AMD Opteron 165 (ccbbe) @ 3000 (CPU-Z ID: 125237 )
Motherboard Sapphrie A9RD580 (the White One) (with leaked ATI manta ref, board Bios)
Cooling Cpu: Corsair Nautilus 500 Watercooling Northbridge: T/T spirit II 2 80mm fans 1for HDD one for door
Memory 2x512 Kingston Hyper-x 3500 ddr434 2-2-2-5-1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1900XT 256MB
Storage Main: Samsung SP. 160G SataII Storage: 2x WD 320
Display(s) Fujitsu e212 / Daewoo 28" widescreen / dad's 42" HD-TV (when they are away;) or 1 of my 2 projektors
Case Custom Glow-in-the-dark painted PC Case! PM ME IF YOU KNOW ANY1 WITH THE SAME
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Mist 600W 4x12V@20A
Software Xp Pro
well next time, try reading the thread, instead of the 2 last pages of it and you would get any answer you wanted about identifying and unlocking X1900GT cards, since all this has been answered multiple times already in this thread.

Wouldnt you be annoyed too if someone new always asked the same question over and over again, even though it has already been answered?

Bottom line: (this is for all of you new people reading this thread wondering if you can unlock your GT)
Nope, sorry, nada, njet.. ca 3 (yes three) cards have been unlocked.. out of the thousand others. And no, flashing a X1900 AIW or XT256mb bios does nothing either
got a X1900GT and not happy with the performance.. buy a better card.. that is the only solution.

IF YOUR GB_PIPE_SELECT IS 0x3FE4 AND\OR IF YOUR CORE IS "PRO", THEN YOU CAN UNLOCK, IF IT ISN'T, NO UNLOCK FOR YOU
IF YOU HAVE THE REV.2 CARD (BIG RED COOLER) YOU CANNOT UNLOCK

That should clear things up.

now, If any mod is reading this thread, please close it or lock it or anything. it should be locked ages ago.... :banghead:

Last edited:

chron

Sorry about the stick up your ass, I will bother you know more. What a dick. Mine was rev 2 anyway figured it out on my own later that it was useless. I know, whiny bitches who are to poor to afford x1950XTX or 8800s just trying to get a little more from there hardware, don't they just annoy you? I mean come on if you want something and cant afford it just stop feeding your kids or gassing up your car and you will have spending money in no time. Hell just steal it if you can so guys like chron aren't bothered.
Was just replying to a link recommending to check out this thread.

Hears a thought just make a new thread syaing x1900GTs can no longer be unlocked and to please leave you alone.

ROFL lets analyze this little statement shal we? At newegg, a sapphire x1900gt 256mb is only 129 (pretty good money saver eh?.) The sapphire x1950xt 256mb is 209, which leaves an 80 dollar gap between the two cards. If eighty dollars is the difference between feeding your kids and gassing your car, THEN HELLO MORON: DON'T BUY THE CARD TO BEGIN WITH. IN FACT, SELL THE COMPUTER FOR GOD'S SAKES. Seriously, don't come up in here asking something that's been answered 100 times prior in the SAME THREAD and then bitch when someone responds with a little dose of reality. I personaly have an 8800GTS, which I bought for my self after saving my money. INDEED SAVING MONEY IS POSSIBLE OMFGZ0RZ

This has been delightful, thank you.

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Wouldnt you be annoyed too if someone new always asked the same question over and over again, even though it has already been answered?

No

I am sorry its different for people who still don't live at home and have their mommies and daddies who pay for everything. I am fine with what i got, I had success with my C3D X800 GTO so I thought it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Here is the thread i started http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=28110 and if you bother to look it was suggested to me by the mod Wazzledoozle that I see if its unlockable. Why do you guys even care? Tofu started the thread if he is no longer interested he can leave it alone, and so what if I didn't read every single page of the thread, its not like you started it and if you are so bothered, unsubscribe already. I can guarantee that there will be yet others who don't know about the revision changes or who are just plain new that will ask it again. I know Dolph and others still get asked about x800s being unlockable and they just politely say yes or no, not some dumbass diatribe about how dumb people are for asking questions. And if you had any experience with the whole "9800 and x800" unlocking times nothing there was ever absolute. Read my profile, go through my old posts if you think your so smart. I have helped and been helped around here alot longer than you have and see if I am some dumbass newb who has nothing better to do than ask a question at a placed designed for that very thing.

Last edited:

chron

First off, I never called you dumb. What I was saying in response to what you said should be viewed as common sense: If 80 bucks keeps you from feeding your kids and gassing your car then don't get the damn card to begin with, plain and simple. Do you feel this statement is over-simplified?

I do think I am, "so smart", but I gave no indication of this capital vice in any of my posts. Browsing through your previous posts and profile might stress some people's minds, but this wouldn't be an accurate way of measuring my own intelligence... I think I'll pass on that.

I love the crack about my "mommy and daddy" paying for everything btw. BRILLIANT! :laugh:

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
It was a generalization, I wasn't refering to myself just that people in genaral can't always afford to get the latest and greatest so if they can find a way to get more from there budget/hardware thats why they respond to threads with these kind of titles. You came accross like it was offensive to even ask. Didn't you read what you posted in response to my first post, I even stated that if there wasn't a chance or it was a bother never mind. I couldn't figure where the hostility came from.

I ask again why does it bother you so much, its not even your thread?

chron

I KNOW people can't always afford the latest and greatest; I am the shining example of such. This is why I save my money in order to get what I want. Its called budjeting your money. Why don't you lookup X1800GTOxt mod and tell me who basically ran that thread if you think your so smart derrrrrr. (I still don't understand what you meant earlier when you added "if you think your so smart" to the end of your sentance. Kinda funny sounding really. Are we in 3rd grade? lol) That X1800GTO was one of the best cards I've ever had, but I researched it's capabilities before purchasing. 12 pipes 500/500 transformed to 16 pipes 700/700 aint a bad overclock.

Stop trying to argue over nothing. The card doesn't unlock, end of discussion. Good luck saving your money and doing your research prior to buying next time. Sorry I'm such a rude bastard.

Last edited:

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Apology accepted, it just took a little thinking. I knew you would see reason. I still don't understand why you are so angry. they have therapy for that kinda stuff.

ROFL lets analyze this little statement shal we? At newegg, a sapphire x1900gt 256mb is only 129 (pretty good money saver eh?.) The sapphire x1950xt 256mb is 209, which leaves an 80 dollar gap between the two cards. If eighty dollars is the difference between feeding your kids and gassing your car, THEN HELLO MORON: DON'T BUY THE CARD TO BEGIN WITH. IN FACT, SELL THE COMPUTER FOR GOD'S SAKES. Seriously, don't come up in here asking something that's been answered 100 times prior in the SAME THREAD and then bitch when someone responds with a little dose of reality. I personaly have an 8800GTS, which I bought for my self after saving my money. INDEED SAVING MONEY IS POSSIBLE OMFGZ0RZ

Yes, you think you are the only person in the world now rite? :shadedshu

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard

On the point of not calling anyone anything read through your own posts, I am not questioning your intelligence just was trying to figure out where all the rage was coming from. Your first reply basically says get the hell away and buy something better if thats what you really want. Saying retard and other comments that weren't helpfull. I apolgize for my heavy handed response but I would never flame a poster just cause he asked a simple question.

chron

Yes, you think you are the only person in the world now rite? :shadedshu
I'm the only person in my world, so thats all that matters!!! (jp)
On the point of not calling anyone anything read through your own posts, I am not questioning your intelligence just was trying to figure out where all the rage was coming from. Your first reply basically says get the hell away and buy something better if thats what you really want. Saying retard and other comments that weren't helpfull. I apolgize for my heavy handed response but I would never flame a poster just cause he asked a simple question.

Ok, I wrote some big stupid response but its a bit of an overkill for an argument as petty as this.

I do want to explain something... The use of "retard" in my post was not to be taken offensive at all. "Bob wanted to retard his hair growth, so he started using special shampoo." Does the word retard come off as offensive in this sentance? The release of cheap X1950XT's retards the overall search for unlocking the X1900GT.

Lets get one thing clear: I was never in "rage." If anything, I was mostly in disgust (just slightly) at how lazy someone could be. Simply read the other posts next time. People do get annoyed when someone jumps into a thread with a long history, asking something that has been discussed over and over and over and over. I stay subscribed to the thread for the slight chance that someone is clever enough to find a way to unlock the card.

Sorry I made you cry.

BTW - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130082 EVGA 8800GTS, 260 after MIR. If you set thirty bucks a week aside, in a little over two months you'll be able to afford something like this. Its practical when you look at the price to performance ratio. I saved up my own money (25 a week) for four months to afford an 8800GTS 640mb. This is how I've built my entire system.

I too am a cheap bastard as I am a full time college student who works. Its hard to maintain my grades, my friends, my job, and my hobby, but I manage to do it (this is why I laughed so hard at your mommy and daddy comment ;))

Last edited:
System Name Custom.
Processor FX 8320e
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Cooling Liquid Freezer II, rev 3
Memory Kingston HyperX - 8GB
Video Card(s) MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4GB
Display(s) 22"
Power Supply Seasonic M12II 620 EVO Bronze
Software Manjaro-x64, W10
calling tofu !!!

hey tofu, can i fix unlock them pipelines...plz take a look

Attachments

• bios.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 384

prime95

Processor Athlon 64 x2 AM2 4200+ @ 2.6ghz
Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x 1GB Patriot 4-4-4-10 776mhz
Video Card(s) X1950XT 256MB Sapphire
Storage 250gb SATA 3gbs
Display(s) AG Neovo 19in Widescreen
Case Gigabyte Poseidon
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Power Supply Sparkle 550w
Software XP Professional SP2
i don't know why, but i was compelled to do this ....

Case Silverstone TJ-09
Software Windows7 32Bit
The thing is he already has the 1900gt, so he need it to perform better than stock.. yeah maybe he should of saved up his money a couple weeks longer and bought a 1950xt for 2/3rds more money.

I still have the 1900gt and am happy with it, I could of gotten(still can) get a 640mb 8800gts but I have some other things I am going to do with my money atm... so I got my bios modded since I'm not into software OC'in much and upped the volts to 1.325 in 3d mode maxxing it out in CCC and its quite a noticable difference at just 650/720 :). I am going to get the bios modded again, since I am fairly happy with my 1900gt still max I ever clocked it at was 1.4v 690/818. I think you NoNeed4me should do the same thing if software OC'in dont treat you right in your games. :) but find your max clock with software 1st ofc.

Ah you have the rev.2, it does not clock as high on the mem as mine. good luck on the OC'in

TO ANYONE ELSE WHO READS THIS DONT BOTHER TRYING TO UNLOCK, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.. IT HAPPENED TO MAYBE 3 CARDS OUT OF THOUSANDS OF REV.1 CARDS.. (and those were from the first batch).

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I have read through alot of the posts and my card doesn't seem to match others under ATItool it says "R580 XT2" and gb pipe select obviously doesn't match 0x227E4. When I load the bios under rabit 2.2 it doesn't say Pro or XL it says Radeon X1900/X1950 (R580). Not sure if this makes a difference so I will upload my bios if you want to look if not no biggy. I wanted a pro card but got my budget cut on my new rig and for $129 it was bettter than a x1600 series.

I am happy with this card, its just a hold over till I can get something better. I originally planned on getting a x1950 pro 512mb version now and then another later for internal crossfire, but my kids broke our printer and my wifes PDA broke so I took some of my new rig money to replace these items. I only posted in this thread cause Wazzldoozle told me to check it out.
If you read my first post all i said was that although it didn't match the other gbpipe select in the way described it wouldn't hurt to ask, I didn't mean to upset anyone. I even said if its not unlockable no big deal. It just seemed the replies by people who didn't even start the thread were very hostile, I mean look at some of the recent replies to guys asking the same question. I don't see this kinda stuff in the X800/X850 mod thread. I am talking to WazzlDoozle to see if the thread can be locked so no one is bothered anymore.
People from all over the world use these forums and alot of them are new and don't understand the intricacies of bios modding/flashing and will continue to aks these questions. Look out how long the x800/850 mod thread is and it is still going. We all were new once and I don't see why people who don't even run the thread can get so upset by a simple question when you can just reply politely "no your card can't unlock".

noneed4me2

Cooling Stock for now
Audio Device(s) Onboard
If you guys like I can monitor this thread till its locked and politely tell people if their cards are unlockable or not. It doesn't bother me getting asked the same question over and over cause they are so many different people from around the world and they don't understand that its not as easy as the 9800's and x800gto mods were.

chron

If you guys like I can monitor this thread till its locked and politely tell people if their cards are unlockable or not. It doesn't bother me getting asked the same question over and over cause they are so many different people from around the world and they don't understand that its not as easy as the 9800's and x800gto mods were.

I'm sure hundreds of people read through the thread and found their answer. Thats the purpose of the thread: to inform people. All the information known about this is inside this thread. To answer the same question over and over simply adds pointless pages to the thread.

But hey, what do I know. LETS KEEP HOPE ALIVE BROTHAS!

/unsubscribe