• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X600pro(PCI EXPRESS) help ...sorry

vizor

Hi guys im new to this place..From what i see it's an excellent site. Im hoping to be a regular on these boards and help out when I can. Now the question I have is that I own an Sapphire ati radeon X600pro(PCI-express) and On monday Im buying a Iceberq (All-in-One VGA & Chipset Cooling Kit) thats all copper for Overclocking it. Im wondering !st question: How can I keep the card overclocked?.Can I use an ATI radeon 9600XT bios because I cant find a X600XT bios anywhere.2:How can i keep it OCed for good? everytime i restart my compuer with Atitool The settings on the card reset. Any help would be usefull to me. and any Pointers to an ameteur like me will be useful. thanks.Also how can I tell which memory my card uses and which bios does it use?...Thanks

GoLLuM4444

vizor said:
Hi guys im new to this place..From what i see it's an excellent site. Im hoping to be a regular on these boards and help out when I can. Now the question I have is that I own an Sapphire ati radeon X600pro(PCI-express) and On monday Im buying a Iceberq (All-in-One VGA & Chipset Cooling Kit) thats all copper for Overclocking it. Im wondering !st question: How can I keep the card overclocked?.Can I use an ATI radeon 9600XT bios because I cant find a X600XT bios anywhere.2:How can i keep it OCed for good? everytime i restart my compuer with Atitool The settings on the card reset. Any help would be usefull to me. and any Pointers to an ameteur like me will be useful. thanks.Also how can I tell which memory my card uses and which bios does it use?...Thanks
1. The X600pro uses an RV380 chip. The 9600XT BIOS is designed for an RV360 chip and so i would definitely advise against using it. There is a BIOS for an X600XT on this site in the BIOS database (under ATi) which also uses an RV380 chip. I would use this one.

2. You can set ATitool to load a profile on startup but if you are downloading a new BIOS then you may as well set the frequencies that you want as its default frequencies by doing an advanced download, meaning you dont have to run ATitool on every startup.

If your memory says Hynix on it then I would think it would be Hynix 2.8 and therefore compatible with the above BIOS. If it is different you could dump your BIOS in ATitool and submit it to this site and I'm sure Wizzard will make it modifiable. To find out the exact memory type i would just search for what's written on the memory chips on the internet.