• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x700 problem

maximum-p

ok im not sure if its overheating but about 6 months ago i had a 9600pro and i thoght it was overheating because it didnt have a fan and i kept getting the VPU recover error thing when the computer locks up while im playing a game, so i bought an x700 witch has a fan and it ran fine for about 4 weeks and then sometimes when im playin bf2 it just stops and hangs the moniter goes on stand-by, i think it might be my motherboard overheating because i turned my computer off after 2 hours of playing and the heatsink was boiling hot and i dont think i have a system fan coz when i go into system health it says 0rpm but i have 1 fan on my video card, 1 in the power supply(witch was replaced a while ago) big one on my processor i just want to know how hot can a motherboard get till its dangerous and if it might be causing the crash thing

system specs:
p4 2.45ghz
x2 512mb ddr ram
x700 video card

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
Is the computer dusty inside? If so clean it up, and make sure you tuck all your cables out of the air flow of the fans. Get some more fans in there too if you can. Does it just do this in BF2 thought? Cause I get the same problem sometimes. Your playing and it just stops/hangs, and the monitor will sometimes shutoff. There are still problems with BF just freezing and crashing...

-Dan

maximum-p

not much room in der for another fan does look a bit dusty but the video card looks clean ill try with cs and get back 2 u