• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 pro bios flash HELP!! can´t go back

cuco

I tried to flash my x800 pro vivo build by ati to a 16p x800 pro bios, i used flashrom.exe after make a back up of my original bios. Flashed success, reboot and the computer do not init my monitor. Locks before the bios (a vga bios problem i think).

I cant reflash to my backup, because i cant boot any computer with my vga inserted. If i try to boot with a pci card, there is no problem all machines boot. But of course to reflash my x800 it must be inserted in the computer. When i do it. The computers dont boot (same problem as if i dont use a pci card). Tried 4 machines, 4 different mobos and mobos chipsets and manufacturers. Only with a "old" athlon xp mobo, from msi (i think) i can see the bios on my screen with both cards inserteds but it wont boot, hangs at irq init (i think). How i can go back to my original bios? Help! thnx.

PD. The bios setting init display first is set to pci on all mobos, also tried to do it with agp, wont work. (Sorry for my english :D )

Last edited:

tomslick

take the agp card out put in the pci boot to your motherboard bios and set it to boot to pci/agp. Turn off your computer reinstal the agp leaving the monitor on the pci card. Insert your the flopppy with your bootable falshrom disk boot up and do the flash after flash turn off your computer move the monitor to the agp card and remove the pci card.
It never failed for me.