• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x800 pro his iceq

deviance

if i get that card and its ViVO, which bios version should i use to softmod it to x800 xt? will it be fully working x800 'XT'? and if it doesnt work, what do to? :) please reply :p

edit: and which atitool should i use :p

acrowley23

All Vivo Cards are full XT Chips !! Fact!
Some, most newer Cards, cannot reach the XT-PE 520_560 Speed ! But with XT 500_500 Bios it should be no Problem!

The 16Pipes you can get 100% cause its the same "16Pipes Quality" like on a XT !
Theres not one Card out there with damaged Pipes cause the Flash or somewhat! 100% Succes..

With this you cannot make anything wrong ! Test the clock before you flash it !
You only can get a blackscreen after Flashing...not bad!

I suggest to use the Connect3D XT 500_500 Bios.. Vivo will match 500_500 Clock 99%! If not, you can edit a XT Bios with rabit 1.6 ,to use lower Clock..Or you use the Pro Bios, but with 16Pipes....
To flash it on 16Pipes you can use the modified flashrom with a XT Bios. Or you can go the "Gigabyte Way" with Gigabyte Flashtool and Gigabyte XT-PE Bios!

To test the safe max clock ,dont use ati Tool 0.23beta 6-8! Many X800 User report to low, wrong Scanning with this beta...Rendering Code produce Errors...
It gives to low MEM Clock! I actually use older 0.22final or AtiTrayTool 101.386 ,this will give you exactly the right max clockRates and is 100% safe.

But dont use find max Functions! Test it manually with Artifact Scan (i suggest AtiTrayTool 101.386 or AtiTool 0.22) !
After that make another Test for the Mem Clock with 3dm03 Ragtroll Test
Looping under max Settings and with no CaseCooling..! And also with MotheNature Test
for the GPU, Settings on max and in Looping mode for a few Hours!
So you find out a very good max ClockRate for your X800 Card what all Time is stable!

Do it.... :)

Last edited:

deviance

acrowley23 said:
All Vivo Cards are full XT Chips !! Fact!
Some, most newer Cards, cannot reach the XT-PE 520_560 Speed ! But with XT 500_500 Bios it should be no Problem!

The 16Pipes you can get 100% cause its the same "16Pipes Quality" like on a XT !
Theres not one Card out there with damaged Pipes cause the Flash or somewhat! 100% Succes..

With this you cannot make anything wrong ! Test the clock before you flash it !
You only can get a blackscreen after Flashing...not bad!

I suggest to use the Connect3D XT 500_500 Bios.. Vivo will match 500_500 Clock 99%! If not, you can edit a XT Bios with rabit 1.6 ,to use lower Clock..Or you use the Pro Bios, but with 16Pipes....
To flash it on 16Pipes you can use the modified flashrom with a XT Bios. Or you can go the "Gigabyte Way" with Gigabyte Flashtool and Gigabyte XT-PE Bios!

To test the safe max clock ,dont use ati Tool 0.23beta 6-8! Many X800 User report to low, wrong Scanning with this beta...Rendering Code produce Errors...
It gives to low MEM Clock! I actually use older 0.22final or AtiTrayTool 101.386 ,this will give you exactly the right max clockRates and is 100% safe.

But dont use find max Functions! Test it manually with Artifact Scan (i suggest AtiTrayTool 101.386 or AtiTool 0.22) !
After that make another Test for the Mem Clock with 3dm03 Ragtroll Test
Looping under max Settings and with no CaseCooling..! And also with MotheNature Test
for the GPU, Settings on max and in Looping mode for a few Hours!
So you find out a very good max ClockRate for your X800 Card what all Time is stable!

Do it.... :)
but which bios should i use? HIS, Connect3D.. ? I thought HIS one from x800 XT PE should be the best for HIS x800 PRO.. what do you guys think? :p

Shooter_one

I hope this is not Hyjacking. but I have the same problems with my X800 I do know it is no a VIVO. somewhere I saw the name but now cannot remember what it was. It says it was made by ATI Technologies Inc.. Crucil sold me the card I think they only added the Memory. but I am not sure. I have ATI tools 0.0.22 and see that I have 12 pipes and can adjust the core and memory speeds. but , I am concerned about flashing the Bios even though I read that no cards have been damaged. only black screen and all you have to do is reflash it back to the Original Bios.. I bought the card in may of 04 so cruical had just started shipping them . does the vivo card let you know this through a system Hardware ID.? can I feel safe to flash and at least I will know if the pipes are locked.. Thanks for any help. I did not know the pro cards was supposed the be the value card when I bought it for $ 480.00 I just thought I was saving 20 bucks...lol

zealot`grr

moved the thread... also try the forum search and read the other threads about ViVos & stuff :)