• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 PRO (not VIVO) dosent have lazer cut bridge?

tazz0r

This is kinda wierd i think...
I want to mod my powercolor x800 pro (not vivo) into an x800 xt and ive heard that I can just join the dots up over the lazer cut bridge and then reflash it to an XT, but when I come to taking my cooler off, I look and see that there is no lazer cut bridge, where people would normally join the dot connection points up? So basically there is 4 dots (just like the XT) and no lazer cut bridge ? whats that all about? Is my card shipped as a 16p unlocked x800pro non VIVO?, so the same as a x800 pro vivo? Im not understanding this, and I need to get this right else i will bodge my card :(

Also, does anyone know if these cards flash well, and which bios to flash it to. I looked on the bios collection, and found the x800 pro VIVO bios and downloaded that, and also found the x800 XT bios and downloaded that, although i could not find an x800 pro NON VIVO bios, would this be another reason to suggest that my card is 16p unlocked already? Could someone point in the right direction and precedure on how to re-flash my card, once I fianlly have the right bios :D Im not familiar with re-flashing gfx cards, im kinda new on this scene.

Sorry for my long post, and dumbness, just need a little help :D

Much appreciated :D

System Name Onus
Processor E8500 @ 3.95ghz ~1.25v
Motherboard ASUS P5E Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Orochi cpu, 5x 120mm Zalman red LED case fans, stock GPU coolers
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G.Skill PC8000 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS 3870x2s
Storage 4x160gb RAID 0 Main, 2x 500gb RAID 0 media storage.
Display(s) LG W2600H
Case Lian Li PC-A70B, painted black and other modded aspects :)
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, lots of games, photoshop n stuff.
You can't flash to XT PE, because you don't have the Vivo plug or the ATI Rage Theater chip. However, you can still get a huge performance gain by flashing to x800 Pro 16p and then overclocking manually.

tazz0r

wtf8269 said:
You can't flash to XT PE, because you don't have the Vivo plug or the ATI Rage Theater chip. However, you can still get a huge performance gain by flashing to x800 Pro 16p and then overclocking manually.

Can you suggest where I can get this bios from, and will I not have to unlock the extra 4 pipelines on my card then? I thought that I could only get 16pl's If I did a hardmod, but as you;ve read, My card does not have that lazer cut. Where can I get the bios that you are on about, because the range of bios's int he bios collection are normal bios's, i cannot see a bios that is for my card, or will enable 16pl's

Please help :confused:

FatMaserati

I hardmodded my X800 Pro non-VIVO to 16 pipelines, and I am using the ATI X800 Pro bios. Everytime I used a VIVO bios, or XT or XT PE bios, I kept on getting messages to install the extra drivers needed. I was just told to ignore this, but it kept on crashing my comp.

Check it with ATITool to see if 16 pipelines are enabled. If not, then flash it with the ATI X800 Pro bios, just to see if that enables them.

Processor X5470 @ 4.1
Motherboard Asus P5Q pro
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 6GB corsair 1066
Video Card(s) HIS 6970
Display(s) 34" ultrawide
Case antec 700
Power Supply Corsiar 750 watt
Mouse Razer Taipan
Keyboard Razer Arctosa
Software Win 8.1 64 bit
Make sure you backup your BIOS before you flash and also make sure you know how to flash it back to 12 pipes because there's a good chance one or more of those pipelines are broken. Reading other threads and forums it seems that the newer 12 pipe chips have a high possibility of bad pipelines. The older chips with laser cuts were done so you cant use the good pipelines. IMO ATI is using the 16 pipe chips that can't clock to XT speed for X800XL's.

tazz0r

Ok, well the link you gave me to the bios collection does not have the bios that I am looking for x800 pro (NON VIVO), they are all either x800 pro (vivo) or x800 xt.
Can someone help me about my x800 not having the lazer cut bridge on my x800 pro (non vivo) i thought this was very strange.

Processor X5470 @ 4.1
Motherboard Asus P5Q pro
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 6GB corsair 1066
Video Card(s) HIS 6970
Display(s) 34" ultrawide
Case antec 700
Power Supply Corsiar 750 watt
Mouse Razer Taipan
Keyboard Razer Arctosa
Software Win 8.1 64 bit
If I remember right some people flashed to 16 pipes using the Gigabyte BIOS then flashed back to their original BIOS. I think the large failure rate at first was due to the laser cut. There were issues with the RAGE chip missing as well so if you do successfully flash be ready to flash back. Here’s a link with ALOT of info if you want to dig http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33766704&page=1&pp=30 :cool:

newoby1

I got similar problem as yours. I got x800 pro (PCIE), which I open the cooler and found that no cut on the chip. I tried to flash x800 xl bios to it. It still has 12 pipelines. I also tried x800xt bios, it is same.
I am sure that Ati uses some other tools to lock it.
Good luck

gatt767

It seems that the PCI express cards are not able to get modded to 16 Pipelines, only the AGP varient can be modded!