• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 pro VIVO to X800 XT conversion

bruceh

I own a new Sapphire X800 pro VIVO (256DDR3) that (curiously) has the slower 2.0 ns rams. Is it still possible to do the BIOS mod to gain the other 4 pixel pipes? Also, I see references to an X800 pro VIVO BIOS that unlocks the extra 4 pixel pipes, and nothing more. Where is it? :confused:

bruceh

PCI-E it definitely is.

It's definitely PCI-e (I have an MSI 925XE motherboard), and the chips are clearly labelled GC2.0. There is another thread somewhere on this forum that I read yesterday by someone who got the same card (or so it would seem). Not only did he have the 2.0 memory, it also had the laser cut! He attempted to do the mod, and was unseccessful. Thus, my investigation. Maybe the newest ones off out of the plant have been blocked somehow.

Christer

Processor AMD San Diego 4000
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Vapochill and 6 fans
Memory 1GB Platinum XMS at 225mhz
Video Card(s) Gainward 7800GTX
Storage total ca. 600GB
Display(s) Acer 19"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) Creative
Power Supply Enermax Noisetaker 465W
Software XP Pro
Hi, I had a X800Pro VIVO with 2.0ns memory and PCI-E. I flashed to XT speeds and 16 pipelines no problem (ok, it was a bit fiddly but even I could do it). Mine was a Powercolor.

TheWretched

I have the same card and neither BIOS flashes or hard-mods work to unlock the pipes...sorry :(