• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

Xenn0X

nop flash only with vivo,
normal pro has lasercut on pcb you need to unlock that..

U

Unregistered

Yeah ..

i have seen that ... the Memory on it has 2,0ns right? So it is protected i think ... oh boy ... *sigh*.

Well i hope the card is not shipped yet, so i can give it back to the merchant.

:( ... bye

Freddy23

First of all great Mod Description, thx W1zzard !

Does anybody know if the Vivo to XT mod is always successful? Are there possible checkerboards or other interferences after modding?
And which Heatsink do you guys recommend?

...looks like I don't have to wait for a XT card ;-)

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Freddy23 said:
First of all great Mod Description, thx W1zzard !

Does anybody know if the Vivo to XT mod is always successful? Are there possible checkerboards or other interferences after modding?
And which Heatsink do you guys recommend?

...looks like I don't have to wait for a XT card ;-)

Defiantly not 100% ... research the specs and make sure your card meets the requirements... then it's a toss up on the 4 pipes working. However with the flashrom tool here you can flash back to the original BIOS if you have issues....

Freddy23

I bought a Sapphire x800 pro VIVO yesterday, 1.6 ms Ram from Samsung on it.
Well, after flashing the card was recognized as XT PE , works perfectly with standard clock speed 520/560 and the nice Overdrive thing even overclocks the card...ahhh great :)
Thx every1 and good luck with overclocking

B

babalou

I could use some advice if you folks don't mind.

I bought a BBA ATI X800 Pro,
I tried to flash using the gigabyte bios/utility, but after checking with ati tool, it still had 12 pipes.
SO I flashed back to my original.

Ati Tool shows my device as a 4A49.
I have Samsung ram on my board, although I'm not sure where to tell if its 1.6 or not.

I had read that the 4A49 was a no go, but I have also read that it does work..
As you can see, this is a pretty confusing scenerio.

Does anybody beleive that I can unlock those extra pipes?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Baboula... It needs to be a X800Pro VIVO ( look for the ATI Theater chip on the back ) to do the softmod... Just a Pro has a laser cut and can not be softmodded

U

Unregistered

Thanks for your reply
Looking at the card now, I see a Rage Theater chip.
I can always take the card out if you need numbers from it.
I'm looking through my side window

B

babalou

oh well I tried again using your instructions, and the ATI Bios, and it won't unlock the extra pipes.
So I guess my card even though a VIVO, must be laser locked.

B

Babalou

Sorry for the double post..
But I spoke too soon..
I re-installed my drivers and checked ATI Tool again, now it says 16 pipes!
Is this for real I wonder?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
benchmark the card and you know

R

ronsha

From X800Pro to X800XT

I did the bios flash and this happend !

In atiTool I still have 12 pipeline's
My default core is 520 / memory 560

After flashing I should have 16 pipeline's ?

Help needed, how can I fix this ?????

Thanks,

Ronsha

B

babalou

ronsha

After I flashed, ATI Tool still said I had 12 pipelines.
It was after I installed the drivers that I got 16 pipelines to show up.

So try to install drivers, and check again

L

LogaII

Hi all

I flashed my Club 3D vivo with the modified flashrom and ATI X800XT bios and rebooted.
It still said 12 pipes, then I flashed with the Gigabyte flash program and still 12 pipes.
My fault was not to wait for the display drivers to reinstall it turned out, because after they where reinstalled it said 16 pipes. GREAT. Thanks W1zzard :)

I still have one problem VIVO does not install - I have two unknown devices - and pointing to the right drivers does not work - is this normal or do I have to use a different XT bios. I still have the Gigabyte bios.??? Is there a XT PE VIVO driver ??

Thanks in advance
LogaII

T

Totenmond

Urlyin said:
Baboula... It needs to be a X800Pro VIVO ( look for the ATI Theater chip on the back ) to do the softmod... Just a Pro has a laser cut and can not be softmodded

Hello, by reading this post i think its clear that i can´t flash my X800 Pro non-vivo to a XT, but i just wanted to ask because i want to know an not to believe ;) So it´s impossible to flash a non-vivo X800 Pro to a XT?

pablofrogo

Yes, it is unfortuantely. At this point in time anyway....

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
LogaII said:
Hi all

I flashed my Club 3D vivo with the modified flashrom and ATI X800XT bios and rebooted.
It still said 12 pipes, then I flashed with the Gigabyte flash program and still 12 pipes.
My fault was not to wait for the display drivers to reinstall it turned out, because after they where reinstalled it said 16 pipes. GREAT. Thanks W1zzard :)

I still have one problem VIVO does not install - I have two unknown devices - and pointing to the right drivers does not work - is this normal or do I have to use a different XT bios. I still have the Gigabyte bios.??? Is there a XT PE VIVO driver ??

Thanks in advance
LogaII
I had that problem when I used the Doom3 fix 4.9 cat beta drivers... try the 4.8 cat drivers... it worked for me ... also I thought the ATI BIOS worked the best...

Lt.Nutter

hi guys,

i have a vivo version of the x800 pro, so this thread has caused some interest from me. I was wondering the first step - to check that the card can run at the stock X800XT speeds of 520 core/ 560 on the ram - through ATi Tool? If so, how long should i run it for.

if no errors are found, is it unlikely i will have to do any volt modding or anything? i am just thinking if i do this bios update, and it enables 16 pipelines, that more juice will be required?

thanks, in advance.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
set xt pe clocks and PLAY your favourite games .. that the best test imo .. atitool artifact detection on x800 isnt that great yet ..

should have no power/heat issues when going to 16p .. pro vivo is physically the same card as xt pe

Lt.Nutter

hey W1zzard, thanks. how long would you game for before classifying it capable of XT speeds?

also should loops of 3dmark03 do the trick too? come back after a while and see if theres any artifacts?

also, is the arctic cooling ATI 4 cooler recommended? i think i should look at aftermarket cooling if i do this bios upgrade.

thank you

*update*

i have played games for several hours, ran 3dmark 03 in loops and used the ati tool to test. it looks like it runs fine over XT speeds! does this mean the only thing stopping it from being flashed to x800xt its now the 50/50 as to whether the 4 Additional pipelines aren't bad or anything?

Last edited:
B

babalou

Thats pretty much it!
Use ATI Tool perhaps to verify the heat after playing your card for awhile.
If your not too high, then your probably safe and can set those clocks.
but theres always the modified bios that runs at pro speeds with 16 pipes.
That is what I used for now, I plan on putting cooling on the ram since ATI doesn't beleive in that.

Lt.Nutter

thanks babalou,

i left it on last night running 3dmark03 in loops. when i woke up, there were no visible artifacts (question: i assume i am looking for white specs or out of place stuff or corruption in the screen colours?) so it had ran for quite a while.

i decided what the hell. i purchased that VGA Silencer ATi 4 cooler. currently ATi Tool has been scanning for artifacts at 520/560 for around an hour or so now. Its a bit bulky but it is overall pretty good. i like the ram cooling.

temperature reported fluctuates from 43|42 to 42|43 (GPU Temp|Temp of Temp chip) i assume this is not too high.
i admit i have used ATi tools override option and i have the fan set to 100% and i still can't hear it, so that would probably explain the lowish GPU temperature?

forgive me. i like to be 110% certain things are stable before attempting to flash it to XT speeds :p

P.S. am i wrong to assume that the 4 currently disabled pipelines should be error-free? (as it's a VIVO) or is it still a gamble if theyre not still erroneous? (as in, result in artifacts or something?)

thanks!

*update*

hellooooo X800XT :eek: :cool: :D
i see core temperature has gone up 5-6 degrees under load , with the additional 4 pipelines activated.

thank you to W1zzard, for your knowledge. :cool:

Last edited:
B

Babalou

Seems like you got a stable card!

I haven't gotten into permanently clocking mine to those speeds yet, I'd like to get better cooling.
But I have used Ati Tool to clock it to XT speeds for gaming, and it runs great, still runs at the same temps as it does a Pro speeds.
Although I can't speak for the memory, as AtiTool only registers the Core.

As far as the extra pipes being faulty, I guess its possible as these Pro cards possibly might have been the ones that didn't make the cut to XT's.

You likely would notice with some sort of visual problems if that was the case with your card,
as your trying to utilize 4 pipes that are damaged.

I shall begin my search for better cooling ;-)

U

Unregistered

16pipes & xtpe bios on x800provivo

W1zzard said:
use modified flashrom and flash your original bios back to get 12p

I have flashed my card with gigabyte, and it worked ok, but now I want to fash it back to 12 pipes & original bios.

your description does not seem to work! I use your modified flashrom and try to flash the 56kb-bin file bios but get only "ERROR01F1"

however if I then try to flash a 54kb rom file bios it works ok. but then again... I'm stuck with 16pipes.

how do I flash the renamed X800PROVIVO (BIN file) without getting ERROR? (tried "everything"! I even managed to reboot without working bios, so I had to flash again without seeing anything on my screen! I was pretty hot at one point there:)