• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

mariuski

Unregistered said:
I have flashed my card with gigabyte, and it worked ok, but now I want to fash it back to 12 pipes & original bios.

your description does not seem to work! I use your modified flashrom and try to flash the 56kb-bin file bios but get only "ERROR01F1"

however if I then try to flash a 54kb rom file bios it works ok. but then again... I'm stuck with 16pipes.

how do I flash the renamed X800PROVIVO (BIN file) without getting ERROR? (tried "everything"! I even managed to reboot without working bios, so I had to flash again without seeing anything on my screen! I was pretty hot at one point there:)

oh, by the way! Now I'm registerred!

Marius

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
I have flashed my card with gigabyte, and it worked ok, but now I want to fash it back to 12 pipes & original bios.

your description does not seem to work! I use your modified flashrom and try to flash the 56kb-bin file bios but get only "ERROR01F1"

however if I then try to flash a 54kb rom file bios it works ok. but then again... I'm stuck with 16pipes.

how do I flash the renamed X800PROVIVO (BIN file) without getting ERROR? (tried "everything"! I even managed to reboot without working bios, so I had to flash again without seeing anything on my screen! I was pretty hot at one point there:)
From Wombat...When you are using a boot floppy you should use the naming specification of this mode.
8 letters and extension. Just rename the rom file
Which means rename the X800PROVIVO to 8 characters are less...

Does that help?

pablofrogo

mariuski, you flashed with Gigabyte... Doesn't that mean you can't flash back?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
pablofrogo said:

Your suppose to be able to with the flashrom here or use empty.bios and flash to your original bios

mariuski

x800provivo to xtpe mod

pablofrogo said:

Never say never!

I THINK I can flash back with the modified flashrom! (I just have to learn how to make an "emty.bin" and make it "swallow" my bios) At least I can flash other Bios'es, either xtpe or provivo or whatever.

However, so far I'm not satisfied with performance and would like to reset the bios by flashing it with a "blank" bios, folowed up with the original ProVivo bios and hopefully close the last 4 pipelines.

I think I've got a "not so good"- card, and that I should keep default speeds and pipes!

Now, with original vga-bios, running 3dmark03 on default speed vs 500/500 the results differs only by 2-300 points at the most.

If I, instead of tweaking clock/mem speed on VGA card, tweak up FSB on mobo-bios from default 200 to 225 I get an encrease in 3dmark03 of about 2000 points, and if I try vga speed 500/500 with fsb on 225 3d-score dont get any higher. only decrease quality on frames. (I get spikes and triangles on screen)
I'm not even close to reach xtpe speeds even when I use xtpe bios.
winxp recognize my card as xtpe when using that bios, but it's just like putting a star from Mercedes on a Fiat. (Look's better but is just the same)

Last edited:

mariuski

Urlyin said:
From Wombat...When you are using a boot floppy you should use the naming specification of this mode.
8 letters and extension. Just rename the rom file
Which means rename the X800PROVIVO to 8 characters are less...

Does that help?

I think I'm gonna try renaming ATI.X800PROVIVO (bin-file) to ax800pv (or something). I hope maybe ati-bios is better than my sapphire bios.

the "rom-bios'es" I have are only 53,5kb but the "bin-bios'es" is 55,5kb.
isnt it better to use the bin-files?

mariuski

Don't EVER give up trying!

Managed to flash back to 12 pipes and no problems! (so far)

modyfied flashrom from W1zzard's receipt and Sapphire x800provivo bios from the bios collection. (renamed the bios to x800pro)

thanks guy's! knowledge is everything!

C

Coppertop

does the official X800 pro 256 from Ati.com have VIVO connectors

does the official X800 pro 256 from Ati.com have VIVO connectors...
I´m looking into getting one for myself but the only computerstore i get discounts at in the area, only has the official card direct from ati....

Do you think that is softmoddable to XT ??

With thanks
Stefán

B

Babalou

I got my card through Futureshop.
It is a Built By ATI product.

I had no problem unlocking the extra pipelines, using the method provided here.

Correct me if i'm wrong but ATI's own live of cards are all VIVO's
I've not had one that wasn't since the original radeon.

C

cowboyb

I just got the x800 pro and then I read this post, doh!
Will there ever be a way that I can open the remaining 4 piplines? I just updated the flash and it increased the mem/clockspeed, but I still have only 12 piplines. Should I keep this card or get the PNY 6800GT 1gmem/350clock?

U

Unregistered

I just got a MSI RX800 Pro TVD 256 (==> X800 Pro VIVO) here in France. Unlocked the 16 pipes without any problem, but I run with the X800 Pro speed 16 pipes BIOS, because I can only be at 520/490. A VGA Silencer will maybe help, but I won't buy it now, because this card is far enough powerfull for a lot of months :)

Xenn0X

i pushed the voltmod to 1.5v and getting 570/610 now on a external waterchiller. hitting 15k in 3dmark 03. oc'd my cpu from 3.2 ghz till 4 ghz and that in a shuttle barebone lol. just wanted to test the max:)

U

Unregistered

I have a PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 VIVO but the ati xt bios caused problems and so did the 16 pipeline only bios.
But the card will run standard 12 pipelines at 520/560 ???
What can i use to see gfx voltages , im using a gigabyte 8penxp mobo and in bios you can change agp voltage 0.01+ , 0.02+ or 0.03+

B

Babalou

========>cowboyb

Did you install the drivers after the flash?
Myself after flashing still only saw 12 pipes, untill I installed the video drivers.

C

cowboyb

yeah I did, its a x800pro not VIVO. I just returned it and got the 6800gt. Did you manage to get a standard x800pro to work with 16piplines? are all x800pro's vivo? Mine didnt work right.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sick

I have a Sapphire X800 Pro ( laser cut :( ) and i try this hardmod (pic), i still have 12 pipes :(...
Someone knows another way to unlock the 4 pipes??? Thnx :....

C

cowboyb

This is the only thread I can type in, how do I get to type in the other threads under videocards and such? Also anyone know where I can get a x800 XT for a good price?

M

mr-rusty

Works a treat :) Ordered my HIS X800 Pro IceQ II from www.ebuyer.com on Monday and when it arrived it was a VIVO (what an unexpected and very pleasant surprise)... checked the GPU and no laser cut, 1.6ns RAM so after re-assembling with some Artic Silver on GPU & RAM and checking it would run at 520/560 I flashed with the HIS X800 XT BIOS and 16 pipelines enabled fine... superb... thanks W1zzard.. Far Cry never looked so good! 8-D

S

SoCa

Hey Wizzard.
Ich hab mir mal die Sapphire x800pro toxic Vivo angeschaut.. die dürfte man doch auch flashen können, oder?

U

Unregistered

Greeting,

what is considered a safe temperature? I have X800XT PE bios running, fine in games and no artefacting. ATITool reports no errors for 8 - 9 hours

temperature reported : 59/55 Degrees Celcius - is this fine?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
55/59c would be a good temp for your XT.... I would be concerned if you went over 80c... the cards are rated for higher temps but that's a lot of heat in your case and with the after market HSF out there why would you let it...

T

Tiago

X800 pro ViVo

Hi to all. My name is Tiago, and i´m from Portugal.

I recently purchased a X800Pro, and i was searching the www to check if i could "Mod" it to XT and i crashed at this excelente site. I downloaded ATItool and checked if my card eas ViVO. IT is !! :) i´m very pleased with that ... but i am not sure if i should flash my bios.
I have absolutely no experience with this and i´m afraid i just to greedy cause this card is excellent and i can play all games.
Do you really think it worth doing this?
How cab i check my card hold´s up to that temperatures.
How can i flahs the Bios (detailed instrutins please i really am a noob here)

Thanks a lot to all.

U

Unregistered

hi, i just scanned for artifacts on my unflashed asus x800 pro vivo with atitool.
When i put it on 520/560 it gives me 1 pixel that doesn't match after 3 minutes.
Also the temps in atitool go to 72/55 when i scan for artifacts.
If i put it on 510/550 it gives me no artifacts after 7 minutes of scanning, but the temps stay high ( 71/55 )

Is that to high to convert it too a XT ? Also, is it possible to permanently use the 510/550 values?

And if i flash it to an XT, should i use an asus XT bios, or the ati xt bios ?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
dont worry about temperature or additional cooling needed - the pro, pro vivo and xt all have the same cooling