• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

U

Unregistered

yeagh, but i wondered, if you scan for artifacts or open 3D tool, what's the maximum 'safe' temperature ?

U

Unregistered

Hmm, I have a HIS Radeon X800Pro ICEQ II 256MB ViVo.

I ran the artifact scan with 520/560 for 5 minutes with no dead pixels 35/50.
Isn't it so that 2.0ns memory only can handle 560, and 1.6ns up to 600. If I clock over 560 with my card and run stable should I presume I can safetly flash my card? It's ordered from 20 August.

I'm a bit afraid of removing the cooling.

Iax

Thanks

Thank you!!!!
This saved me!
I have a saphire pro vivo and had previously done the gigabit flash, then flash back to original and keep the 16 pipes. And it worked great for most things, dawn of war, rome total war. BUT in doom3 and in the ATI demo 'crowd' I would get this annoying grid of blocks effect ontop of what was supposed to be the smoke effect. (the black smoke in crowd, and the spaceship engines in doom3)
Then when I went and checked atitool, the same block effect was in the background, not on the 3d object!

I tried everything to fix it, but it didnt go away, new cat drivers just made it more pronounced in doom3.
I thought I had wrecked a 500 dollar card.
But your modified flashrom, and the stock saphire pro vivo bios, and now im back to 12 pipes and im not seeing those blocks anwhere yet.
If anyone knows how I can get 16 pipes and no blocks please tell.
thanks again.

Spyder187

Yes you should be able to presume that you can safely flash your card. I haven't done it myself but it looks like I'll be picking up a Sapphire X800Pro Vivo really soon. Can't wait to try this.

After flashing, even if you get some artifacts, I think it should be alright just as long as you don't play any games on it. Seems if you do get artifacts, the best thing to do is to dload the x800pro16 bios or the 500/500xt bios before doing anything else.

Good luck with the flash~

F

Frumpco_

Is there a way to get a AGP card to post after accidenly clearing the BIOS and having the machine restart on you? I have put in a PCI card set it to the default display int he bios but when I put the X800 in there the comptuer will not POST it just cont to beep

any idea's? I know once I get it post I will be fine and able to flash it again

Lucas-10

Frumpco_ said:
Is there a way to get a AGP card to post after accidenly clearing the BIOS and having the machine restart on you? I have put in a PCI card set it to the default display int he bios but when I put the X800 in there the comptuer will not POST it just cont to beep

any idea's? I know once I get it post I will be fine and able to flash it again

It’s a not solution but can help you :eek:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=699

F

Frumpco_

Thanks, I tried that advice but no luck it would either A not get past post or if it did get past post flashrom was unable to see any ATI cards. I also tried that in 2 diff machines and still no luck so I am thinking that this maybe a paper weight, a nice looking very expensive paper weight

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Frumpco ... just a thought but have you tried the pci card in a different slot? or even a different pci card? for instance try slot three instead of slot one ...

U

Unregistered

ASus x800 Pro TD

Hi all,

Played around with my Asus x800 pro TD non vivo version last night seemed to work fine with the asus x800XT bios found on the webite, but when i started windows everything looked fine till the system tried to detect the RAge Video Chip set on the Vivo Version then restarted the machine. I'm hoping that i can get around the Plug and play detecion, Luckly i backup my old bios and was able to go back with out any issues.

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get around the auto detect, i ahve tried to boot in VGA mode, and safe mode but cant see the device to diable it.

JOLLI

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
Hi all,

Played around with my Asus x800 pro TD non vivo version last night seemed to work fine with the asus x800XT bios found on the webite, but when i started windows everything looked fine till the system tried to detect the RAge Video Chip set on the Vivo Version then restarted the machine. I'm hoping that i can get around the Plug and play detecion, Luckly i backup my old bios and was able to go back with out any issues.

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get around the auto detect, i ahve tried to boot in VGA mode, and safe mode but cant see the device to diable it.

JOLLI

You might try the beta cat 4.9 drivers ... When I tried them that was an issue with the beta that they didn't install the VIVO drivers .... Use the ATItool to see if you have enabled the 4 extra pipes... I don't think they will ... good luck

U

Unregistered

Thanks Urlyin,

I'll give it a go, i was just interested to see if this thing would work anyways once i get home ill give it a go, One thing i did notice is that when the system restsrted after the mod the system first detected the X800 pro again.... let see what happens

JOLLI

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Jolli... you may need to reinstall the video drivers before it will detect it as an XT... still think it's highly unlikely that you'll have the 16 pipes though... sorry :(

U

Unregistered

Just to be clear:

I have a HIS Excalibur X800 Pro IceQII ViVo.

Following your guide, would I download the BIOS for a "X800 XT PE IceQ II (AGP) 256 MB" as written on the BIOS page?

Thanks.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
You can try that one... certain cards seem to do better with different BIOS. I like the ATI BIOS myself... works well on my Sapphire X800 pro @ XT. Have you read through the thread? Some steps you should take before you flash... like ocing the card to XT speeds to see if it can handle it..... good luck :)

B

beanfondler

I made a little bit of a mistake, I have a Powercolor x800pro vivo. I'd flashed it to enable the extra four pipes, they were enabled but either I wasn't getting enough volts or the extra pipes weren't functional. So I wanted to flash back to 12 pipes, I used the "empty.bin" to get rid of all the bios that I had flashed before, and I had my original x800pro vivo bios ready to flash afterwards. The empty.bin bios went nicely but the x800pro bios were corrupted and wouldn't access off of the floppy, so I was going to wait until I could get on another computer and get the bios.... That was yesterday, now I get home today, and I am ready to try and reinstall the x800 pro vivo bios, but a pesky member of my family had turned my computer off... Now the card isn't functioning too well.

So to summarize, I flashed the "empty.bin" file to clear all the old bios and my computer was turned off before I could reinstall the x800pro bios.

So my question is this... Is my card raped, or is it possible to flash it back to an x800 pro?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
beanfondler said:
I made a little bit of a mistake, I have a Powercolor x800pro vivo. I'd flashed it to enable the extra four pipes, they were enabled but either I wasn't getting enough volts or the extra pipes weren't functional. So I wanted to flash back to 12 pipes, I used the "empty.bin" to get rid of all the bios that I had flashed before, and I had my original x800pro vivo bios ready to flash afterwards. The empty.bin bios went nicely but the x800pro bios were corrupted and wouldn't access off of the floppy, so I was going to wait until I could get on another computer and get the bios.... That was yesterday, now I get home today, and I am ready to try and reinstall the x800 pro vivo bios, but a pesky member of my family had turned my computer off... Now the card isn't functioning too well.

So to summarize, I flashed the "empty.bin" file to clear all the old bios and my computer was turned off before I could reinstall the x800pro bios.

So my question is this... Is my card raped, or is it possible to flash it back to an x800 pro?

Bean... you'll need a pci video card to boot the system to retry the flash. Go here to find your model cards BIOS. Go here for instructions on how to recover from a bad flash... it's near the bottom...

nd

Asus X800pro 12p VIVO -> X800xt 16p

I flash my Asus X800pro VIVO with the "Asus.X800XT.256.Samsung16.bin" and with the "ATI.X800XT.256.Samsung16_0609.bin" Bios (flashrom v2.40), the Card ins now running with the X800XT PE clocks, but It is still running with only 12 Pipelines? is it possible to unlock the Pipelines und the clocks? Did somebody this with the ASUS Card ? THANKS! :rolleyes:

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
nd said:
I flash my Asus X800pro VIVO with the "Asus.X800XT.256.Samsung16.bin" and with the "ATI.X800XT.256.Samsung16_0609.bin" Bios (flashrom v2.40), the Card ins now running with the X800XT PE clocks, but It is still running with only 12 Pipelines? is it possible to unlock the Pipelines und the clocks? Did somebody this with the ASUS Card ? THANKS! :rolleyes:

Have you tried to re-install the video drivers? Couple of members have mentioned that they still had 12 pipes until they re-installed the video drivers....

E

E1sK4lt

just did the mod with my new asus ax800pro/tvd and it worked flawlessly! damn nice to have a x800xt pe for about 450 euros :)

tom_12345

Question to "E1sK4lt" - Did u use the "ATI - X800 XT PE (AGP) 256 MB" or "Asus - X800 XT PE (AGP) 256 MB" bios for ur Asus AX800 pro/TVD??? I ask u this becos i happen to have the same card as u do and i am a real chicken in these matters, so i aint sure which bios to use.

And I am more confused with this "nd" guy saying he used BOTH the "ATI - X800 XT PE (AGP) 256 MB" and "Asus - X800 XT PE (AGP) 256 MB" on his ASUS AX800 pro/TVD. How is this possible?!???????!

I thought u just flash one bios with the flashing tool, not 2.

"nd" can u plz clarify exalty what u did.

And W1ward, u really r a great man, working tirelessly and helping us out of every nook and corner. Can u help on this issue?? Which bios should i use, surely using the ASUS 1 makes sense as my card is built by them. ANother thing, can u plz write in details exactly how I can flash my ASUS X800 pro/TVD to an ASUS X800XT Pt e??? I have checked out the links u gave in ur original article, but it aint a great help for an amatuer like me. Also in "http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/34" they seemed to have generalized everything, also they go on about clickin some "Advanced" key or something, which i couldnt find. Moreover, they talk about creating boot disks from some website which i found horribly out of sorts and confusing. I have a winME boot disk, can i work with it?? (If i can) What am i meant to do with it? Copy the bios files in it and reboot my PC???

[I happen to run WinXP (with SP2) by the way.]

I wanted SPECIFIC instruction to flash my bios, as i have no past experience in such things. PLZ, plz. plz help me out W1zard and any1 who is bothered to help out this chicken guy. THx to u all.

------

Sorry for posting twice, i just registered so thought it was better to post again, so some1 can address me.

nd

Asus X800pro 12p VIVO -> X800xt 16p

Hallo tom_12345!

i tried both BIOS but it dont works, only the clock changes!
i use the wrong flashtool!

use the modified flashrom and the the last ATI X800XT PE (AGP) 256MB Bios
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/100/images/flashrom16p.zip
http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/ATI.X800XT.256.Samsung16_0609.bin

follow the instruction:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/34

short instruction:
rename ati.x800xt.265.sam... to x800xt.bin
flashrom and x800xt.bin on the bootdisk
1. save the x800pro bios -> a:\flashrom -s 0 x800pro.bin
2. flash the XT bios -> a:\flashrom -p 0 x800xt.bin -f
reboot
install the newes catalyst or omega driver
finish

Verify the number of clock and active pipelines using ATITool (settings)
http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

run 3dmark03 -> 12000 - 13000 points

i made it and it works!!!
ASUS X800pro VIVO to X800XT PE in 5 minutes

greetings
nd

ps: sorry about my bad english

tom_12345

Thank ND, thx a lot mate. I really owe u 1.

So basically have to change the bios file name to make it work. So u change Ati's bios name and got it to work. But have u (or any1 u know) tried changing the name of "ASUS X800XT" bios to say "X800XT" (or sth) and tried to flash with it as well???? My concern is - since its an ASUS card, isnt it safer to use a ASUS bios instead of Ati's ones??? Another thing, did u have any probs with ur voltages. I ask u this becos i have the same card as u do, and i dont know how to check out the cards' volt ratings. Do u know how to do it?? If so, plz tell me how.

A lot of Saphire X800pro VIVO owners seemed (in this forum and in ohters as well) had problems (stability and heating mainly) with their cards after flashing it to a XT pte. It seems it becos their ones r 1.3v cards (atleast they say it). How do u know its 1.3/1.4v anyway?

So, did u have to change ur voltage with the "pencil" method?? I hope not, since i dont know how it works. And how about artifacts and spooky/broken images, have u experienced any of it after flashing?? If u had any probs, plz give me an account of it, i would possibly flash back instead of having a problematic card. But I sincerely hope u have had no such problems!!

ThX u again, i really cant thank u enuff!!!!!!

nd

hallo tom_12345

the filename of the "bin" is not importent, but not longer as 8 and no symbols.
i try the asus XT PE bios and i cant unlock the 4 pipelines, but at my first run i use the wrong flashrom version, i think both are nearly the same?

use the ati.x800xt.256.sam..... it works by me with no problems!
i play farcry, doom, cod,.... never have any problems or errors!
i read the ASUS AX800PRO/TVD is 100% similar to the AX800XT/TVD
only the bios and the packing are different

and wenn you have problems flash the backup of your original bios back

greetings
nd