• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

kevindangit

could anyone do me a huge favor and post step by step instructions on how to create a bootable CD that takes you to DOS so you and run the flashrom? ive been trying for hours to make one to no avail. all the guides ive looked at are so vague... thanks in advance guys! (i dont have a floppy drive)

wiggedy

Damn I didn't see that this thread has 82 sides. puh.
I have a MSI RX850Pro-VTD256 and like to patch it to x850xt. there is one thing I didn't understand. There is not Bios for a MSI X850xt PE. Can I use every Bios file for a X850XT PE ? or do I have to use the one from MSI.

jeehaa

kaikai601 said:
Hi guys this is my first time on the forum, I have followed the directions and flashed my ATI X850Pro with the XT bios...after I reboot and run ATItool it still shows as 12 pipes, but the clocks are XT speed...I've tried to reinstall the drivers, but it still shows as 12 pipes, can anyone help me please? Thanks.

I think you can use the modified flashrom (16p) here

kaikai601

i have ATI Radeon X850Pro...which bios should I use with this modified flashrom 16p?

jeehaa

dunno, you can try the ATI x850 XT PE; as I understand it right, it's not nessesery to have one from MSI

Jouixs

Asus X800pro Crash

iff the cut you make on the grafikcard melts or dosent work because i usede Car repair window kit ?
Comp wont boot ?
usede another grafikcard
it boot ?
Any one know this ?

brandnamesocks

Hi
I'm a newbie to all this flashing and what not but decided to try it becuase the techpowerup faq looked pretty easy.
Does anyone have experience with a connect3d x800 pro agp vivo? Would love to hear if you had any problems and what files you ended up using. Also the card i ordered was refurbished which I hope is ok.
TIA

highwind86

Hey everyone. Back when I first got my Saphire x800 pro PCI-E, I was checking up on this forum and thread very often, curious as to what the status on unlocking 16 pipes on the PCI-E version was. Its been so long since I last checked, however, and there are many many more pages. While I search through to see if I find any information regarding the PCI-E saphire x800 pro, I'd really appreciate if anyone knowledgable could fill me in. Has any new information been released? Last I remember, people with the saphire x800 pro vivo were having a hard time unlocking the extra 4 pipes using the bios flash. Some even used a hardmod with a special pen and couldn't unlock the pipes. Some considered flashing their bios with an AGP x850 xt bios but were reccomended not to, and many (like me) were told our card was an x800 GT after flashing with any bios. The weird thing is, several of the reviewers of my card on newegg.com claimed that since it was the vivo "red" version, they were able to unlock the pipes.

Has anyone here unlocked all 16 pipes on their saphire x800 pro PCI-E version?

Jhaske

Cheer for me!!!! I finally got one that is flashable :D. I bought an ATI stock card at
CircuitCity, after I had them match Compusa's price ($249.99) and then used a 10% off coupon. Unfortunately it was locked I knew a good card was out there so I proceeded to go to a diffrent CircuitCity for 6 days (on my way back and forth to work) till I got one.
I guess they do not pay attention to the return reciept??? LOL, I payed cash so I signed nothing...

Now for cooling I was thinking of attatching these to the mem chips http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=331984&pfp=SEARCH

What do you guys think?

redcoat

I flashed my Saphire x800 Pro VIVO with the bios of 800XT PE, and there is definite improvement in F.E.A.R. where my fps went from 72 to 85. Though when I use ATITOOL it says I am only running 12 pipelines??? Any Ideas? What is anyone else getting fps on games like F.E.A.R. with their XT PE???

bobyjo

System Name My Stuff
Processor A64 X2-4400
Motherboard DFI LP NF4 Sli-D
Cooling CNPS9500CuLed
Memory OCZ 2x1gb Platinum
Video Card(s) VisionTek HD3850 512
Storage WD 500gb SATA3
Display(s) Samsung 22" LCD
Case Tsami Dream
Audio Device(s) Onboard w/Logitech 5.1's
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream700 Watt
Software XP Pro SP2
redcoat said:
I flashed my Saphire x800 Pro VIVO with the bios of 800XT PE, and there is definite improvement in F.E.A.R. where my fps went from 72 to 85. Though when I use ATITOOL it says I am only running 12 pipelines??? Any Ideas? What is anyone else getting fps on games like F.E.A.R. with their XT PE???

If you used atiflash engine.
Did you have these switches after atiflash -p 0 -f xxx.bin

If not maybe you should flash again.

weskes

Need help with Connect 3d X850pro ViVO

Hi, first pardon my English!
Second, it appears I bought the wrong card, but I'm not sure. I want to use the softmod to open the pipes. Strange enough ATItool shows only 8 active lines, while everest shows 12.
Is there anyone who suceeded to open them on the same card. Here are two pic's of ATItool. I will post my bios here, but it's a bin file and I can't make anything out of it.
Maybe I could manage to open the pipes with a bios from Connect 3d for a x850 xt agp, but I can't find one. If anyone can help me, plz do so:respect:
Great work BTW;)

Attachments

• ATItool.JPG
    ATItool.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 785
  • ATItool conf.JPG
    ATItool conf.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 761
  • oldbios.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 445

bobyjo

System Name My Stuff
Processor A64 X2-4400
Motherboard DFI LP NF4 Sli-D
Cooling CNPS9500CuLed
Memory OCZ 2x1gb Platinum
Video Card(s) VisionTek HD3850 512
Storage WD 500gb SATA3
Display(s) Samsung 22" LCD
Case Tsami Dream
Audio Device(s) Onboard w/Logitech 5.1's
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream700 Watt
Software XP Pro SP2
weskes said:
Hi, first pardon my English!
Second, it appears I bought the wrong card, but I'm not sure. I want to use the softmod to open the pipes. Strange enough ATItool shows only 8 active lines, while everest shows 12.
Is there anyone who suceeded to open them on the same card. Here are two pic's of ATItool. I will post my bios here, but it's a bin file and I can't make anything out of it.
Maybe I could manage to open the pipes with a bios from Connect 3d for a x850 xt agp, but I can't find one. If anyone can help me, plz do so:respect:
Great work BTW;)

Go to the bios selection page on this thread. There find a bios that matches your card but of a better upgrade.
If your bios is a 55kb size, download a new bios of any make with the same size as your bios.
When you flash your card read the post directly below this one.
One more thing, make a sig listing all the hardware you are running and out to the right of these components.
Make a note of which drivers are used with that component or the make and model # of that component.
List only the major components that matter::
Memory= Make & model
Video card= Make Model and which drivers version
chipset=Which drivers
With this info, we could offer a much better idea of what direction we should tell you to go.

weskes

bobyjo said:
Go to the bios selection page on this thread. There find a bios that matches your card but of a better upgrade.
If your bios is a 55kb size, download a new bios of any make with the same size as your bios.
When you flash your card read the post directly below this one.
One more thing, make a sig listing all the hardware you are running and out to the right of these components.
Make a note of which drivers are used with that component or the make and model # of that component.
List only the major components that matter::
Memory= Make & model
Video card= Make Model and which drivers version
chipset=Which drivers
With this info, we could offer a much better idea of what direction we should tell you to go.
I can't find a bios for a 850pro/xl/xt pe vivo, if someone can mode mine it would be great.
If you look at ATItool picture you can see that the value that should be F in my case presents an E. I've managed to flash the card twice, but the only thing that changed was the speed, there were still 12 lines active. Maybe it's not possible to softmod it. If you are willing or there is someone with the same card who did manage to mod the card, plz inform me. Ofcourse, I would be very pleased to be able to do the same.

blsnelling

Processor Athlon64 X2 3800+ (260x10 @ 1.45V)
Motherboard Asus A8N SLI Premium
Cooling Thermalright XP-120 w/Sunon 120x38
Memory 2 X 1GB OCZ Dual Channel Platinum PC3200
Video Card(s) Connect3D X800 w/ATI Silencer 5(rev2) 567/567
Storage 36GB WD Raptor - Boot Drive | 4x MaxLine 10 300GB 16MB Cache - RAID 10 - Storage & Backup
Display(s) Dell 20" LCD
Case Antec Full Tower Case w/4 Fans on Rheostats
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy2
Power Supply Eneremax NoiseTaker 470W "AX" v2.0
Software Windows XP Pro SP2
There are a lot of posts in this thread that are either wrong or could be very misleading. First of all, this thread is ONLY about the AGP version, not PCI-E. The PCI-E PRO VIVO cards are NOT moddable. Only VIVO cards are moddable as well. Due to misinformation, I found out the hard way. It's way too hard to sift through everything here and find out the facts. If I understand correctly, many of the AGP X850PRO VIVO cards are locked as well. Correct me if I'm wrong. Does this include later AGP X800PRO VIVO cards as well? I would just like to help anyone coming along to be able to find the truth without having to pay restocking fees like I did. If you're not 100% sure about something, say so. No info is better than bad info. Thanks for listening. Rant off.:)

damo

Sucessfully done the X800 pro to 800 XT PE, but..

Hi, i bought a Powercolor x800 Pro Vivo AGP and this mod worked perfect..Thanx , but

after the change im not able to run 3dmark 05 anymore.

It says i cannot run any demo because the graphics card will not support vertex shader model 2.0..the standard thing
wenn you have a graphics card only dx 8.0.
Before the mod i was running fine...after the mod i can play all games stable and with 30% more rendering power..

If anyone has same problems or can give some help .....

raydawg

Hi guys. I followed this thread for a while and eventually picked up an x800pro agp version for $150 on ebay. What I didn't realize (and the seller didn't realize either) was that the card was a VIVO! So when I got it I was pleasantly surprised and came back to these forums. I went with the x800pro16p bios, which flashes your card to 16 pipes but leaves default clocks at x800pro speed. I did that after trying x800xt pe speeds in atitool and getting a few artifacts. I have 1.6ns RAM, but strangely it was the RAM holding me back and not the core! Anyway, I was able to get the core to 520 eith room to spare, and the RAM managed a mere 545 before artifacting. So I backed it off to 535 to be safe. I haven't tried to see how far the core would go yet as I'm really happy with the 520 performance.
Anyway, to give an idea of the kind of performance upgrade I got: I had a 9700pro before this.
I got the x800 pro and at the time had an athlonXP 2400+. Stock 3dmark scores were 03-8900, 05-4100. After 16p and overclock I got 03-10900, 05-5300. Lastly, when I upgraded my proc, mobo, and memory to a 64 3200+, asrock 939 dual sata2 and corsair value select, I got 03-12000(on the dot), 05-6148.
So, all said and done, just overclocking and unlocking the pipelines and upgrading the proc gave me a 32% increase in performance from a stock x800pro :eek:
Not to mention the overall increase from the original 9700pro - 150%:rockout:
So thanks guys for posting up this howto. :respect:
It worked flawlessly on mine, and talk about a ridiculous performance gain - 30% over the stock x800pro - sick

raydawg

redcoat said:

don't forget people said we need to reinstall the drivers for it to actually detect the new pipes.
The only post you really need on this forum is the first one; it has all the directions and links even that you would need.
72 to 85 in fear sounds about right for an overclocking result to me. as you flashed the bios it is probably clocking at x800xt pe speeds right now I'm guessing. reinstall the cats and see what happens.

Psyclone

I have a question. I have an x850 pro VIVO that I want to flash to a PE version. In the original post, in the steps listed to perform the flash, it says to download and use the NON PE bios if you are flashing an x850 pro and a x800 PE bios if you are flashing an x800 pro.

I want to be clear before I do this that, you are in fact supposed to use the regular NON PE bios for the x850. I am just making sure that they are in fact different procedures for the x800 vs the x850, I don't want to mess up and hose my card.

Last edited:

brandnamesocks

brandnamesocks said:
Hi
I'm a newbie to all this flashing and what not but decided to try it becuase the techpowerup faq looked pretty easy.
Does anyone have experience with a connect3d x800 pro agp vivo? Would love to hear if you had any problems and what files you ended up using. Also the card i ordered was refurbished which I hope is ok.
TIA

Hi
So i got the card and it is a sapphrire r420 not laser cut and has 1.6 memory. I think i am a little lost on what to do next...i dl the programs in the guide, and am confused, do i make a boot disk with the flashrom files and a driver of my choice? And theses are the only files i need on the cd? (no floppy). And how do i save my old bios?
If anyone could list out exactly what to do, I am a real newbie here!
TIA

flapjack

brandnamesocks said:
Hi
So i got the card and it is a sapphrire r420 not laser cut and has 1.6 memory. I think i am a little lost on what to do next...i dl the programs in the guide, and am confused, do i make a boot disk with the flashrom files and a driver of my choice? And theses are the only files i need on the cd? (no floppy). And how do i save my old bios?
If anyone could list out exactly what to do, I am a real newbie here!
TIA

Read my instructions at Rage3D: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1334053383#post1334053383

Here's is a copy/paste for your convenience:

Here's what you do.

1) Go here and download an ISO image of the Ultimate Boot CD.

2) Burn all the applicable files needed for flashing on a CD-RW (recommended, I went through 4 discs before I had all the files I needed). At a bare minimum, I'd have the original BIOS obtained from a dump using ATI Tray Tools, an XT PE BIOS with the core/mem speeds set to default Pro speeds, and finally ATIFlash.

3) Boot up with the UBCD. After booting, hit "F1" for "Mainboard Tools", right-arrow twice to bring you to BIOS Utilities, then "F1" again for the first BIOS utility.

4) After the BIOS utility starts loading, hit "OK" each prompt to accept defaults (these should be fine for most systems). You'll be at a command prompt that looks something like:

T:\dos\apps>

5) Do a: "cd t:\" (without quotes) to bring you to the root dir of the disc, then pop your BIOS disc in.

6) Run your flasher. Typical usage would be:

Step 1:
atiflash -f -p 0 xtpe.bin -newbios
(substitute "xtpe.bin" for whatever you named the 16-pipe BIOS you'll be using)

Step 2: (without rebooting)
atiflash -f -p 0 oldbios.bin
(no "newbios" switch, oldbios.bin being the backup you made with ATI Tray Tools)

6) Reboot into Windows and use ATI Tray Tools or ATI Tool to check if your pipes are unlocked.

Good luck!