• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

Sh0K

Bloodwolf808 said:
I loaded ati flash with a bootable floppy, and I tried 2 different flashes. x850 XT/x850 XT PE.
Tried "atiflash -p 0 (biosname).bin" and i get this message.

Old SSID:0002
New SSID:0B12
SSID mismatched

ERROR 0FL01: Press "1" to continue.

Please help me thanks in advanced.
You have to force the flash with the flag f:
atiflash -p 0 (biosname).bin -f

Try to see if your card is locked by using atiflash -i , you have to see under Lock, if it say yes you have to use the flag -sst

atiflash -p 0 (biosname).bin -f -sst

Bloodwolf808

under ATI tool is says 520 core/540 mem but only 12 active pipelines... The mem and the core are the from the flash but I'm not sure wats wrong with the pipelines. Anybody help?

FiShBuRn

Can someone mod by Connected X850PRO bios to 16 pipes?

Thanks

Attachments

• Connected-X850pro-VIVO1.6ns.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 515

Xenn0X

did any one try to flash a x800 pro to x850?
have a stable x800 to x800 xt pe (526/573)
but was just wondering if i could flash in a x850 bios into this card.

BigD6997

Processor e8400 @ 4ghz 1.344v
Motherboard EVGA 780i
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-Ex lapped
Memory OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB (3-5-5-17) @ 450mhz
Video Card(s) 8800gts
Storage 200G WD
Display(s) 23in samsung lcd hdtv
Case stacker 831
Power Supply OCZ stealthxstrem 600watt
Software Xp-Pro
X800 and X850 series have different chipsets, correct me if im wrong

so i dont think it would work

hogie

Unlocked pipelines, but lost them after I load Driver

I have been able to successfully flash my x850 Pro Vivo to an xt with fan control and run stable at those clock speeds. I have also flashed to the x850 pro modified 16 pipeline.
However, when my drivers are uninstalled it will show 16 pipelines unlocked. When in this state my ATI tools wont display 3d view. It will tell me to go to system, display, and then enable my graphics card. Unforetunetly this wont come up and I cant enable it.

When I do install my drivers it drops back down to 12 pipelines. The attached word doc shows my fuses, the 16 pipes, and then the 12 pipes again.

If anyone could let me know what I am doing wrong and what i need to do to keep all of the pipelines functioning I would appreciate it.

I cant figure out why it would unlock and then drop them.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• fuses,pipes.zip
    119.5 KB · Views: 525

Bloodwolf808

I flashed the thing but only the core clock and the memory are loaded the flash i did the pipelines are still locked!! Please help tell me what flash to use.

i r friend

maybe it has been asked before, but 80 pages of posts is just a bit much :)

can laserlocked cards still be flashed to unlock the 16 pipes with the Gigabyte bios and flashing tool?

thx for ur help

Fr8nkl3n

I am going to try and unlock the extra pipes on my sapphire x800 pro vivo pci. Core and memory settings are already 475/500 so I may not try and overclock. The extra pipes will be a nice release and maybe enough work for the stock fan.

Now, after being very clear at the start of this thread how to do it, I have become concerned at the end of it that it may not be able to be done.

Can someone just point me in the right direction? Do I just follow the directions at the beginning and choose the X800 Pro 16P bios and leave the xt pe bios alone?

Thanks

Fr8nkl3n

Hogie
Do you reckon the latest drivers from ATI reset this softmod?
(In line with the comment that ATI may be trying to stop softmodding pipelines)
Would earlier drivers (say from 12 months ago) give a different result?

System Name W.I.P.
Im not having any trouble with the current ATI drivers. Im using 6.1 and my X800pro
w/ X800 XT PE Bios still has all 16 of its pipes.

hogie

Fr8nkl3n said:
Hogie
Do you reckon the latest drivers from ATI reset this softmod?
(In line with the comment that ATI may be trying to stop softmodding pipelines)
Would earlier drivers (say from 12 months ago) give a different result?
Sounds quite possible....I must try the 6.1

THanks

kevinb70

i r friend said:
maybe it has been asked before, but 80 pages of posts is just a bit much :)

can laserlocked cards still be flashed to unlock the 16 pipes with the Gigabyte bios and flashing tool?

thx for ur help

laser locked cards can be unlocked to 16 pipes only if there is NOT a defective quad which is internally disabled in the die and can never be unlocked.. there are two types of locks possible...

I just found out that $179 refurb ATI X800 Pro AGP 256MB [ordered from ati.com] was softmodable to unlock my 12 to 16 pipes now!!! Running as a X800 XT PE [looks like ati tool is giving me 510/513 w/16 pipes but I had been playing 543/543 with 12 pipes (I don't think i did an artifact test at this speed but had played lots of bf2 with no problems)

:toast:

http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki...if_an_X800.2FX850_series_card_can_be_unlocked

Run rivatuner with those command line parameters and then check the 5th digit of the 990 field and the last digit of the 994 field... you can see if you have faulty pipes which are permanently disabled :mad: or which are unlockable OR if you are luckly like me, you have a VIVO card (yellow connector at the back of the card) which only requires a couple of BIOS flashes to go from 12 to 16 pipes and anotehr flash to put the XT PE BIOS in there....

Cataclysm_J

I followed this accuratly and went from Powercolor X850 Pro to Powercolor XT PE. It worked in the sence that my card booted but I still had 12 pipes and the fan wasn't running, I had to run the fan from Atitool. I used the modified Flashrom as I was ment to so where did I go wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

ATitool info:

CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xFFFFFFFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0XFFFFFF9E
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0X3E1
GB_PIPE_SELECT 0X2724

Last edited:

willem

what happened?

:confused: Hello,

I followed the instructions on the page to move the 850 pro to 850 xt. Everything went well, only after flashing the nbr of pipelines remains 12 in Atitool, it seems not to make a difference. What do I do wrong?

jpadron_uy

Hello, I have a Asus X800 PRO VIVO AGP, and after read instructions to unlock 12 pipes restrictions, no work :(.

Flash the bios whit Asus X800 XT PE (AGP), the flashing was ok, but after restart windows, and open ATITOOL > Overclocking > Active Pipelines: 12, system say that my card is X800 XT PE, but Active Pipelines don`t was increase to 16 ppl.

After, try to flash other bios, only to enable 16ppl, whitout modify speeds, and the same, rigth bios update, but active ppl is 12 :(.

My card is VIVO, don`t understand.

Any sugestion ??
Thanks.

obl

This worked great for me. Thanks!!
I bought an X850pro VIVO, Used AtiTools to dump my bios,a hex editor to edit the number of pipes, RaBiT to set clocks to XT settings and the modded flash tool to flash the X850XT bios.
After flashing the card things acted a little strange so I uninstalled all ATI software and drivers, rebooted and reinstalled all ATI software and drivers.
Now it is running as a stock X850XT-VIVO with all 16 pp.
This is an ATI built card I bought on sale at Compusa for $239.00 tax included.
Once I have acquired heat sinks for the memory and a better GPU cooler I will play some more, but I found all the info and tools I needed in this thread.
Thanks a bunch!

By the way, this was done without any board or GPU mods.

Cataclysm_J

obl, what hex editor did you use and how did you do it. I have the same card as you but the flash didn't work.

obl

Did you use the modified flasher? If not, it will ignore the pipe settings.
You can get it here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/100/images/flashrom16p.zip

I will also attach a copy of my modified bios.

The hex editor was free and I got it here:
http://www.hhdsoftware.com/free-hex-editor.html

Make a real DOS boot disc and copy all of the file contained in the flashrom16p.zip file to the DOS floppy then copy the X850XT.bin to the floppy. (if you are using a floppy drive to boot to DOS)

The command line you will have to use to flash your bios is:
flashrom -f -p 0 X850XT.bin
(that is - flashrom space -f space -p space 0 space X850XT.bin) The spaces are important.

When you reboot you should have an X850XT @ 520/540 and 16 pipes if you use the attached X850XT.bin

Like I said in my previous post I did have to un-install all ATI drivers and software and reinstall to get everything working right, but I could have had driver issues prior to the card update and you may not have to go through all that. I hope :)

Also, if I did everything right there is a picture of the old and new bins attached.

Attachments

• X850XT.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 514
  • X850.JPG
    X850.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 854

Cataclysm_J

Cheers, I'll try that tonight. I did use the modified flashrom but i'll download it again to make sure.

Also i tried it with the atiflash using the -newbios command

Cataclysm_J

I used the bios there but I got X850GT. Tried reinstalling drivers but that didn't help.

This has been the best bios so far because the fan actually span whereas on the others it was just dead and I had to run it from ATitool. There is still only 12 pipelines but theres probably a laser cut, I haven't had the heatsink off yet, want to wait until I get the artic silencer for it.

obl

Well, I was hoping it would work for you :(
I guess the bright side is you now have a bios that makes the fan work :)

Cataclysm_J

If I take the heatsink off will the thermal paste have dried and gone hard? If not then I can put it back on again and the contact should be ok but if it goes hard then i'll need to get some more to replace it.

obl

Never re-use Thermal paste.
Clean GPU and heat sink carefully and apply just enough NEW thermal paste to cover GPU then re-install heatsink.
It is very important that you do not contaminate the paste.