• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

tom_12345

thx for the reply nd,

But i still have a couple of questions for u :

1. Did u have to voltmod (u know the pencil method) ur card?? Or was it 1.4v by default. If so, r all these ASUS X800pro/TVD cars 1.4v by default??

2. Where did u read that ASUS AX800PRO/TVD is 100% similar to the AX800XT/TVD?? Can u plz provide me the link??

3. How long have u been running ur card as a X800XT?? Is it stable??

4. I ask u again, have u had ANY problems after flashing, problems ranging from artifacts, temperatures to stability.

Thx again!!

tom_12345

URGENTLY calling ALL ASUS AX800 Pro/TVD users,

I have a couple of questions to AX800pro/TVD users who have flashed their cards to a XT Pte. Just a quick look in this message boards told me that there at least 3 other AX800pro/TVD users, namely "E1sK4lt", "nd" and "Fahim".

1. Did u have to voltmod (u know the pencil method) ur card?? Or was it 1.4v by default. If so, r all these ASUS X800pro/TVD cards 1.4v by default?? Have u read about this any where?

3. What Bios did u use to flash the card?? The "ASUS X800XT" 1 or the "ATi X800XT"??

4. To those of u who tried using both bioses - which one works best?????

4. I have stripped the hsfs off my ASUS AX800PRO/TVD and an AX800XT/TVD to compare them?? Physcically they r 100% same, not even a transistor/capacitor a hair this way or that. So, have any1 of u seen any article in the www comparing the two cards, if so, then plz provide the link.

5. How long have u been running ur card as a X800XT?? Is it stable??

6. I ask u again, have u had ANY problems after flashing, problems ranging from artifacts, temperatures to stability.

Thx again!!

U

Unregistered

I have also a msi rx800VTD (vivo) flashed to an x800xt succesfully.
BUT i have NO artifacts at all in doom 3 at 1600*1200 but i have sometimes triangles in BF:V.... not always, those are glitches that appears and dissapears..... dont have it all the time.
What can it be? I use 4.10 drivers, artifact scanning gives me no faults.....
Greetings!

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
I have also a msi rx800VTD (vivo) flashed to an x800xt succesfully.
BUT i have NO artifacts at all in doom 3 at 1600*1200 but i have sometimes triangles in BF:V.... not always, those are glitches that appears and dissapears..... dont have it all the time.
What can it be? I use 4.10 drivers, artifact scanning gives me no faults.....
Greetings!
What BIOS did you use? Are you overclocking you MOBO too?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
tom_12345 said:
I have a couple of questions to AX800pro/TVD users who have flashed their cards to a XT Pte. Just a quick look in this message boards told me that there at least 3 other AX800pro/TVD users, namely "E1sK4lt", "nd" and "Fahim".

1. Did u have to voltmod (u know the pencil method) ur card?? Or was it 1.4v by default. If so, r all these ASUS X800pro/TVD cards 1.4v by default?? Have u read about this any where?

3. What Bios did u use to flash the card?? The "ASUS X800XT" 1 or the "ATi X800XT"??

4. To those of u who tried using both bioses - which one works best?????

4. I have stripped the hsfs off my ASUS AX800PRO/TVD and an AX800XT/TVD to compare them?? Physcically they r 100% same, not even a transistor/capacitor a hair this way or that. So, have any1 of u seen any article in the www comparing the two cards, if so, then plz provide the link.

5. How long have u been running ur card as a X800XT?? Is it stable??

6. I ask u again, have u had ANY problems after flashing, problems ranging from artifacts, temperatures to stability.

Thx again!!

Tom I see you posted in more than one thread... Did NRP answer all your questions?

U

Unregistered

Urlyin said:
What BIOS did you use? Are you overclocking you MOBO too?

I use the last ATI bios on the Bios page, the ****0609.bin

My system is not OC'd....
What's the best bios on that page?

Greetings

Reservoir_Dog

Unregistered said:

Greetings

Now i am registered!
I have been reading that the glitches was dissapeared in those games i mentioned when that person used new 4.11 beta drivers......

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Reservoir_Dog said:

Now i am registered!
I have been reading that the glitches was dissapeared in those games i mentioned when that person used new 4.11 beta drivers......

I think some cards do better with a certain BIOS, while others do better with another. You'll need to test a couple to see which one works best for your card. I have tried several and can say my card seems to run best with the older dated ATI BIOS. Some like the Connect3D BIOS, so it's more the card than any one BIOS. You may want to try to uninstall your video drivers and use a driver cleaner to clean the .dll files left, then re-install them.

Reservoir_Dog

Urlyin said:
I think some cards do better with a certain BIOS, while others do better with another. You'll need to test a couple to see which one works best for your card. I have tried several and can say my card seems to run best with the older dated ATI BIOS. Some like the Connect3D BIOS, so it's more the card than any one BIOS. You may want to try to uninstall your video drivers and use a driver cleaner to clean the .dll files left, then re-install them.

I also have the 4.11 Beta drivers, and i must say, u should try it, it gives me a performance boost....
Those glitches are gone too....
Which older dated bios do u mean? So i can try it also.

Greetings!

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Dog... it's the one dated 2004-04-30 17:24 under Date compiled...

corny

What R420 ROM settings are not preserved with the modified flash, pipes aside?

U

Unregistered

i think the pipes are the only setting preserved.. and the modified bios flash tool only changes that.

GoLLuM4444

Unregistered said:
i think the pipes are the only setting preserved.. and the modified bios flash tool only changes that.
Does this mean that certain flashtools will disable 4 pipes with x800pro bioses?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
GoLLuM4444 said:
Does this mean that certain flashtools will disable 4 pipes with x800pro bioses?

they will not update the area where the # of pipelines is stored in the bios

M

MonGalak

Hello

I am a powercolor X800 pro vivo flashed to xt 16 p
atitool sees the 16 pipes.
When i change catalyst 4.6 (bundle) to 4.11, the directX games don't fonction with the error : "CreateVertexBuffer failed(D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY)." The opengl games fonction correctly.
When i use 3dmark03 with x800pro 12p, no problem. But now, the message "direct3d init failed".
I install catalyst 4.6 and i am the same problems.
I reflash with my origin bios (X800 pro 16p) and all the games fonction correctly but not 3dmark03.

How to make to install the new catalyst ?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
MonGalak said:
Hello

I am a powercolor X800 pro vivo flashed to xt 16 p
atitool sees the 16 pipes.
When i change catalyst 4.6 (bundle) to 4.11, the directX games don't fonction with the error : "CreateVertexBuffer failed(D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY)." The opengl games fonction correctly.
When i use 3dmark03 with x800pro 12p, no problem. But now, the message "direct3d init failed".
I install catalyst 4.6 and i am the same problems.
I reflash with my origin bios (X800 pro 16p) and all the games fonction correctly but not 3dmark03.

How to make to install the new catalyst ?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

MonGalak...
What OS are you using? You should try to uninstall ATI drivers from the add and remove programs. Use Driver Cleaner or something like it to clear out all the drivers. Reinstall ATI cat drivers 4.11 and then reinstall DirectX, you can download it from Microsoft are if you have purchased a new game lately it should have the latest Directx on the CD...

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
orakulo said:
Hy guys i , a make all in this link

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles...ing/vidcard/100

But after restart i no have de 16 pipes only 12 my MSI x800 is VTD 256 (VTD = VIVO) but the clock is = XT PE, so a i returned to original bios

Ahhh I Use the latest ATI X800XT PE bios....
Found here
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles...ing/vidcard/100

Any ideas ?

Bye...

Orakulo... make sure you have the VIVO by looking on the back of the card to see if the ATI rage theater chip is there. If so make sure you uninstall and reinstall the video drivers after you flash the card....

Last edited:

orakulo

No ati theater buahhhhhh, how i can turn my x800 non vivo ? i listen rumors but i cant find nothing about...
Maybe hard mod ?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
orakulo said:
No ati theater buahhhhhh, how i can turn my x800 non vivo ? i listen rumors but i cant find nothing about...
Maybe hard mod ?

I had seen a couple of pages that showed how to connect the laser cut, but I don't think to many were successful .... That doesn't mean it can not be done... just not sure it's worth the trouble... sorry :(

U

Unregistered

Where to get the modified pro bios with 16 pipes but pro clocks?

Hi!
Since I just want the 16 pipes and not overclock my card, Im looking for the modified bios with 16 pipes enabled, but the standard core/memory clocks for x800pro.

This bios has been mentioned numerous times in this thread, but I cant find it on the bios download page. Where can you download it? Or am I just blind?

M

MonGalak

Urlyin said:
MonGalak...
What OS are you using? You should try to uninstall ATI drivers from the add and remove programs. Use Driver Cleaner or something like it to clear out all the drivers. Reinstall ATI cat drivers 4.11 and then reinstall DirectX, you can download it from Microsoft are if you have purchased a new game lately it should have the latest Directx on the CD...
thanks Urlyin.
My os is wxp pro. i already uninstall catalyst from the add and remove programs then i use drivercleaner. This evening, i reinstall directx.
I have a question: under catalyst 4.11, i have no problems with atitool when i use find max core and find max mem (531 -573 no artefact) then why direct3d games don't fonction ?