• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD... Very easy :)

outrunner

I had a reply from a mate just now, he has a card that I can borrow, so I shall collect it tonight and re-flash the card. I should just need to do the following to recover the BIOS with your automated process correct?

step 1, install a pci graphics card,

step 2, boot from DVD\CD

step 3, select option 2 from the boot menu

Step 4 Reboot and Retry the flash.

Then I should be able to reflash it again

locutus12

outrunner said:
I had a reply from a mate just now, he has a card that I can borrow, so I shall collect it tonight and re-flash the card. I should just need to do the following to recover the BIOS with your automated process correct?

step 1, install a pci graphics card,

step 2, boot from DVD\CD

step 3, select option 2 from the boot menu

Step 4 Reboot and Retry the flash.

Then I should be able to reflash it again

yup, sounds about right, :) make sure you set the bios to boot off your cd drive though :)

outrunner

OK I got a PCI card and tried to flash back to the original bios in step 3, it fails with an error code of;

Serial ROM
Zero byte read
0FL01 press 1 to continue

any ideas?

Last edited:

locutus12

well... that shouldnt happen, looks like youve got a data block stuck on your card...

boot from the cd, select option 3 (boot to command protpt)

and type in the following...

Flashrom -f -sst -atmel -p 0 x80012P.bin (hit enter)

(its case sensitive so make sure you copy it correctly. also the 0 i s the number 0 not the letter o)

locutus12

hmmm... i dont mean to worry you but thats not good... :confused:

what exactly did you do to it originally, tell me step by step and list the files you used (including links if possible) i will try to back track and recreate the error using VMware if i can (VMware a special tool i use for testing crap out :) )

koolpc

Processor AMD Venice 3500
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling Thermalright SI-120 with Nexus 120mm Fan
Memory 2 GIG Geil Ram, DDR400
Storage 1 x 80g Samsung IDE
Case Coolermaster ATC 201
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply Seasonic 500w
Software XP-Professional
Hey Locutus12, will this work with an X800 GTO?

locutus12

koolpc said:
Hey Locutus12, will this work with an X800 GTO?

well not all GTO`s will mod in the first place i am afraid, only the GTO2 will mod 100% i think it works with sapphires fireblade edition GTO and possibly with connect 3d but as of yet its untested on those, if anyones got a spare PCI card and a copy of there original GTO bios they are welcome to try it out, if it fails there should be no damage to the GTO card, it would just be a case of installing the PCI card and flashing the GTO back to original bios.

ShadowFlare

Processor Athlon 64 Venice 3200+ 2.0 GHz, max 2.6 GHz with Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Motherboard EpoX 9NPA+Ultra nForce4 Ultra with Zalman ZM-NB47J
Cooling All Zalman heatsinks (CNPS7000B-AlCu, ZM-NB47J, VF700-Cu)
Memory 1 GB (2x512 MB) DDR400 Corsair XMS C2 series, max 233 MHz @ 2-3-2-9 1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 256 MB PCIe max 540/600, modded to 16 pipes
Storage Seagate 80GB SATA, Maxtor 160GB PATA, Maxtor 200GB PATA
Display(s) Dell 17" Trinitron CRT
Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek chip
Power Supply Enermax Noisetaker EG495AX-VE, 485 watts, active PFC
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Windows XP Pro x64, Windows Vista RC1 32-bit
The GTO2 bios should at least function properly on any GTO that uses the R480 gpu, since that's basically what it is - a GTO bios. It may possibly work on ones that use an R423, but it probably isn't likely. From my experience, bioses from R423 cards seem to work on R480, but it may not work the other way around.

koolpc

Processor AMD Venice 3500
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling Thermalright SI-120 with Nexus 120mm Fan
Memory 2 GIG Geil Ram, DDR400
Storage 1 x 80g Samsung IDE
Case Coolermaster ATC 201
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply Seasonic 500w
Software XP-Professional

locutus12

some of the gto`s do mod but as i said, its not certain

"the regular GTO cards from Connect 3D are also moddable. However, the success rate is unknown" -Tech power up guide.

when i built this util i didnt have the GTO in mind, it may work, but i couldnt say and i dont think anyone can say for certain. even if one GTO does, the next may not :(

D

Dynamic

Re

Locutus12,
So what you're saying is that option 1 will flash "Sapphire.x800gto2_16p.samsung16.bin" and option 2 would flash the original which is "Sapphire.x800gto2.samsung16.bin"? Now flashing with the modified bios, wouldn't that mess with your cooler in any way? Is that the problem people are having with the x850xt bios, not sure but using a different bios on the gto2 could result a bad fan cooler wouldn't? Unless you do the modified bios then reflash to your original so you have the original bios plus 16pp? Correct me if i'm wrong, and damn it's taking Newegg.com so long to come back with the OEM for $199....this is impossible...still have this 9800xt 436/382 :p

locutus12

Dynamic said:
Locutus12,
So what you're saying is that option 1 will flash "Sapphire.x800gto2_16p.samsung16.bin" and option 2 would flash the original which is "Sapphire.x800gto2.samsung16.bin"? Now flashing with the modified bios, wouldn't that mess with your cooler in any way? Is that the problem people are having with the x850xt bios, not sure but using a different bios on the gto2 could result a bad fan cooler wouldn't? Unless you do the modified bios then reflash to your original so you have the original bios plus 16pp? Correct me if i'm wrong, and damn it's taking Newegg.com so long to come back with the OEM for $199....this is impossible...still have this 9800xt 436/382 :p

option 1 flashes to 16 pipes and the system will then pick it up as an X850 :)
option 2 flashes back to 12 pipes with the default X800GTO2 sapphire bios.

the cooler isnt messed with in any way, its still fully variable using a number of different types of software freely available, or you can leave it and it will take care of itself if it gets too warm.

as for new egg, its it highly unlikely that OEM versions will come back into stock at newegg never mind anywhere else, over the last week the average price for the GTO2 has risen by $5 to $10 across the net which suggest the products are comming to the end. remember, its limited edition, sapphire got ahold of a load of r480 chips, chucked them on X850 printed circuit boars, slapped samsun 1.6ns ultra fast ram on them and sold them as X800GTO2`s in limited supply knowing that it would only be the modders who wanted them, this gets sapphire all of the press and none of the pain of warrenty cover as you void the warrenty when you flash the card. sapphire saves money and gets good cred, you save money and get a nice card. everybodys happy.

The GTO2 wasnt built to be a mainstream product, buy them while you still can.

outrunner

:roll: :roll: its working, but I don't know why, I haven't touched it since yesterday :confused: but I'm happy, all 16 pipes are enabled thanks for your help Locutus12.

locutus12

lol, how weird!!!! :D so you flashed it with my util and got nothing, then turned the pc off till today???

outrunner

Thats right, when I left it Tuesday night I had no display, but I thought I'll give it on more try last night and though and behold it powered up with a display. I checked with the Atitool and 12 pipes were in use, I then flashed it to the full 16, and it still works.

locutus12

you probably just needed to trun it off so the power drained from the card, :) hehe thought youd of tried that :p :D still im very happy for you :) what will you be playing on with your new card? its BF2 and FEAR for me at the moment :)

speedlimiter

locutus12 said:
option 1 flashes to 16 pipes and the system will then pick it up as an X850 :)

To be sure - is the file in option 1 really the one you can find in the techpowerup-tutorial (orig. Sapph. X800GTO² only with 16p unlocked)? For me it sounds like the x80016p.bin from the ISO will also raise the core/mem to X850 XT (PE?) speeds.

wayneh

Is there any x850 xt pe bois that can be flashed to this card cause i want 540/590 speeds perminantly with out use of software. The cd work great tho cheers :nutkick:

Cheers

locutus12

wayneh said:
Is there any x850 xt pe bois that can be flashed to this card cause i want 540/590 speeds perminantly with out use of software. The cd work great tho cheers :nutkick:

Cheers

ello, well to be honest you can flash it with the crucial X850 bios but i wouldnt recommend keeping your card clocked 24/7 which is why a little program called RADLINKER is a joy to use... download it (google to find it) and install, then when its installed go to the start icon of the game you want clocked, right click the games start icon on the start menu, or if it doesnt have a start menu shortcut then any shurtcut or original EXE to the game will do. and click custom settings, then right click the icon again and select properties, now click on the clock rate tab, tick enable clock rate change, set the values you want for that game and make sure resume to previous settings is selected under it. note that you must start from that start icon, starting from a cd rom or other icon will not clock the card.

your card will now overclock when you start the game and clock back when you leave it, this puts much less stress on your card in the long run, oh and radlinker uses no system resources and doesnt have anything running in the background. ;)

speedlimiter said:
To be sure - is the file in option 1 really the one you can find in the techpowerup-tutorial (orig. Sapph. X800GTO² only with 16p unlocked)? For me it sounds like the x80016p.bin from the ISO will also raise the core/mem to X850 XT (PE?) speeds.

trust be, its built from the files on techpowerup guide, 140 people across 4 forums cant be wrong :) it wont clock your stuff up. its left to you to figure that out...

outrunner

locutus12 said:
what will you be playing on with your new card? its BF2 and FEAR for me at the moment :)

The main games that I play are Nascar 2003 mods and rFactor, so hopefully I will now be able to run with the detail maxed out :). Locutus12 Thanks again for your help.

locutus12

lol, believe me, you can wack the anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering up to maximum with full graphics in game and you wont scratch the modded GTO2 with those games :D if you wanna give it a test, go download the demo of FEAR :) if you google up First Encounter Assult Recon you should find the link :)

System Name Main Rig
Processor AMD FX-6100
Motherboard Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX
Cooling Fans:1x120mm, 2x140mm
Memory 16GB Hyper-X DDR III 1866 9-11-9-27-1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6950 2GB x 2
Storage Kingston V200+ 128GB SSD + OCZ Petrol 64GB SSD + WDB 500GB + WDB 640GB + WDB 750GB
Display(s) Asus PA238QR IPS @ 1920x1080
Case Lancool
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Software Windows 8 Pro X64
I just grabbed the GTO2 today and flashed it with the ISO and I must say it was painless.... Thanks a million :p

UPDATE:6274 3DMARK05

Last edited: