• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD... Very easy :)

locutus12

X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD FOR ALL Operating Systemts. Very easy :)

howdy :), first off let me just say im not a usual member here, i actually use overclockers.co.uk forums, i built them a util to make it easy to flash the GTO2 because (and i mean no offence) the techpowerup guide is terrible lol, :D anyway, this is a simple procedure for X800GTO2 ONLY. And yes it works under all microsoft operating systems and i believe uner linux as well but im not 100% on that being as i havent tested it on that platform.

download this ISO Unzip it and burn to CD / DVD (if you have nero, open it, close the wizard and from the record menu select burn image then select the ISO, if you have easy CD creator, i dont have a clue )

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/fmohamed/shared/X800GTO2MoD.iso

step 1 boot from CD\DVD by changing the bios boot order to boot the optical drive of your choice.

step 2 Select the menu option of your choice, it will confirm a succesful flash once done.

step 3 Enjoy! :D

Recovering from a bad flash....

step 1, install a pci graphics card,

step 2, boot from DVD\CD

step 3, select option 2 from the boot menu

Step 4 Reboot and Retry the flash.

:D :D

All i ask is that you post how you get on and if you use this anywhere else, please give me credit for it as it wasnt easy to get it sorted ;)

p.s. let me know how you get on :)

EDIT: IMPORTANT. THE INITIAL FLASHROM HAD AN ERROR WHEN FLASHING BACK TO 12 PIPES, THIS HAS BEEN FIXED BUT YOU WILL NEED TO REDOWNLOAD THE ISO AND MAKE A NEW BOOT CD. SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE.

Last edited:

ShadowFlare

Processor Athlon 64 Venice 3200+ 2.0 GHz, max 2.6 GHz with Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Motherboard EpoX 9NPA+Ultra nForce4 Ultra with Zalman ZM-NB47J
Cooling All Zalman heatsinks (CNPS7000B-AlCu, ZM-NB47J, VF700-Cu)
Memory 1 GB (2x512 MB) DDR400 Corsair XMS C2 series, max 233 MHz @ 2-3-2-9 1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 256 MB PCIe max 540/600, modded to 16 pipes
Storage Seagate 80GB SATA, Maxtor 160GB PATA, Maxtor 200GB PATA
Display(s) Dell 17" Trinitron CRT
Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek chip
Power Supply Enermax Noisetaker EG495AX-VE, 485 watts, active PFC
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Windows XP Pro x64, Windows Vista RC1 32-bit
What method does it use to flash the bios? Does it just have a certain bios file that it will always flash? Or does it save a temporary copy of the original to use with the 3 step method? (save original bios, flash 16 pipeline bios without preserving rom settings, flash original bios with preserving settings)

locutus12

the GTO2 model cards are only made by sapphire and as such there is only 1 version of the original bios to worry about so theres no need to save the bios from your graphics card now as the bios ive built into it is from sapphire. the modified bios for flashing to 16 pipes was modded by techpowerup and used in the original but rather long winded and complicated instructions they gave for modding this card.

my utility does nothing more than the tech power up guide tells you to do and uses only the tools downloaded from the techpowerup guide, its just a hell of alot simpler.

you boot from the disk and it gives you 2 options to select, 1 is flash to 16 pipes the other is recover to 12, you select the one you want, hit enter and thats it. ive tested it on several platforms and on my own GTO2, its also up on 3 different forums and over 30 people have used it without a problem so far :)

kevinm

Flashing My New Gto2 Card

Hi,

First please forgive me for being a bit dim, but how do i get into the program to change my cards flash?

I have a wireless keybord that deos not work until after windows xp starts up

locutus12

plug in an ordinary keyboard silly!! :laugh: :) if you dont have one, then borrow one :toast: you could try enabling legacy USB support in the bios but again youd need a keyboard to do this....

kevinm

o.k i will dig out my old keyboard ,but how do i boot from CD\DVD by changing the bios boot order to boot the optical drive of your choice.

locutus12

depends on your bios, but you need to go into your bios and change your pc to boot from your cd drive. it should say at the start what button to press.

vinmann

I know this is open question but.....
Can you give me an idea of a good source to buy this card.
I am asking so as to minimize the chance of getting a card I cant mod.
thanks

kevinm

hi

i just received mine from www.overclockers.co.uk £152.69 (this week only)belive me this is the cheapest i have look around everywere, but this was the cheapest.

Also i have just flashed the card and now it thinks it is a x850

special thanks to locutus12 ,just flash the card perfect!!!!!

locutus12

vinmann said:
I know this is open question but.....
Can you give me an idea of a good source to buy this card.
I am asking so as to minimize the chance of getting a card I cant mod.
thanks

vinmann as long as its a sapphire GTO2 im certain it will mod :) only sapphire make the GTO2 you see :D if your from the UK use overclockers.co.uk if your from america use newegg.com if your from continental europe, good luck, i dont have a clue :)

gto2-doc

for the continent this may be interesting: http://www.mad-moxx.de/ here i bought my gto² and was surprised how fast they delivered the package (they delivered before the date they posted on the page Oo).

The installer doesn't work with my system.. he comes only to boot-option 1, then the system freezes. I did it like techPoerUp! said.. but with a other bios (the original x850xt bios). With the "modified" bios from the page it doesn't work at my system -.-' *grml*

locutus12

can you give more detail as to whats happening?? your the first person to have a problem as such :)

gto2-doc

sure. I burned the tool on cd. made it as boot-cd. then booted form the cd. it tries to boot, but only the first boot option can be seen on the screen, and the system freezes --> reset is the only way to get the computer back to work.

locutus12

well thats just strange... when you enter the bios, dont just change the boot order, try actually setting the hard drive to disabled.

gto2-doc

i flashed the bios like it was told on the techpowerup site, it worked with a standard x850xt bios. so i have no motivation to try this tool once again :p

locutus12

gto2-doc said:
i flashed the bios like it was told on the techpowerup site, it worked with a standard x850xt bios. so i have no motivation to try this tool once again :p

out of 3 forums and now over 50 people, your the only one who has had a problem... the Utility does work, tried and tested on my own pc and others before i released it :)

gto2-doc

maybe i did sth. wrong when i burned the cd.. all i do know is that it didn't work at my sys.

bradmax57

Worked perfect for me, had a failed attempt at a floppy flash, managed a blind flash back to old 12pipe bios, tried this first time perfect, thankyou very much for creating the flash image :D

outrunner

Bradmax57,

Could you let me have the details of how you blind flashed your card, my flash failed too, but so far I can't get the card to take the original BIOS and if possible could you post the .bin file you used to get the card back to it's original state?

At the moment I have not been able to locate a PCI card to to use to try reflashing the card with the utility.

Thanks

Outrunner

Last edited:

bradmax57

outrunner said:
Bradmax57,

Could you let me have the details of how you blind flashed your card, my flash failed too, but so far I can't get the card to take the original BIOS and if possible could you post the .bin file you used to get the card back to it's original state?

At the moment I have not been able to locate a PCI card to to use to try reflashing the card with the utility.

Thanks

Outrunner
Basically I was hitting esc to get into boot device, (might be mobo dependent?) and was guessing that floppy would be 1st boot device on the list, i must have been right and I could here the floppy being read, just typed the same command in but used biosold.bin as command and this time got the beeps at the end of the flash, rebooted and was fine, I guess if you have a pci card then that would help you to choose boot device

locutus12

outrunner said:
Bradmax57,

Thanks

Outrunner

did my util do this?? :(

outrunner

no mate just my mistakes when trying to follow the guide before I found this thread

locutus12

oh thank god :) where are you from? im sure i can locate you a PCI card very very cheaply :) there always useful to have...