• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800VE AIW 4pipes to 8, 12 or 16 ?

jaja_com

Hello
I will receive mine in a few days and i can tell you about it at this moment. I hope jaja don't work for LDLC .
:laugh:
No, I do not (I could, since I'm located in Lyon). But sure I made them sold some with this subject, thanks to their "advice on object" page... I really feel sorry for those who bought it and receive no more than written on the official description, because they receive something they know it could have been twice as powerfull (at least).

ol666

R@zoumikin said:
I confirme JaJa work for LDLC mine is a 31 .
Thank's for all
Mine is 33.

I have bought loctite circuit+ but i think this bottle was in the shop for a long time because no liquid in the bottle and impossible to take what is in the bottle (too solid) and it not conduct electricity !.:cry:

So I have to return to the shop in order to take my money :cry: 14€ !!!!!

I have flash the firmware before and no problem with that

I have only a problem to install properly drivers with the setup of ATI.

Dado

8 pipes

Only for stats:
I received mine 2 days ago from LDLC and it's a 33.
I made the mod with Loctite circuit + (only 11€ in Station marché :) ) and all went well
Now I'm gonna install my old passive Zalman heatpipe to see if it overheat.

Bye

ol666

Only for stats:
I received mine 2 days ago from LDLC and it's a 33.
I made the mod with Loctite circuit + (only 11€ in Station marché :) ) and all went well
Now I'm gonna install my old passive Zalman heatpipe to see if it overheat.

Bye

They give my 14€, the product didn't resist the hight temperature in july probably.
I found a good circuit+ in norauto at 11€95.
I made the mod and it works good. I have 8 active pipelines now.

Thx jaja and dolf.

ace-lo

Hi there !
Just to let you know that LDLC will refund the 75 € as I send the card back.
I really think LDLC is the only web site I'm gonna buy on !
I've bought a 6800 on GROS BILL, received it quite quickly BUT it's obviously not a new one sold as a new one !

Fortunately, I'm "lucky", I managed to activate without any artifact the 4 extra pixel pipelines and the extra vertex so I'm gonna keep it and hope it doesn't crash.

Apo007

Hi!

I've just received the same card (R420 4P, AIW x800 ve) from ldlc but my CONFIG_DIE_FUSES indicates something different: 0xFFFFFFFF. I haven't any "3" !?
I've got the Ati Catalyst 6.8 installed on my PC and ATITool_0.25b14

Any idea ?

thx !

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
hmm, all F's usually indicates the full 16 pipelines! What's the second line?

jaja_com

Wouch !
16 pipelines ! :toast:
I propose you an exchange, mine is 8, good enough for you, no ? :D

Hi!

I've just received the same card (R420 4P, AIW x800 ve) from ldlc but my CONFIG_DIE_FUSES indicates something different: 0xFFFFFFFF. I haven't any "3" !?
I've got the Ati Catalyst 6.8 installed on my PC and ATITool_0.25b14

Any idea ?

thx !

Please show us all the lines with the word "fuse" ;)

Apo007

I've installed ATITool_0.25b15 it indicates the same thing but the ATITool_0.24 (stable) hasn't these lines.

CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xFFFFFFFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0XFFFFF99C
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0x623

Is it a bug ?

Here are the screenshots

thx!

Last edited:

Apo007

I've tested to overclock this card with ATITool.

For the GPU I obtained 610 Mhz and for the memory 614 Mhz. I've played FEAR whith 600/600 about one hour without any bug.

I've just want to add that my PC is watercooled, but I've got only a waterblock from Alphacool for the GPU so the memory is not cooled.

Last edited:
I've installed ATITool_0.25b15 it indicates the same thing but the ATITool_0.24 (stable) hasn't these lines.

CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xFFFFFFFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0XFFFFF99C
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0x623

Is it a bug ?

Here are the screenshots

thx!

That card seems to be with 16 working pipes :D . But in order to get them you have to remove the cooler and to inspect the bridge area. You should find there 2 cutted bridges. Only after connection of these bridges (new ATITool fuse reading) you can open to 16 pipes. At present you probably can unlock to 8 with just BIOS flashing. (That 8 pipe BIOS can be found in the previous posts - post #85). When you flash use the following command line:
atiflash -f -p -newbios ve8p.bin (ve8p.bin have to be the 8 pipe BIOS and you have to rename it to that - or to use similar name but with max. 8 symbols). All that should be done in DOS mode. Keep us informed about your progress :). If you decide to connect the bridges please ask how to do that in order to avoid mistakes.

Last edited:

Apo007

I've just flashed the card with atiflash -f -p -newbios 0 bios8p.bin but nothing has changed expect the CONFIG_ROM_FUSES which is now 0x622.
The frequency is still the same and the active pipelines is still 4. Anything wrong ?

I've just flashed the card with atiflash -f -p -newbios 0 bios8p.bin but nothing has changed expect the CONFIG_ROM_FUSES which is now 0x622.
The frequency is still the same and the active pipelines is still 4. Anything wrong ?

The bridges have to be connected. I said that you should get 8 pipes with just BIOS flashing nothing more.

Apo007

I was not sure that I succesfully flashed the card that's why I asked if I did anything wrong because I was waiting for a message like "FLASH SUCCESSFUL" at the end.
I think I will try a bit later the HMod. Does this new version activate only 8 pipes after I connect the bridges or should I have more ?

thx you!

I was not sure that I succesfully flashed the card that's why I asked if I did anything wrong because I was waiting for a message like "FLASH SUCCESSFUL" at the end.
I think I will try a bit later the HMod. Does this new version activate only 8 pipes after I connect the bridges or should I have more ?

thx you!

It will be necessary further modification in the BIOS but it will come after the hardmod. You have to be carefull when connecting the bridges.
1. Use something sharp (knife-edge) to clean the dots because they are insulated with varnish.
2. Find conductive compound (varnish, lacquer, rear window heaters repairing car kit)
3. When connecting the dots don't fill the laser cut but make the trace around the cut (from the left side for the left bridge and from the right side for the right bridge).
4. After the hardmod take again the fuse screen shot (and post it here) just to be sure that everything is OK with the mod and it is worth to flash.

Apo007

Thanks for the help!

I will post a new message as soon as I connect the bridges in the next days!

Blas

Helo,
if have a all in wonder x800ve
this is my fuse information
what is posible

This is my fuse data :
CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xEFF31FFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0xFFFFF99C
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0x623
GB_PIPE_SELECT 0x38100
can i unlock something hard or/and soft mod

grtz

kutdu91

hello, I am KUTDU91, i'm french, I have a X800VE AIW X800VE, I have this in ATI TooL:

I already succeeded in to have 12 pipelines with a bios of X800XT but the drivers do not want to settle, could I have a BIOS like Bios8P but modify for 12 pipelines?

they is dangeureux to connect second in the gpu with HardMod?

Kutdu91 what I see above is card with 8 not with 12 pipes. If you have other X800VE please post the actual fuses because I am curious to see the fuse values from 12 pipe VE card. We have allready seen the 16 pipe (could be unlocked) VE card.

OK here you are 12 and 16 pipe X800VE AIW BIOSes:

Attachments

• bios12p.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 270
  • bios16p.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 268

kutdu91

with the bios For X800XT but the default GPU clock and Default Mem clock are 13.5 and 6.75 ? :s :):

Somethind is wrong with the clocks reading and also with the number of the pipes indicated for that exactly card. From the fuses shown here I can tell you that it should have only 8 pipes. Use one of the above X800VE BIOSes to flash it and also atiflash in DOS mode with the following command line:

atiflash -f -p -newbios 0 bios8p.bin (or bios12p.bin or bios16p.bin)