• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x800xt flash problem

montheponies

i'm tryin to reflash my x800xt with it's saved bios, but I'm getting an error (ROM not erased). I've used flashrom and atiflash without success (in the form of "atiflash -f -p 0 backup.bin").

Using flashrom -l, I got "Serial Flash ROM is locked". Is there any soft or hardware method of unlocking the ROM?

cheers.

Poisonsnak

Processor FX-8150
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme lapped & shimmed
Memory Patriot Viper Extreme 8GB DDR3-1866 9-11-9-27 1.65V
Video Card(s) MSI 6950 2GB Twin Frozr II @ 6970 875/1375
Storage Crucial M4 0309 64GB
Display(s) Dell U2410
Case Corsair 650D
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX750
Software Windows [8] Developer Preview
I have a Gigabyte's 9550D and couldn't flash to 9600 but now it's ok. I use the command:
flashrom -p 0 [filename] -sst -f
It need both -sst and -f, one parameter alone wont work.

I did a quick search and this came up as a response to the "serial flash rom is locked" error but there don't seem to be any general conclusions with this error. I would recommend you download an X800XT BIOS here: http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/ because the one you have might have been corrupted somehow when you saved it.

montheponies

thanks for that, but it's still coming up with 'ROM not erased' (the -sst switch i believe just forces the type of flash algorithm). When i do flashrom -i i get the usual line of information, but at the end of the line it still says under lock heading - yes.

dunno if it's possible to unlock :(