• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xbox One X Hardware Specs Give Gaming Desktops a Run for their Money

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
I was multiplying to get a common denominator. If a 2 core cpu running at 4 ghz has the same multi core performance of a 4 core cpu running at 2 ghz, wouldn't they have the same IPC?

Do they are the same core architecture?

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
If you think you don't need AA in 4K, then you need to get your eyesight checked.
AF at 4X is going to give you terribly blurred textures in certain angles. Not even a Titan Xp can pull the heaviest current games in 4K at 60 Hz at the highest detail level, so a gaming console with a fraction of the performance is certainly not going to do that.

We have had angle independent anisotropic filtering for quite a long time, and its usually dedicated hardware so in most new GPU's 4-8X come at no measurable performance cost.

Its also highly possible that a custom Anti-Aliasing filter is applied in hardware and left up to the developer to make sure the code is utilizing the hardware for the differing edges and surfaces. AA usually is used at the expense of memory bandwidth, and where GDDR5 and on die caches are used along side hardware specific constraints I could easily see it rendering 4K 60FPS at 4XAF and 2 or 4XAA with minimal performance degradation as the bigger the texture size the less after effects magic massaging needs done since they are aiming this at a specific 4K screen size and not varying screen sizes.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
4K is more GPU limited than CPU limited. They didn't change the CPU much because developers weren't asking for it.

Microsoft figured out how to get rendering a frame down to 16 CPU instructions so the CPU is mostly free to take care of other stuff.

If you think you don't need AA in 4K, then you need to get your eyesight checked.
Do you know how Anti-aliasing works and why it's needed for gaming? Seems clear that you don't, but hey you keep thinking that. And I'll keep enjoying my games at 120fps.
AF at 4X is going to give you terribly blurred textures in certain angles.
Seems clear you don't understand how Anisotropic Filtering works either. Hmm.
Not even a Titan Xp can pull the heaviest current games in 4K at 60 Hz at the highest detail level...
Oh, that's just wrong. You really need to stop.
, so a gaming console with a fraction of the performance is certainly not going to do that.
Did I mention consoles in the statement you're responding to? No, I didn't. I was responding to a comment about a 1080ti, not a console. Do YOU need your eyesight checked? Thinking you might..

Damn Lex, can you be any more snarky? Do you talk to people face to face like that?

Working hard to get promoted to Grand Wizzard in the PC Master Race, huh?

Damn Lex, can you be any more snarky?
You don't know me. I'm holding back. And really with that? After making comments like "Lots of BS here as well" and "you need to get your eyesight checked" you think that I'm being "snarky"?
Do you talk to people face to face like that?
Absolutely. Especially when people come off the way you did. You made a technically incorrect statement which was quickly followed up with an insult. How do you not see your error?
Working hard to get promoted to Grand Wizzard in the PC Master Race, huh?
So instead of disseminating correct and valid information, this about ego for you then? Ok, gotcha.

Last edited:
System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
That's 100% BS.
As mentioned, there is nothing making the consoles perform better per theoretical performance.

Yeah. Almost nothing. As it is hardly a typical desktop PC configuration, Blizzard had optimized Overwatch for 6 threads just for lolz.

It's the same type of hardware running the same APIs.
The same API, right.

Targeting on consoles is about fine-tuning the load to hit a certain frame rate, making the rendered image look different from desktop, not about better performing hardware.
Ah, targeting 6 cores of JAGUAR CPU is called fine tuning. I see.

That's 100% BS.
Hard to disagree.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
I was multiplying to get a common denominator. If a 2 core cpu running at 4 ghz has the same multi core performance of a 4 core cpu running at 2 ghz, wouldn't they have the same IPC?
if it was the same core... clockspeeds have nothing to do with IPC dude. You have the same IPC in a given clock cycle at 4ghz as you do at 1mhz. Its just that you are running more cycles per second...but IPC does not change.

Remember, its Instructions PER Clock.