• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX 5850 Bios Fan Mod Help

NemesisT103

Well everyone, i have decided on manually changing my XFX 5850 Bios fan settings so i dont have to be worrying about it via software anymore and i just want it to work properly. I have done this before on a Sapphire 4890 but i cant seem to get it done properly here, so im going to need help with ppl with more experience in this area to set the proper values.

This is a screenshot of Radeon Bios Editor ORIGINAL Fan settings.

I need help putting the correct values for everything to work the way i want it to be.

These are the settings i want.

Duty Cicle Min: 28%
T min: 50°

If i change those 2 settings it would mean that the fan lowest speed would be 28% and would start increasing gradually after the card reaches 50° but i tried this and it doesnt work, so obviously i have to change other settings but i have no idea what values to input. So if someone knows or can explain me or help me i would apreciate it

Thanks in advance.

##
I have been trying and i still can't seem to get it right. If anyone knows or can explain so i might be able to find the right values it would be awesome.

As for now. I got this.

T Min : 50°
T Max : 102°
T Slope %: 20
Duty Cycle Min: 28

These are the values i am missing and i got no idea how to set them or even calculate them.

Hysteresis:
Spin Up Cycle:
T Min Hysteresis:
Spin Up Time:
PWM Ramp:

Basically what i want to gain with all this, is just a good thermal control to be done by the card itself permanently so i dont have to setting up sofware nor fixed fan %.
I want the card to run at 28% fan speed ( wich for me in my case is inaudible ) up until it reaches 50° and from then on the fan speed will gradually increase by itself to keep temps low.
The factory defaults as you can see, keep the min fan speed at 22% and only starts increasing after 55° and the card generates more heat than what im comfortable with, with these default values the card hits 70° and the fan is only at 28%... that is why i want to change it.