• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX Radeon RX 5600 XT THICC III Ultra

WateroGalactico

This pro-tunes bios file seems ok to me. Memory clock is 1500MHz - that is standard for their pro-tuned bioses. GPU clock is slightly lower than Ultra edition (you have Pro edition, am I right?), but the boost clock is 1750MHz, so that is the most important thing here anyway. According to official xfx site, Pro-tuned bios for your card should have 1615MHz base GPU clock - and that's what we can see. Test your performance with 3DMark, compare your result with ours - it'll be an interesting case to discuss :)
I did the 3DMARK test and this is the result:
timespy.png

I hope that the results are ok, but like "outpt" say, I have been looking for 017.001.00.068 vBIOS, I see the GPU-z from "jdc308" and he has the 017.001.00.068 vBIOS which has a bandwidth increased, and the clocks are better, and he has the thicc 2 pro.

lseurttyuu

Your score is very good. My graphics score is 7142 (Thicc III Ultra with official Pro-tuned BIOS), so slightly worse (probably CPU difference, mine is Ryzen 2600). You won't get any better score than you got using official XFX BIOSes. The only way to boost the performance (for now) is to flash 14Gbps BIOS provided by NumbComic (click here).

XFX doesn't provide official 14Gbps BIOSes.

Mr.Boga38

Hey All. I am one of those who also got the one with 12Gbps Vbios , as here the second-best option after Sapphire one is this and Sapphire one was out of stock., I am currently using This GPU with the 14 Gbps Vbios uploaded by NumbComic.

However, I am facing this weird problem. When I set a custom fan curve, the memory clock constantly fluctuates at Load. the weirdest part is with Pro Tuned bios, the temp seems higher than the 14BGbps vbios.

i am a normal user and so far everything is fine with the 14Gbps Vbios. But yeah, XFX Should have released a 14Bgps Vbios for users like us

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
Bumping this thread, I have a Thicc II Pro coming today, it should be the 14gbps version, does anyone know if you can flash the Thicc III Ultra bios to Thicc II Pro? I've had a quick look at the verified bios files for both and seems they share the same device id in some instances so it should be possible, I'll know more when it arrives though thought I would see if anyone has done this

System Name i'm done in
Processor AMD 5950x
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory GSkil 64gb 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Power Color R7900xtx Hell Hound oh hell ya
Storage 2x wd sn770 2tb 1-4tb wd- hd 2x8tb wd hd actually 1 fire cuda
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 1440p 32" 165hz hdr monitor might go oled
Case Corsair 4000D Air Flow
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G5 80+ Gold
Mouse logitech and roccet wcord
Keyboard logitech
Software W10 forever
Used the xfx rx 5600xt thicc lll pro to flash my thicc ll pro.stable as can be.you can use afterburner to tweak.

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
Used the xfx rx 5600xt thicc lll pro to flash my thicc ll pro.stable as can be.you can use afterburner to tweak.
Nice, that's the info I was looking for, I thought it would be possible and it's the first thing I intended to do when it arrived just cause... You know :rockout:

How do you find the temps, I seen a YouTube review where the gpu temp was fine at about 80c max though the hotspot temps were a bit high at around 95c, any issues?

damba_

Hi.
Does anyone have 14 gbps BIOS for XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc II PRO?
I've flashed BIOS from XFX site, but it is still 12gbps and sometimes I get black screen.
I am using latest drivers (20.8.1). Older drivers got me same results.
I tried to flash BIOS mentioned in this thread, this one, but during flashing PC restarted and fortunately gpu wasn't bricked.
Is there any other BIOS I could try?
Thank you.

lseurttyuu

People in this thread reported that Thicc III Ultra BIOS provided here works for Thicc II Pro as well. Imo you should try to flash it one more time, as PC restart you experienced seems quite a random thing to me.

I've flashed BIOS from XFX site, but it is still 12gbps and sometimes I get black screen.
That's weird, it shouldn't be a case. Unfortunately it may be a silicon lottery (perhaps tweaking voltages in Wattman would help... give it a shot).

Is there any other BIOS I could try?
XFX doesn't provide 14Gbps BIOSes officially, but if you write a message to XFX support, they'll probably send you BIOS file you want to acquire (as they sent one to me).

damba_

I tried different BIOS from this site, this one, and it worked.
MSI afterburner shows core clock 1780 MHz and memory clock 1750 MHz.
When I tried to play GTA 5 with those settings, game froze, and when I downclocked core to 1600 MHz, it worked without problems.
I'll try to contact XFX support for 14Gbps BIOS for Thicc II.
I'll test it with some other games to see if there's any issues.

Mr.Boga38

I tried different BIOS from this site, this one, and it worked.
MSI afterburner shows core clock 1780 MHz and memory clock 1750 MHz.
When I tried to play GTA 5 with those settings, game froze, and when I downclocked core to 1600 MHz, it worked without problems.
I'll try to contact XFX support for 14Gbps BIOS for Thicc II.
I'll test it with some other games to see if there's any issues.
I face a lot of random crashes and force restart while using the 14GBps vbios on the Thic 3 ultra. Later had to resort to 12 Gbps pro tuned bios. Seems fine now.

lucasb

Hi again guys, back to share with you my experience after a 2 months using the 14gbps bios (numbcomic). The gain in performance its real, in my RDR2 for example, my avg fps with pro-tuned bios its about 58~61fps, and with the numbcomic bios the same game with the same config jump to 67~72fps. BUT i start to have some issues like bad frametime in other games, for example Sea of Thieves and Horizon Zero Dawn. In the majority of my games, the gain of fps its clearly, but the gameplay its not so smoothly, i have experienced bad frametimes and constantly frame drops (except in some games like RDR2). So, i back to the official pro tuned-bios and all back to normal, my Sea of Thieves, for example, its soooo much more smoothly, however, i lost all the performance that the 14gbps numbcomic bios give. The XFX apparently will not release a official 14gbps bios, and dont care for the consumers. In the end, i've sold my gpu yesterday and took a RTX 2060 Super Galax. I'm so disappointed with the XFX, because its a great card, with great power and nice temps and they dont release a official 14gbps bios only to sell the new 14gbps gpu's version :(

lseurttyuu

I'm very curious whether all these issues could be solved by some in-BIOS voltages tweaking... I guess they could, but neither XFX or AMD want to take any action.

Mr.Boga38

Hi again guys, back to share with you my experience after a 2 months using the 14gbps bios (numbcomic). The gain in performance its real, in my RDR2 for example, my avg fps with pro-tuned bios its about 58~61fps, and with the numbcomic bios the same game with the same config jump to 67~72fps. BUT i start to have some issues like bad frametime in other games, for example Sea of Thieves and Horizon Zero Dawn. In the majority of my games, the gain of fps its clearly, but the gameplay its not so smoothly, i have experienced bad frametimes and constantly frame drops (except in some games like RDR2). So, i back to the official pro tuned-bios and all back to normal, my Sea of Thieves, for example, its soooo much more smoothly, however, i lost all the performance that the 14gbps numbcomic bios give. The XFX apparently will not release a official 14gbps bios, and dont care for the consumers. In the end, i've sold my gpu yesterday and took a RTX 2060 Super Galax. I'm so disappointed with the XFX, because its a great card, with great power and nice temps and they dont release a official 14gbps bios only to sell the new 14gbps gpu's version :(
I think I will move to the new ampere series or 2070s super later. XFX Literally ripped us off!!