• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX RX 560, but it's actually RX 460 - crashing and freezing.

RudyFrost

Hello everyone, after weeks of searching and reading I decided to open account here.
Just want to say that I already tried to troubleshoot and check other components. Card has been tested on 3 different machines and results are the same everywhere.
Symptoms:
Depending on drivers card sometimes even crashes during driver installation. With some drivers I am getting driver crash error in browser, other work fine until I try to game which gives me either solid color screen, reboot or black screen with a sound loop or buzzing.
From what I've seen voltage is OK, temperature does not go over 60C under full load.
What I tried:
Different computers, different bios (even bricked it and unbricked), different drivers. XFX support sent me original bios for the card after I registered product there. I wasn't sure if previous owner changed it. He didn't it was same original bios.

This is XFX RX 560D with unlocked shaders out of the box or "improved" RX 460 sold as 560.

I found out that many people have this exact problem with this exact card but I didn't see solution.
Is there some bios or drivers fix for this or card is simply garbage and I should forget about it?
I am bit tired at this point trying to make if work.

Only thing that worked is down-clocking GPU and VRAM but I am not happy with that.

Update, I used pixel patcher for home hacked/unlocked cards and didn't crash during 2 hours stress test. Before that It would crash within 10 minutes with same test.

Update 2, It crashed after 3 hours of testing.... I am out of ideas.

Last edited: