• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

xfx rx480 8gb flashed to saphire rx580

System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Motherboard ASROCK X370 KILLER SLI
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO
Memory 24GB DDR4 @ 2800MHZ, 16GB Muskin Redline, 8gb Corsair LPX
Video Card(s) xfx rx480 rs updated to saphire rx580
Storage 120 Nvme, 1TB Hdd
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply thermaltake 620w
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
Just thought that i would post my results. I have successfully flashed my xfx rx480 8gb with saphire rx580 bios. This one to be exact.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191262/sapphire-rx580-8192-170320

Update: check 7 under "updates, fixes and progress" below for more info on other bios files that i have flashed. also check under "list of what has been tested" for a list of tested cards using the above bios.

here is a gpuz screenshot after the flash:

just switched the bios switch and took a screenshot of gpuz showing the oem rx480 bios that the card came with.

seems legit.

At the time of writing this i could not find windows 8.1 drivers from amds website so i had to manually install them from device manager. will update later and report back.

Update: Please check 6 under "update fixes and progress"

it seems stable at stock clocks in the witcher 3 wild hunt and running UserBenchmark. if i touch the core clock at all in MSI Afterburner and try to run any kind of test it will immediately crash the driver.
(UPDATE) i am now using stock rx580 clocks of core@1411 and mem@2000 with a +24mv to the core. card has been completely stable since. no crashes in benchmarks or artifact. event viewer is clean also. all benchmarks are using the stock clocks of each bios with new settings.

Here are some benchmarks:

Furmark

UserBenchmark

Passmark

More Benchmarks by biffzinker here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/xfx-rx480-8gb-flashed-to-saphire-rx580.232489/page-10

========================POWER AND THERMAL NOTICE========================

Many of the rx500 series cards have an 8pin+6pin or just 8pin configuration. most rx400 series cards just have an 8pin or 6pin design. this could cause power issues. i have not heard of any yet but just be aware that anything could go wrong. you are modding your card so be prepared for the worst. you will lose your warranty. please watch your temperatures. if your card runs hot now and you already have a custom fan profile this bios will only make it run hotter because of the higher voltage values permitted by the rx580 bios. you may be flashing for various reasons, that's your business. i flashed my card to see what would happen. I now have an rx580 thats stable. before i could not get my core clock over 1350. now im at 1411.

Another issue that needs to be addressed is the fact that the rx500 series of cards has been updated to address many of the heat and or power issues of the rx400 series. this is why the new cards can run with higher voltage values and stay within temp. i try to address temperature issues with fan profile settings i listed under the "stability" section of this post. PLEASE WATCH YOUR TEMPS. i feel that anything under 85 under Extreme loads is ok. keep an eye on vram temps as well.

==============================Bios Flashing===============================

Now for those who are going to try and flash their cards. PLEASE READ!

It is recommended that if you are going to flash to the rx500 series that you find a bios from a card that is similar to yours. such as who made the card ex. gigabyte, asus, msi. simply download the bios from the Techpowerup VGA database and rename it to rx580.rom and replace the one inside the rx580 flash files folder.

I need to include this WARNING that i am not responsible for any damage that may occur to your card as a result of trying to flash your cards bios! MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR OLD BIOS. PLEASE READ UP ON HOW TO BIOS FLASH THESE CARDS AND GET AS MUCH KNOWLEDGE BEFORE HAND AS POSSIBLE. I have provided the files i used to simply make it as easy as possible. My card has a dual bios switch so if something went wrong i could easily recover. Also I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THE CREATION OF ATIFLASH. i only edited a small potion of the file so that i could flash my card.

Now for flashing the card i attached the version of atiflash that i used and included it as a rar. you will need to extract the folder. afterwards all you need to do is right click "BIOS FLASH" and run it as administrator. if this does not work than run it by just double clicking. it should update your card with the new bios. if this still does not work, open "ATIFLASH" as admin and leav it open, dont press anything! Now open "Bios Flash" regularly by double clicking or enter. this should do it.

================================Recovery================================

if you need to recover your bios just find it on the TPU vga database and download it. rename it to rx480 or whatever you want. then copy it to the rx580 flash files folder. after that right click on the "bios flash" file and click edit, you will see were it says rx580 inside the bios. rename it to whatever you called the backup bios and save then close. now you are ready to recover the bad bios. read on to learn how to recover the bios.

1. is for duel bios
2. is for no bios switch

1. To recover for those of you who have a duel bios switch make sure that the switch is set on the bad bios before recovering. you can do this by shutting down the computer, switching the bios switch to the backup bios and booting back up. after you are in windows switch the bios switch to the one that needs to be recovered and run the Bios flash file that you just edited. run as admin and if that does not work just run it normal. now you can just leave the bios switch in this position.

2. For those of you who have only one bios than you will need a secondary card or on board graphics. once you get your pc to boot into windows with the backup gpu installed open up a command prompt and navigate to were you put the rx580 flash files. for this i will assume its on the root of C: drive.

Type "cd/" Press enter. you are now at the root of c: drive. Type "cd rx580 flash files" Press enter. you are now in rx580 flash folder. Type "atiflash -i" Press enter. you will see a list pop up with a column on the far left called adapter. this part is important so pay attention, look on the list to see witch card you want to recover. than look at the adapter number given for that cad. got it? good. now navigate in windows to the rx580 flash file folder and once inside right click on "bios Flash" and click edit. You should see the number "0" change this to the adapter number that correlates to the card you want to recover. once you have done that save and close the file. you can now run the bios flash file assuming you FOLLOWED ALL STEPS AND READ THREW COMPLETELY. run as admin or normal.

This file will only work with the 8gb models ONLY! ALSO DO NOT TRY FLASHING YOUR CARD IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. RESULTS WILL VARY FROM CARD TO CARD SO MINOR OR MAJOR TWEAKS MAY BE NEEDED TO GAIN STABILITY.

Update: this is a more in depth guide on how to flash and recover your cards if you need more help.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/amd-ati-flashing-guide.212849/

===============================STABILITY================================

Okay so their are users reporting stability issues, my suggestion is to download MSI Afterburner and try out these tweaks in this order.

1. make a custom fan profile using these settings in msi afterburner. you can fine tune it later but for now use it

fan speed % 35% 50% 60% 75% 85% 100%
Temperature C. 30c, 50c, 60c, 70c, 75c, 80c

2. take the core voltage and slowly increase it up to 50mv until its safe, like 8mv, 12mv, so on. just find what makes it stable. don't go above 50mv. if you take it above that i don't know what will happen because i have not tested it, it might fix your issue or not

. if number 2 fails try downclocking and overvolting. take the core down to 1390 with a 24mv core voltage increase.

4. if number 2 and 3 fail than revert back to stock bios. OR go to step 5 at your own risk.

5. so user biffzinker in his post on page six brought up an application called wattTool that can apparently give you more access to the voltage values set in the bios. i did not create wattTool and dont take credit for its creation. you can find it on overclock.net. please support development of this application when you get a chance. it can be found here.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1609782/...ith-vrm-monitoring-tweaking-for-rx-400-series

not going to get much into this but found in interesting for those with stability issues. this is not for the faint of heart so please read up on it.

========================UPDATES, FIXES and PROGRESS:=======================

1. GPUZ 1.20.0 Fixes the subvendor issue so please update gpuz if this is an issue.

2. my new settings in msi afterburner are:
Core@1411mhz, Mem@2000, Core Volatge +24mv, Power slider set to 50. was having minor hicups while stress testing. im going to mess around some more but i have not had a single issue after adjusting it.

3. The Rx580 draws more power and thus generates more heat. i highly recommend a custom fan profile. i have noticed that my card will start to decrease clocks around 82-83c when stress testing. the profile i am using can be found in the "stability" section above.

4. So after doing a little bit of reading i have come across people claiming that there are different voltage controllers for the different model of cards. apparently my card has the same controller as the rx580 nitro that i just flashed to and that might explain why i was able to flash to the new bios. if yours wont flash because of this please let me know. as i yet it has not been brought up.

5. if the card will not post try switching to hdmi. this had come up and apparently switching to hdmi fixed the issue. i myself am using hdmi. (Thanks go to biffzinker for finding this)

if you have the XFX RS RX480. (UPDATED!! Please Read!)

Turns out one of the DisplayPort Connectors is nonfunctional on some cards, but if you move up to the second connector you should get a image on the monitor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So: DVI - HDMI - DisplayPort - DisplayPort - Mini DisplayPort
Plug into this instead
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: it seems that the best way to avoid having any issues upgrading to the rx580 bios is to find one from the same manufacturer as your current card that also has the same display port configuration.1

6. for windows 8.1 i found that if you download the windows 7 drivers for the rx580 and install them from device manager on 8.1 it will install the drivers this way too. you have have to extract the package and then direct windows 8.1 to the driver location (its in Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF) in the extracted folder. you can also do this with win7 and 10. just download there respected drivers from the AMD website.

7. so i have tried out some other bios files in the unofficial bios section on TPU.

MSI RX580: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191334/191334
Powercolor RX580: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191272/191272

Both worked fine at stock setting. Tho i should note that the Powercolor bios maintained full boost clock speeds threw furmark while the msi bios dropped down to 1308. the msi bios ran slightly cooler than the Powercolor bios which is to be expected but was only down 1fps in furmark.

===========================list of what has been tested=======================

Please reply back to my inbox with your cards info so that i can make this list. this list does not guarantee full functionality it just confirms that the bios will flash to the card. you may still need to tinker. this thread is still young and i am working on the stability section.

Please use this format

Model of card, ASIC Quality, works or deos not.

RX-480P836BM, 66.7%, works. -user manitox

RX-480P836BM, 72.4%, works now! -user biffzinker (flashing bios caused display port to stop working but switching to hdmi fixed.)

xfx GTR Black edition, 76.3%, Works -user irekski

RX-480M8BFA6 RX480, 81.7%, Works -user aGeoM

XFX RX480 GTR RX-480P8DFA6, 78.7%, Works. -user Gumby

XFX RX 480 Triple X Edition, not available at this time, Works. -user TheJedi

Power Color Red Devil, 77.1%, Works. -user Arys64

Gigabyte G1 Gaming Rx480 76.99 Works. -user ImRobi

RX-480P8DBA6, 68.0%, Works. -user s10hotrod

RX-480P8DBA6, 66.8%, Works. -user odombones94 (downclocked due to stability issues)

MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB, not available at this time, Works. -user glasforex

XFX GTR XXX RX480 8GB, 87.7%, Works. -user ptesmoke

Reference XFX RX 480 8GB, 80.6%, Works. -user Xcat2008

XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 8GB, 75%, Works. -user atahual

-------------------Works with OC----------------------

MSI Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8gb @1450/2200mhz ASIC Quality 75.2% -User Snowman88

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 24,530
  • rx580 flash files.rar
    271.3 KB · Views: 2,704
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    294 KB · Views: 9,524
  • Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 4,443
  • Capture8.PNG
    Capture8.PNG
    24.9 KB · Views: 3,733
  • Capture9.PNG
    Capture9.PNG
    39.4 KB · Views: 3,612
  • Capture10.PNG
    Capture10.PNG
    49.5 KB · Views: 3,233
  • rx480run.PNG
    rx480run.PNG
    158.5 KB · Views: 3,807
  • rx580run.PNG
    rx580run.PNG
    115.8 KB · Views: 3,515
  • msi setup.PNG
    msi setup.PNG
    328.5 KB · Views: 4,154
Last edited:
System Name Storm Wrought | Blackwood (HTPC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x @stock | i7 2600k
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WIFI m-ITX | Some POS gigabyte board
Cooling Deepcool AK620, BQ shadow wings 3 High Spd, stock 180mm |BQ Shadow rock LP + 4x120mm Noctua redux
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x32GB 4000MHz | 2x4GB 2000MHz @1866
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6800XT Red Dragon | PNY a2000 6GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 1TB, 1TB KC3000, 850EVO 500GB, 2+8TB Seagate, LG Blu-ray | 120GB Sandisk SSD, 4TB WD red
Display(s) Samsung UJ590UDE 32" UHD monitor | LG CS 55" OLED
Case Silverstone TJ08B-E | Custom built wooden case (Aus native timbers)
Audio Device(s) Onboard, Sennheiser HD 599 cans / Logitech z163's | Edifier S2000 MKIII via toslink
Power Supply Corsair HX 750 | Corsair SF 450
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse| Some logitech one
Keyboard GMMK w/ Zelio V2 62g (78g for spacebar) tactile switches & Glorious black keycaps| Some logitech one
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Edu | Ubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores Look in the various benchmark threads
I have to ask, why would you bother? I can't see what is to be gained by flashing it to a RX 580 over a 480.

System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
higher stock clocks and before i could not get the card to overclock past 1350mhz on the core. now im at 1411.

higher stock clocks and before i could not get the card to overclock past 1350mhz on the core. now im at 1411.

You are aware of the fact that "stock clocks" are something the manufacturer decided to be stable and safe?
And that there could be a reason why you couldn't OC past 1350MHz...
RX500 is said to have improved manufacturing process (even if with the same design). You're simply doing OC beyond what your RX480 was designed for...

System Name Storm Wrought | Blackwood (HTPC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x @stock | i7 2600k
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WIFI m-ITX | Some POS gigabyte board
Cooling Deepcool AK620, BQ shadow wings 3 High Spd, stock 180mm |BQ Shadow rock LP + 4x120mm Noctua redux
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x32GB 4000MHz | 2x4GB 2000MHz @1866
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6800XT Red Dragon | PNY a2000 6GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 1TB, 1TB KC3000, 850EVO 500GB, 2+8TB Seagate, LG Blu-ray | 120GB Sandisk SSD, 4TB WD red
Display(s) Samsung UJ590UDE 32" UHD monitor | LG CS 55" OLED
Case Silverstone TJ08B-E | Custom built wooden case (Aus native timbers)
Audio Device(s) Onboard, Sennheiser HD 599 cans / Logitech z163's | Edifier S2000 MKIII via toslink
Power Supply Corsair HX 750 | Corsair SF 450
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse| Some logitech one
Keyboard GMMK w/ Zelio V2 62g (78g for spacebar) tactile switches & Glorious black keycaps| Some logitech one
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Edu | Ubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores Look in the various benchmark threads
Also, have you tried a multi hour session of the witcher 3, then you'll know if it is stable or not. I'm willing to bet that it isn't stable at 1411MHz if you couldn't overclock past 1350MHz when it was using a RX 480 BIOS

System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
sometimes the max overclock can be limited by settings inside the bios that cannot be changed. this mod is kinda like the days when the hd7970 could be flashed to the r9 280x. everyone's results will slightly be different. amd has a past history with this type of stuff. i had an r9 290 that i did something similar to with a bios that a guy modded from a r9 390. only difference was really the memory. i agree with what you posted but i think that most people will be interested in this mod for the same reasons as me.

will give it a go in furmark

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
I have to ask, why would you bother? I can't see what is to be gained by flashing it to a RX 580 over a 480.
Perhaps lower power consumption in HEVC/h264 playback.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Hell yeah! +5fps for free! :D:rockout:

If it works (god knows for how long..)

Better yet, buy a faster card in the first place.:)

System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
just put it threw two preset 1080p runs and saw no errors. boosts clocks seem to be more consistent. does run hotter.

heres a link to my result:

http://www.ozone3d.net/gpudb/score.php?which=404325

just ran it threw another test and it is working fine. no i will not leave it stress testing using furmark, that would burn it out. seems stable. ill play witcher some more and try metro 2033 out to see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
thanks for testing\doing this bios mod.
and dont mind the negative comments.

i just use gputool\or furmark for short testing max temp and then games\that´s stable enough for me.

System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
thanks! i kept reading that the rx580 would just be a refresh so i figured why not put give it a shot. its always fun to try this type of stuff out.

Processor 5960x
Memory 32 Viper
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
thats the spirit !
are ya seeing a difference in voltage?

System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
never measured the voltage on the stock bios but with this mod I am running around 1.88-1.163 in furmark.

System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad T480
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i7-8550U Kaby Lake-R
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo 20L60036MX Bios 1.47
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo WN-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Nvidia GeForce MX™ 150 2GB GDDR5 Micron
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ SKHynix 256GB 2242 3x2
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | AUO 14" 1440p IPS
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Tempered Glass White/Black | Lenowo T480 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Akko 3108 DS Horizon V2 Cream Yellow | T480 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
never measured the voltage on the stock bios but with this mod I am running around 1.88-1.163 in furmark.

u mean 1.088-1.163v right? bcs 1.88v is really high.

System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
1.188 not 1.88 lol

Processor 5960x
Memory 32 Viper
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
here is a gpuz screenshot while playing the witcher 3. i set vddc to max and power draw to max so that you can see how high the two have gone after a 30min run. the game is still working in the background when i took this screenshot. the core clock stays consistent. this bios does run noticeably warmer than the stock bios. im guessing that the extra voltage comes from the higher tdp of the 580 bios and the added 123 mhz gained from this mod. i would take this info with a grain of salt tho because gpuz might be reporting the wrong voltage.

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 4,567
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
My GPU has yet to reach 70 degrees... The max I saw was about 65C benchmarking with 27C ambient temp and core over 2000MHz..
Ok granted it's an GTX1070 I have..

But 75 degrees is still hot for a new-ish gen graphics card IMO.

Not dangerous though...Just how comfortable are you with these temps...

System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
The gpu stayed around 71 at max before the mod but now it goes to 75-80 under extreme loads. I don't mind at all with these temps.

Well enjoy your extra 5fps and extra 100 points in benchmarks! :D;)

The gpu stayed around 71 at max before the mod but now it goes to 75-80 under extreme loads. I don't mind at all with these temps.
Well, I don't know if you intend to stay on this forum (because this thread is your first activity).
If yes, could you please post here when the card dies? :)

System Name Zargana's antiquity
Processor AMD FX 8370 (Stock)
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth 990 FX (V.1)
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 240mm
Memory KINGSTON 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX T1 PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 480 GTR (Stock)
Storage Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256gb and 2 x 500gb Seagate 7200 rpm
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T220
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
Power Supply SUPERFLOWER LEADEX 80 PLUS PLATINUM BLACK 850W
Mouse Genius Gila Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion
Benchmark Scores Time Spy GPU @1425 Score= 4251 - Temp Max: 73 Fire Strike GPU@1425 Score= 9123 - Temp Max: 70
System Name Boss
Processor RYZEN 7 1700X
Display(s) Pavilion 25cw
Case DIYpc Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech k400r
Software Windows 10
I was thinking about trying that one, but first I wanted to see if I could get the lower core one to work first. Had gotten a few hiccups with the core voltage, but I set that to to +24 on msi afterburner and I haven't gotten a single hiccup afterwards.