• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xigmatek case modding

techace

Hi guys..
I have a Xigmatek Nebula case and it just looks like one cubed box that I wish to mod.
As I am planning to install a few fancy components (still planning phase) such as liquid coolers/radiators and LED fans, I would like to be able to display insides of the case just for viewing purposes at an IT show.
So what I wish to do is cut out one of the three panels and in this panel I wish to replace this hole/gap with plexiglass so that people are able to view inside.
I know that Xigmatek has other cases with tempered glass but this particular model does not and there is no specific clear panel that Xigmatek sells.

So my question is, has anyone cut out an aluminum panel to replace the hole/gap glued with plexiglass ?

As I lack in home economic skills, what is the best way to do this? Is there any panels that are sold on the market for this particular model?:confused:

Xigmatek Nebula case can be seen here: http://www.xigmatek.com/product_detail.php?item=75
Your answers is much appreciated.:respect:

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
There are a few videos on youtube how to cut a window into your panel.

Ebo

System Name the little fart
Processor AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard MSI x470 gaming plus
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S
Memory 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 2400Mhz DDR 4
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX Vega 56 Pulse
Storage 1 Crucial MX100 512GB SSD,1 Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, 1 1,5TB WD Black Caviar, 1 4TB WD RED HD
Display(s) IIyama XUB2792QSU IPS 2560x1440
Case White Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar SE pci-e card
Power Supply Thermaltake DPS G 1050 watt Digital PSU
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software windows 10 64 pro bit
I have done it long time ago when cases were off white and no plexisides could be bourght.

Just like you I had no experience in doing it, but I had a clear idea of how I wanted it to look once it was finished.
I messured up on the sidepanel where the window should be, put on some painting tape, drilled the 4 corners first with a small drill then a bigger to get rounded corners, cut the rest out with a Dremel carefully and sanded down the edges. I put 3 fan outtakes in the top 120mm that was messured up with a teacup and cut those out.

I went off to our local homedepot and bourght some 5mm plexiglass, some Ferrari red spreypaint and primer for plastic and black for the inside of the case.

From start to finish it took 3 evenings including the paint job, and the result came out just as I had hoped, in fact it was so good that my "then wife" wanted the system when we got divorced some years later.

All of this you get in a normal case today, but I made it in 1998, WOW thats 21 years ago..........uuummmmm wonder where I put my dremel?.

It can be made on a very small budget, little bit of work and its a lot of fun doing it yourself:clap: then off to have a well earned :toast:.