1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XtremeSystems Forum Back Up!

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by CyberDruid, Apr 1, 2009.

1. twilyth Guest

If you say so. :laugh:

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. SparkyJJO

SparkyJJO New Member

Thanks Received:
    So THAT is where it all went! Geez man, share some and stop hording it all :laugh:

3. Hicks

Hicks New Member

Thanks Received:
    He's a popcorn whore just like he is a pie whore!! :D

4. loonym

loonym New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I voluntarily join or participate in forums, groups, clubs, or any other social organization/activity, on or off the web, it's because there are like minded people there, and it is interesting and enjoyable to me. Not to try and criticize or control it. When it becomes something less than enjoyable or I disagree with policies, procedures, activities, etc, then I should, and do, simply stop participating.

5. Naekuh

Naekuh New Member

Thanks Received:
    ummm....

if you want to use that analogy...

no no one is ignoring any complaints, were listening to them, but no one but charles has any power to change them.

So a better analogy is you got a 10k neon sign in vegas which went bright for the first 30 or so pages, and just lost its fire so now its a dead sign.

Meaning we hear all your complaints, however, at this point after 2 weeks, we just dont give a dayam anymore.

If you leave, im sorry to see ya guys leave, but honestly, you arent important. Im also not important.
    If you think your gonna make a black hole in your empty seat, your sadly wrong.

The Forum was built by a few members and then grew when promoted.
    All it takes is another few members to promote it once again, so you guys leaving really isnt missed.

6. SparkyJJO

SparkyJJO New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't put it that way, I don't want to see members leave because of this :(

7. Sadasius

Sadasius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well something is going on at XS. I just got 109 emails from threads and such in my inbox from the site.

8. Naekuh

Naekuh New Member

Thanks Received:
    personally i do.

if there complaining this hard after 2 weeks, imagine if something else went wrong.

As i said, first week, i'll give it to you guys.
    It takes a while to break a habit.. but 2 weeks, dude, herion adicts get over herion in a shorter amount of time when using methidone.

:nutkick:

If they leave, we can fill the seats, people are being born every day, a new computer is being built every hour, and someone is always gonna have questions which can only be answered on XS.

Sorry if i sound a bit mean, but seriously dude... its getting real old, and we heard it all in the first 40 or so pages.

9. vapor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everyone has so many subscriptions it seems :wtf:

I only get PM notification (I get a lot of PMs....) and reported posts and I never get nearly as many during the purges compared to others :twitch:

10. fart_plume

fart_plume Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    generally the forum used to take 2 days to do a full back up which Fugger does once a year, and incrimentals backs up all through he year, and it just so happened this episode started during the yearly back up. Now how much faster the ssd's will be at doing the backups, I don't know...........

11. skinnee

skinnee New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its going...slow and steady. I'm hoping I can complete a block or two this weekend. Going to release individual reviews and then a final comparison thread. Similar to how I did the first round of triple radiator testing.

Which reminds me...I need to finish the second round and chipset block reviews. And finish my DDC testing. It never stops... :banghead:

And, I'm all out of popcorn now that Sparky came to sit by me.

12. fart_plume

fart_plume Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    yes I'm still here watching. I get 3 days a week off, so I can have Sail rabbit , Sail squirrel and the occasional Sail skunk ready at all times!

13. Sadasius

Sadasius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Something to look forward to. It is much appreciated skinnee! :rockout:

14. skinnee

skinnee New Member

Thanks Received:
    :up:

Also, still need to get a hold of a HK...things have been sold out for weeks. I have the backplate coming, but blocks are still sold out. :(

15. radaja

radaja Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    I do say so!
    you know,i have to wonder mcoffey are you and twilyth and a few others paid by the post from RR or only when that post gets a reaction?i can see you guys now with you headset's on and General.RR coordinating the assualts,ordering you when to strike.its so sad you keep saying were only asking questions,but we all know thats not whats going on,dont we?everytime we get some news about XS's ,your there.BAM like a well oiled machine,spewing your negativity,repeating the same old crap about how you somehow deserve to know every step as to whats going on with the site being down.and since you cant get it you do the what all babies do,kick and cry and point fingers and lay blame and worse yet insult the man who offers this great site to us for free.i think most can see through your claims of innocence here.you guys seem to show yourselves in this thread when there is some kind of good news about XS's,and then the thread always takes a turn for the worse.ill most likely get in trouble for posting this,but thats ok,its the truth.ill wait till XS is back up and stay out of TPU.im getting so tired of this kind of thread crapping and negativity.
    logging out,bye

16. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Enough. Please enjoy the other threads, topics, and features available here at Techpowerup.com. XS will be back up when it's back up, rumors, and vague "I heard it will be up soon" posts are unnecessary, but if you have anything concrete to add feel free to do so.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
    123bob, Hicks, CDdude55 and 2 others say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  17. Polaris573

Thanks Received:
    We've decided it's unfair to lock this thread, since so many people are enjoying it, just because a few people are causing trouble. You people are understandably frustrated with a bad situation and deserve a place to vent it.

loonym, SparkyJJO, Sadasius and 2 others say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  18. radaja

radaja Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    thank you and sorry everyone for the mess i caused

19. Naekuh

Naekuh New Member

Thanks Received:
    we detrailed this thread so much, it has to be a new record for you guys. :roll:

(seriously i appologize to the mods here, i know how hard it is to be a mod because im one on AT).

20. SparkyJJO

SparkyJJO New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Polaris... and sorry :eek:

21. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Polaris im bringing donuts on monday!!!

22. Polaris573

Thanks Received:
    It wasn't you personally so there is no need to apologize. With all the negativity and a person getting banned I thought it might be good to put an end to the thread before it exploded again. It may not have been the best choice. Now the thread will stay open and members causing trouble will be delt with on an individual basis. It's more labor intensive, but also more fair.
    It's hard to derail a thread whose original topic was an April fools joke. :laugh:

radaja says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  23. Sadasius

Sadasius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Once XS opens up again, which forum are you going to run to first? I know I am hitting the LC section with a vengeance and then the news section.

24. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    sorry not a XS member... LC?

25. Hicks

Hicks New Member

Thanks Received:
    liquid cooling

WhiteLotus says thanks.