1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your Opinion About This Setting

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by oollpp, Aug 7, 2006.

1. oollpp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, new and all :nutkick:
    I am trying out the ATITool today and I wanted to know your opinions about this.

I have a 128MB ATI Radeon x600 Mobility in my laptop which I want to overclock and these are the numbers I got:
    Default is 400/230 and when I let the prog search for the max they peaked at 472/291 and then settled down at 461/289 and it didn't go lower than that after running both the core and memory test for about 1 hour.

I am taking the safe route and want to set the card to 451/279, so taking 10Mhz off from the figures AtiTool gave me. What do you think, am I being too cautious and should use the figures ATITool gave me or is better to set it 10Mhz lower, just in case? And also, will the increase be really noticable, seeing it will be 51Mhz higher for the core and 49Mhz higher for the memory?

BTW, I obviously take responsibilty for anything that happens to my card, so speak freely :cool:

Cheers.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you monitor any temps on the GPU when you started to oc? I am not sure what are good temps for a Laptop VGA, but monitor the temps with the ATi tool. IMO they shouldn't get higher then 50 degrees celcius. This is during load. :D But hey if they're no artifacts using the highest clock you got, shoot why not use it?

Jd

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. ARTOSOFT New Member

Thanks Received:
    OT a bit,

Is there any standard temperature max for PC Vga card? Mine is under full load is about 54-55degreeC. Is that ok?

Regards,
    Arto.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. oollpp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheers for your reply. I don't know where it shows the temperature on ATITool, but it isn't that much warmer then without oc (just a bit more), I noticed while playing Half-life 2 and Flatout 2....I used the safe setting (meaning taking 10Mhz off what ATITool gave me), both games better performance and no artifacts, whatsoever :pimp:

Now I will try it on Far Cry and Battlefield 2.

Cheers again.

10 Year Member at TPU