• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

youtube videos not loading (need help)

techohead

hello to everyone, i'm having a problem with youtube at the moment, which i need to fix cause i use youtube regularly. when i click on the link to watch a video, the page opens, but the area where the video should display just says loading, with a black background behind it. the video never loads no matter how long it's left. i use firefox, so i downloaded every patch or flash update i could find. i tried IE, same problem. the odd thing is that some videos do load and play normally, but only very few, and i've not managed to find a connection between those that do work and those that don't. maybe it's a youtube problem, because a few of my friends have the same problem. help me please!!!

d44ve

Processor Intel E6600 @ 4.2GHZ Wo0t!
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme & eVGA 680i A1
Cooling Phase Change !!
Memory OCZ SLI 1066MHZ (2GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800 GTX
Storage Western Digital 320 GB
Case Antec 900
Power Supply Lian-Li V2000
Software Vista Ultimate
have you made sure all of your codecs are up to date and installed?

also, have you checked media player and quicktime to make sure they are working properly too

techohead

i havenn't checked codecs... all i know is i've got flash player, and the videos used to work consistantly. also, some videos that used to load don't any more, and vice versa

d44ve

Cooling Phase Change !!
Case Antec 900
Software Vista Ultimate
do you remember installing anything or going to differant web pages than you normally do or anything else around the time this started happening?

d44ve

Cooling Phase Change !!
Case Antec 900
Software Vista Ultimate
why did you reinstall it?

techohead

i formated my C and restored a ghost image to it. not really a reinstall. the same problem happens on my dads computer, but a few more videos load on that one, it's running IE. also i didn't immediately get the problem after restoring the ghost. it went wrong a few days later.

hinny

well.. i have this same problem. nothing wrong with the codecs. the video is loading when i load it from a proxy.

techohead

i've tried lots of proxies, none of which even display the flash window, but thats not the point. is there something wrong with my browser? firewall? and why is this happening now? i hadn't changed anything when it started... i don't think...

System Name W.I.P.
well.. i have this same problem. nothing wrong with the codecs. the video is loading when i load it from a proxy.

Way to go...nothing like getting banned after 1 post.

i've tried lots of proxies, none of which even display the flash window, but thats not the point. is there something wrong with my browser? firewall? and why is this happening now? i hadn't changed anything when it started... i don't think...

Are you able to see the flash content on the TechPowerUp! homepage?

techohead

yes... it's all there, and a few youtube videos do work, but most don't load... (how was that guy banned after that one post?)