• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zalman ZM-RS6F USB Headphones

Zalman's latest ZM-RS6F USB headphones are based on a C-Media USB sound card and a 5.1 capable headset that can do real surround sound. The whole unit has been built to deliver a maximum of comfort while still being rugged and easy to transport. Another plus is that it is quite affordable when compared to other solutions with similar features.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

DeathVark

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane@2.875GHz
Motherboard ASUS M2R32-MVP
Cooling ZALMAN 9700 LED
Memory OCZ Platinum Revision-2 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Video Card(s) VisionTech HD 2900XT 512Mb
Storage WD 320GB
Display(s) Dell 2005FPW
Case Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
Power Supply OCZ GameXtream 700W
Software Win XP Home SP2
Nice review, Thanks!
I don't have a decent sound card, so if I have to buy one plus a set of headphones, that will come out to more out of pocket. OZDirect has them at $55, that gives it a better value, I think. Too bad they don't come with a mic, so I will still have to buy one.
Zalman has their own stand alone mic, I know the regular (not USB) ZM-RS6F sometimes are sold with a microphone, I just don't know if you can hook it up to the headphone set or it is another independent 6-foot wire?

You need to hook an external microphone up to the sound card in your PC. The RS6F USB is only a pair of headphones and the C-Media sound card doesn't have a jack for a microphone.