• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zotac 1050ti Mini more silent BIOS

Hello everyone, first time posting.

I have a Zotac 1050ti Mini and its fans minimum speeds are 45%. I tried afterburner, Zotac own software, EVGA software and such and I simply can't lower the fans RPM.

Through some research I came to conclusion that a BIOS flashing could be needed, but I couldn't find a suitable BIOS, at least with the little knowledge I have. Could anyone suggest one?

The card is too loud as it is, and I only use the PC for writing code and sometimes play some indies.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Regards,
bohrz

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
The fans have a physical limitation and also the bios are designed to keep people like you from burning up the card creating an unnecessary RMA from abuse.

Hello everyone, first time posting.

I have a Zotac 1050ti Mini and its fans minimum speeds are 45%. I tried afterburner, Zotac own software, EVGA software and such and I simply can't lower the fans RPM.

Through some research I came to conclusion that a BIOS flashing could be needed, but I couldn't find a suitable BIOS, at least with the little knowledge I have. Could anyone suggest one?

The card is too loud as it is, and I only use the PC for writing code and sometimes play some indies.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Regards,
bohrz

If you want the fan quieter, do a improvisation by removing the existing fan and putting your own on with a rheostat or varistor/potentiometer.
Or go watercooling as I dont know if there is a Custom fanless heatsink for that card.

Last edited:
The fans have a physical limitation and also the bios are designed to keep people like you from burning up the card creating an unnecessary RMA from abuse.
OK, fair enough. As always with tech forums, just a explanation would've been fine, but people have to attack. You don't know me, you don't know what I am like. I simply wanted a direction. You could've stopped on the fans limitation. Anyways, thank you for your time.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
OK, fair enough. As always with tech forums, just a explanation would've been fine, but people have to attack. You don't know me, you don't know what I am like. I simply wanted a direction. You could've stopped on the fans limitation. Anyways, thank you for your time.

Here is your direction, like the last message from me

Use the tool.

Follow the guide.

Mini cards run hotter due to less pcb estate to wisk off the heat. That is the tradeoff for size constraints.

The smaller the card, the louder the fan.

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
If you want the fan quieter, do a improvisation by removing the existing fan and putting your own on with a rheostat or varistor/potentiometer.
This advantage of this, is that you can use 140mm fans. I did a ghetto mod on a R280 exactly as suggested here, worked out great.

@eidairaman1 might come off a bit harsh, but there isnt anyone better to have help you. :D

System Name Master
Processor Pair of Xeon X5675's @ 4.3
Motherboard SR-2 Classified
Memory 12 GB of Corsair Dominator GT's @ 2000 7-7-7-21
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX680
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750
As always with tech forums, just a explanation would've been fine, but people have to attack.
So in turn you attack all tech forums.
Perfect. :p