• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zotac Gtx 660ti driver's problem

Damian Manuel

Hi guys!

I bought a 660ti, it shows video, but, when I try to install the drivers, Windows (in device manager) shows error 43 "The device has stopped because it reports problems"

I tried bios flash but the problem continues ...

Does anyone have any ideas?
Maybe you need to consider a hardware problem?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from tehuelche

Please provide pictures of the card, including the white sticker on its back. The more info we have, the better we will be able to help.

And if you can complete your "System Spec", would be awesome.
1614116527057.png

it may be possible it's a fake of defective card unfortunately, but we'll take a look before jumping to conclusion :).

Damian Manuel

Please provide pictures of the card, including the white sticker on its back. The more info we have, the better we will be able to help.

And if you can complete your "System Spec", would be awesome.
View attachment 189699

it may be possible it's a fake of defective card unfortunately, but we'll take a look before jumping to conclusion :).
Hello!

It's a zotac gtx 660ti (no amp) with 2048mb of vram! The white sticker on the back has been removed :banghead:

About system specs: I tested it on two systems: i3 4th gen with h81 motherboard and 8gb ram supplied with a white psu evga 430w 80+ and an i7 3770 with 16gb ram, h61 ecs motherboard, supplied with 620w seasonic psu 80+ bronze

Later I attach photos:D:D

Later I attach photos:D:D

Okidoo,

..., but, when I try to install the drivers, Windows (in device manager) shows error 43 "The device has stopped because it reports problems"

Concerning the driver installation, do you have any error during or after the installation from the wizzard?
If so, I guess your nvidia control panel doesn't show the information concerning the card?

I suppose you did remove the previous gpu drivers just to make sure it's clean cut?

Try and run GPU-Z, tho I'm not sure if it relies on successful driver installation for it to work properly, we'll learn together.

About system specs: I tested it on two systems: i3 4th gen with h81 motherboard and 8gb ram supplied with a white psu evga 430w 80+ and an i7 3770 with 16gb ram, h61 ecs motherboard, supplied with 620w seasonic psu 80+ bronze
Good thing you already removed the other components from the equation :).

Damian Manuel

Okidoo,

Concerning the driver installation, do you have any error during or after the installation from the wizzard?
If so, I guess your nvidia control panel doesn't show the information concerning the card?

I suppose you did remove the previous gpu drivers just to make sure it's clean cut?

Try and run GPU-Z, tho I'm not sure if it relies on successful driver installation for it to work properly, we'll learn together.

Good thing you already removed the other components from the equation :).
Hahaha thank you all for the time altcapwn!

I have no errors during installation. Screen flickers once upon completion, but no nvidia dashboard or geforce experience appears.
the gpu z shows all the information correctly

I always use DDU before installing a new gpu

Hi Damian, we're still waiting for those pictures,

the more pictures of the card, the better. We just want to check if it's a genuine card.

Damian Manuel

the more pictures of the card, the better. We just want to check if it's a genuine card.
Hi altcapwn. Sure, i forgot it!! Sorry!

There are the pics! I hope it works and the information is enough

Hi altcapwn. Sure, i forgot it!! Sorry!
No worries mate.

@eidairaman1 was the best for those kind of issues, Ima try to help you in his honor.

Please and try to flash the card with the following VGA BIOS :
VGA Bios Collection: Zotac GTX 660 Ti 2048 MB | TechPowerUp

Using NVFlash :
NVIDIA NVFlash (5.670.0) Download | TechPowerUp

And when you do the flashing, just to be sure and safe, I would recommend you to connect your monitor to the iGPU.
You may need to disable a feature in the bios that disable iGPU if a dedicated GPU is detected.

Good news is ; your card seem genuine.
If you feel uncomfortable flashing your card, let me know and I'll give you some guidelines.
Take note that flashing a GPU is never a guaranteed process. It may brick, so keep that in mind.

Just let me know if the flash fails, what is the error given.
You can try that BIOS too but there's no overclock.

if the bios flashing is successful, but the GPU still doesn't want to install, we may need to look into your eventviewer to see if we can get more details about the reason of the failure.
Next time you try installing your drivers, from "Device Management", right click your GPU and make sure to "uninstall and remove all traces of drivers".
As an example :
1614365039605.png

Last edited:

Damian Manuel

No worries mate.

@eidairaman1 was the best for those kind of issues, Ima try to help you in his honor.

Please and try to flash the card with the following VGA BIOS :

Using NVFlash :
NVIDIA NVFlash (5.670.0) Download | TechPowerUp

Good news is ; your card seem genuine.
If you feel uncomfortable flashing your card, let me know and I'll give you some guidelines.
Take note that flashing a GPU is never a guaranteed process. It may brick, so keep that in mind.

Just let me know if the flash fails, what is the error given.
You can try that BIOS too but there's no overclock.

if the bios flashing is successful, but the GPU still doesn't want to install, we may need to look into your eventviewer to see if we can get more details about the reason of the failure.
Next time you try installing your drivers, from "Device Management", right click your GPU and make sure to "uninstall and remove all traces of drivers".
As an example :
View attachment 190090
I already tried to update BIOS with Nvflash, and also to delete Drivers from device manager (all this before creating the post) but nothing had any result. :'(

I already tried to update BIOS with Nvflash, and also to delete Drivers from device manager (all this before creating the post) but nothing had any result. :'(
Oooh, did NVFlash gave you any error? And I suppose you used the VGA BIOS provided.

Okidoo, then in your devmgmt.msc, in your GPU, in the "event tabs", what does it says?

Damian Manuel

Oooh, did NVFlash gave you any error? And I suppose you used the VGA BIOS provided.

Okidoo, then in your devmgmt.msc, in your GPU, in the "event tabs", what does it says?
No, Nvflash does not show errors.
I backed up the gpu BIOS with GpuZ, then dragged the BIOS file you shared with me to nvflash. This does the update, verifies and closes.
Both before and after the BIOS flashes, the device manager displays "The device has stopped because it is reporting problems"

Do you mean that with "devmgmt.msc"?

Sorry, devmgmt.msc is "Device Manager" :), you can enter that in "run" or "cmd" to access it rapidly.

You should have an "event" tab in your device manager once you open a device.
This tab should gives more information.

Oh and clean the GPU PCI connector for me please with alcohol or lighter fuel :).

Damian Manuel

Sorry, devmgmt.msc is "Device Manager" :), you can enter that in "run" or "cmd" to access it rapidly.

You should have an "event" tab in your device manager once you open a device.
This tab should gives more information.

Oh and clean the GPU PCI connector for me please with alcohol or lighter fuel :).
I understand!
Can I see it even though the gpu is not connected?
If so, as soon as I turn on the last PC I tested on, I look at it. :3

I understand!
Can I see it even though the gpu is not connected?
If so, as soon as I turn on the last PC I tested on, I look at it. :3
Hmmm it should still be there but may be hidden, you can see it by clicking on "View", then "Show Hidden Devices".

If there's video from the card, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. Very strange.

Damian Manuel

Mmmm, todavía debería estar allí, pero puede estar oculto, puedes verlo haciendo clic en "Ver" y luego en "Mostrar dispositivos ocultos".

Si hay video de la tarjeta, entonces no veo por qué no funcionaría. Muy extraño.
Perfect, as soon as I can I will show the necessary information ❤

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
660 Ti is pretty old, entirely possible it's simply failed. I have a non-Ti 660 that's still in daily use. I never update the drivers. Right, some 660 cards were afflicted with driver related TDRs. nVidia never explained what the problem was. I supect they may have swept a problem under the rug. It might be easier to change the card to a 960 or something (960 was trouble free and the "newest" silicon revision for the generation).

Damian Manuel

660 Ti is pretty old, entirely possible it's simply failed. I have a non-Ti 660 that's still in daily use. I never update the drivers. Right, some 660 cards were afflicted with driver related TDRs. nVidia never explained what the problem was. I supect they may have swept a problem under the rug. It might be easier to change the card to a 960 or something (960 was trouble free and the "newest" silicon revision for the generation).
Hello Xorbe!
Thanks for your reply!
I know, is a pretty old gpu, but i bought it cheap, and i esa hoping to repair ir i'll keep trying!

Damian Manuel

Hmmm it should still be there but may be hidden, you can see it by clicking on "View", then "Show Hidden Devices".

If there's video from the card, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. Very strange.
Hello again!
Sorry. I was busy.
In events I found this:

Description:
Driver management finished the driver installation process nv_dispi.inf_amd64_c1a085cc86772d3f \ nv_dispi.inf for device instance identifier PCI \ VEN_10DE & DEV_1183 & SUBSYS_128019DA & REV_A1 \ 4 & 14E8F4CB & following status 0 & 0x0.

Attachments

• Nuevo documento de texto.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 114