• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition MCU LED stopped working

freaky-hardware

Hi there,

maybe anyone may have an idea how to address this issue: My Zotac GTX 970 AMP Extreme Edition worked reliably for several years, but recently, there have been issues (system crashes, distorted images) after Windows switched off the monitor, or restarts from energy saving mode. At the same time I noticed, that there is a difference concerning the system LEDs on the card. The card has four small SMD LEDs to show the card's system state, one of which is the blue MCU LED, which had been constantly flashing until the card started causing problems ... Now the blue SMD LED is off and can't be reactivated, and I tried everything that came to mind to solve the issue: rebooting multiple time, tested card on a second system (no difference), tested the LED itself with the card removed from the computer (LED is fine), flashed new VBIOS (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/167316/zotac-gtx970-4096-141024-1), no changes. However, in 3D applications (benchmarks and games) the card works as reliable as before. However, the constant system crashes when the card is in idle mode or wakes up from energy saving states are not very healthy for the system as a whole, so any ideas would be very much welcome! Zotac support suggested to buy a new card by the way, saying that the card needs to be repaired (without specifying what the issue may be) ...

Maybe somebody experienced something similar with a GTX 970 or another card from the GTX family.
Many thanks in advance,
freaky-hardware