1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zune HD

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by [H]@RD5TUFF, Dec 28, 2009.

1. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Perhaps I will. I dun know I'm kinda weirded out by the whole thing lol. Gunna try it tho, I'm just rather frustrated.

2. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I was ticked off when it did it for Star Trek as well.

Luckily, I haven't experienced issues since that, and I have been putting multiple tv shows on.

I thought it was an isolated incident until you posted this. :\

3. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Well the part that confuses the hell out of me is that I can play it fine in the zune player, from my "collection" but when I put it in the zune and ask it to play it, it seems confused as all hell:wtf: *sigh*

4. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry

Thanks Received:
    Yah, Star Trek did the same thing for me. It seems extremely random.

The file is definitely on the Zune, it takes the time to sync it, but somehow the Zune thinks its missing.

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  5. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I'ma going to call Microsoft and see what they have to say. Perhaps their is a firmware update or something or a workthough. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe it's an obscure audio codec or something that's causing the problem.

6. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've got a silver 32GB and just can't get enough. So much better than my Creative Zen, which had excellent sound quality. So topping a creative product on sound quality is impressive. Touch screen is awesome. I still need to get a game on it, so I will have to try that racing game.

7. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry

Thanks Received:
    Cool, glad you are enjoying it.

You should try out audiosurf if you want an awesome game. :toast:

8. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Project gotham is an awsome time waster! Audio Surf is as well! However I have found them inherantly difficult to play in the back of a cab, unleess you get lucky and get a cab that has suspension, otherwise, your bumping and bouncing around soo much that you have a horrible time controling anything! But supposedly their going to shoot for like 100 apps by the end of this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called Microsoft, and they told me that they do not know about the problem I have been having with the videos on my zune, but they said they would look into it. In the mean time they sudgested remuxing the file, and then try demuxing the filke again.

9. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry

Thanks Received:
    woooahhhhh 100 apps? Where did you read this? Will they all be free (ad-supported) I wonder?

10. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I was told by a friend, that said he read it on a leaked press release (maybe a rumor I don't know) but I would assume they would be mostly free. I did read that microsoft is supposed to have some bnews @ CES relating to the Zune, I do hope their going to anounce the second gen Zune HD! I would dearly love a bigger screen, and the ability to copy and paste! Although I would gladly pay 5-10 dollars to get that on my current Zune HD!

11. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have used mine for anything but music so far, but I would like a bigger screen. The current size is nice, but bigger would be better, as long as they don't sacrifice depth. I don't want a huge screen on a thick chassis. Gonna try out those games later today and put an ITunes movie I have on it to see how that works :)

12. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, bigger is not really ever a bad thing, but I don't want a device an inch and a half thick either lol! But the real feature I want is cut and paste! Because those damn secured router passwords are a PITA to get right sometimes. My cable network doesn't have NFL direct, or the NFL network, so I end up missing a lot of games, but I do use my Zune to go on ESPN Mobile ( http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/ ) and get play by plays and scores and it works well, and saves me the pain of a 70 dollar tab at the bar and 30 dollar cab ride home when I'd go watch the game there.

13. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft Key notes

7:13PM "Zune. It's getting rave reviews. We've integrated Zune Video offerings into Xbox Live. We'll continue to expand this product to other MSFT platforms."

Not as detailed as I had hoped for.