• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New profile posts

So God is dead, like Nietzsche said
Only 16 years of age, he said
R-T-B
R-T-B
Yes, but that's only because the frog god ate him.

You know youve done goofed when even a country known for many Human rights violations (*other than the ones stated) is calling you out. The accusations while just accusations are very true. China have been keeping Uighurs & other Muslims in 'detention centers' (What most people call concentration camps) for a long time now. This is only one part of the story though.
FreedomEclipse
FreedomEclipse
What this article also doesnt tell you is the CCP sending their people to 'breed out' the Uighur race while their husbands are being detained in the concentration camps.
Caring1
Caring1
Oh the irony. Bwahahaha
I feel like I've known for a long time, but seeing it second-hand cements it.

Trying to reason someone out of their faith is the same as trying to 'faith' someone out of their reasoning.
Reactions: windwhirl
robot zombie
robot zombie
Very right. The low-hangers aren't ripe. I like to think of it as phases. I've had points in being a person when there was no swaying me on specific things, to a nonsensical degree. There are things like that now. :laugh: So maybe it's not that people are becoming less receptive to ideological challenges. It's just that a person's receptiveness rotates depending on everything in and around them.
robot zombie
robot zombie
Realizing this helped me to empathize more with people and understand them enough to have more reasonable conversations. Maybe months later we have more to talk about because of a little connection. My thoughts may change too. People are more similar than different. We're just at different points in our grasps of things. And then on top of that, our brains are weird n'stuff and make us act irrationally at times.
robot zombie
robot zombie
Also, internet is double-eged. It opens a lot of doors for ideas to flow, but some things are just terrible for drive-by discussion. There needs to be that connection. An unspoken understanding between people who have learned how to communicate things to each other, person-to-person basis. It usually takes time to build up to that level of communicating with someone. You have to earn it together.
Hi, noticed you posted the dts addon for the recon 3d in a few places but the download link is dead.. any chance you could provide me with a new link? i really need dts for my amp, i would be most thankful. have a great day.
Ever have one of those days were it feels like the whole world wants to pick a fight with you? Having one of those days... And I swear to god the next ruddy twat who lips off to me is gonna get bitch-slapped.
hi, can i also have the corel design file for the cosmo 2 side panel? I wish I could see the inside of the computer with all the mods that I put on it.
my email is: xxxxxx
sneekypeet
sneekypeet
I pulled the email address. Wait for a reply and send it via PM to keep spammers at bay. ;)
got new lens for my nikon, sometimes back to manual feels better than auto
Reactions: robot zombie
robot zombie
robot zombie
New lenses make me happy and sad at the same time. Awesome, and profusely expensive!

With manual, I teeter. When I know I can get the same result without it, I don't use it, for efficiency. But it is nice to know everything will just do what you tell it to and nothing more. Sometimes auto modes have you working against them.
In spite of things like house flooding, covid-19, sister stealing 1000's from mom, various BS, I think I'm the least stressed I've been in years.

When things go back to normal, I don't know if I can live like I used to. You learn a lot when things get pulled away from you for a while. So many things I don't miss at all about my daily life and never realized.
Hey, thanks for your help in my DFI thread, I will totally take the BIOS's and drivers. Thanks!
Twitter scares me with how easy it is exploit. Bots start off just retweeting things their targets like, taking advantage of filtering to get like minds on them. Assuming they follow, it gets extra weighting. And then once drawing a crowd can basically turn 1000's of real people into misinformation aggregates.

I don't follow the conspiracies. But it seems like it'd be very easy.
Reactions: windwhirl
windwhirl
windwhirl
Indeed, although I have seen a few that were rather... poorly handled and easily gave away their bot identity when it should have never been discovered (at least from the point of view of their contractor) that they were bots.

And then there are those that just copy-paste the same text over and over again, which would easily give them away (nobody would copy-paste, they would just RT)
windwhirl
windwhirl
On the bright side, there have been a few bots that everyone knew to be bots and were fun to follow around. There was this one that retweeted complaints thrown to a certain ISP, some of which were quite creative :laugh:
robot zombie
robot zombie
I know there are tools out there that will analyze and calculate the probability of an account being a bot. Some would put twitter at around 15% bots IIRC. 330m accts = 50m bots lmao. Not all of them can be sharp. But still! That's nuts!
He asked about what had happened. 4 days later, I was fired by some dick in HR for THEFT! My DM was nearly in tears. He could not do anything about it. He talked to his Boss, Regional MGR, and he could do nothing either. No good deed goes unpunished, when you are owned by a corp.
robot zombie
robot zombie
IME, HR is not there to protect YOU, the employee. IF they were, it'd be pretty strange how bad they all seem to be at that...

As far as I can tell, HR exists to fire people and cover things up. Sometimes both. The reason may not even be what you think it is.
robot zombie
robot zombie
I'm reminded of a freight manager I worked with getting fired for 'stealing' a pack of gum. We started at 4AM. The registers won't even come up till 8, so sometimes she would grab a snack and have it rung up right before opening. Hell, I would ring it up.

She explained this to them, and they never even cared about who else was involved or knew, luckily for me. Just goes to show it was only her they wanted.
PooPipeBoy
PooPipeBoy
Good old fashioned head-hunting managers. God forbid they ever see you as a liability. There's no warnings or three-strikes when you're on their hit list.