• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New profile posts

Well, I'm back to 40 hour weeks, we'll see how long that lasts, since our new guy got through his training. So now, 3 days off!! Too bad the weather still sucks! We've had two+ days of snow, couple inches here in the city but, up North they got a foot, or more! Leave it to March to eff up your Winter! LOL
i am totally sick of my family, they give me these bloody psychiatry drugs in huge amount then expect me to behave well, all i feel is empty and scared due to these drugs, it's a scam, they made me such a coward i barely leave house and can't face people, have trouble making eye contact and filled with so much inferiority complex
I
idkidk
Then pretend to get meds and leave out asap?
Also if you have issues with people in your city you can consider to change city especially if you're young.
I wish to have it done when I was younger
avidgamer121
avidgamer121
it's a long story bro, it's not like that im clean, they did give me a chance 3 years ago but i went insane and said many hurtful things so they have their reason. There is nothing wrong with my city, people are ok here. I was sent to a rehab for 1 year when i did alot of mischief online as well (talking about conspiracy theories).
I
idkidk
My bad for assuming stuff. I had a really bad experience with people within my city. I regret to not have restarted my life at 18 in another place
contemplating putting xp on my ryzen system because this is what nerds do, go off on adventures
  • Haha
Reactions: stinger608
Onasi
Onasi
Possible with some tweaking, but the driver situation will be painful. Anything USB3 and AHCI/xHCI in particular. Obviously, you can forget anything AMD Chipset related. So, uh, it is possible and will work, but how actually useable it’ll be is questionable.
Will run incredibly fast and snappy in the OS itself, so that’s a silver lining.
Well, good day, so far. Slept in, till noon, got my tool roll, volt meter and a little backpack and my checkbook. Went to Walgreens for a 9 volt for the meter, stopped and got a coffee and then went to the parking garage office to pay them a couple bucks, she under charged me a little, when I set it up, last week.
Arjai
Arjai
I then went down to my motorcycle and took off the seat to test the battery. It was at 12.4V, which IS actually low. I started it up and let it get warm, about 5 minutes. It was charging well, 14.3V, and when I tested it after, the battery was 13.3V. So, job done. Looks like I will be doing that again, next week.
Arjai
Arjai
Well, and again for a few more weeks, until it warms up again. I don't have a trickle charger and there is no where to plug one in, at the garage I'm in. I could take the battery out, or just remove the leads but, I think a weekly start and 5 min run will be fine.
Arjai
Arjai
It was good to hear it run. I can't wait to get back out in her!!:)
Z900RS.jpg
does running 2nd display as duplicate takes up gpu resources?
Onasi
Onasi
As duplicate meaning mirroring what the first screen outputs exactly? Yes, marginally. The resource cost should be minimal to irrelevant since the GPU still renders the same frame, just outputs it to two devices. But it still does have an overhead, namely on the display engine, academically speaking.
avidgamer121
avidgamer121
@Onasi so it won't reduce fps in games? i think it would atleast use less resources than extending
Onasi
Onasi
Not by any meaningful amount, no. Not on a reasonably modern GPU. Extending is obviously a different kettle of fish since you are effectively increasing the rendering resolution.
Do note that mirroring works best with monitors running same resolution and, preferably, refresh. But this should be obvious as is.
Made it through another Work Week!!Today, I am doing some laundry and then heading to my favorite local diner. Last week, I was so beat I didn't even make it. In fact, I was so tired and lazy, I didn't even leave the house for 2 days! I actually ordered Toilet Paper from DoorDash! How lame! LOL
Reactions: stinger608
Arjai
Arjai
I am feeling a bit more ambulatory, this week! :) So, just waiting for another load to hit the dryer, shower and then go. Although, since I finished Erasure, great Book(!!), I am unsure what to bring to read...I will find something, before I go. :lovetpu:
Got through the 2 twelve hour shifts, now 3 eights and then 2 days off, rinse and repeat. The exciting thing was, I got my bike out of storage, Friday. Unfortunately, the weather went back to cold with a side of chilly! Anyways, it will warm up, eventually, and I am ready for it!
Hello, new here and new in OC'ing.
x5690 bios said 4.4 but this HWmonitor says 4.38 when loaded, but the max as seen on image 4.8???
0Turbo prime result 2024-03-17 203113.png
wow, installed frame generation mod for cyberpunk and getting 10-15fps more with my 1050 ti, i thought it would double the fps but still impressive considering it is on quality preset
20240206_120622.jpg

DIY'd some JDM (alpine) speakers (not in shot) into my JDM (suzuki swift) car.
1710386972500.png

Reactions: Night
Night
Night
Might invest in some soundproofing while you're at it.
de.das.dude
de.das.dude
true true, but i couldnt figure out how to install the sound proofing without ripping off the protective plastic. We get torrential rains here, so really cant remove the plastic lol.
S
Steevo
brown bread, or poly fiberfill stuffed in behind the speaker, or both!!! Poly-fil is cheap sound insulation that won't rot and it really doesn't hold moisture
Onasi
Onasi
Antennas are important, this is a bad case for a standalone router. Need to swap to a mesh system so that the cat can knock those off shelves and counters.
(this whole post is tongue in cheek, obviously)
R-T-B
R-T-B
And host all your important files on a SFF on a shelf, so the kitty can uh...

I've said too much. Kitty is watching.